Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 2-1/2 months, I finally got to pick up my new MY today! I had to take an Uber for over two hours to get to the Delivery Center in Columbus Oh.
I arrived about 45-minutes early. There were 3 available SAs there. One of them immediately started to help me through the process. We did all the paperwork right there in the showroom (90% of it was dealing with temp plates). He then went in the back and turned on my Tesla phone app.
After that was all done he brought my car out to the parking area in front. He offered to walk me though anything and everything. I asked a few questions and then said I just want to do my inspection. A very nice, calm and full human process!
The only thing that I could find was some drops of washer fluid in the frunk and the two USB-C outlets for the back seat didn't work with my phone and USB-A to USB-C adapter. The SA wiped up the fluid drips and tried his phone and my cable on the back plugs and no good for him either. He thought it could be my adapter and if not put in a ticket to Tesla Service.
It was quick and I ended up leaving before my original appointment time!
Vin is 2415xx and it includes the Bioweapon filtration!
Phew!!
Also picking up from Easton next week. Did they install any PPF or mudflaps? Rumor is they do for certain areas.

im back. Leased MYP last year 8/20 and was delivered 9/26.

Ran over debris from drunk driver 8/15, body shop 8/17. Estimate 45K to fix and punctured battery 8/20. Didn’t find out until called body shop 8/31.

Ordered (financing) MYP 8/31. EDD 4-5 weeks (order page now shows 3-4 weeks) while i wait for insurance to declare it totaled

This is my first post on this forum. Great info so far. I am noticing that MYP delivery is 3-4 Weeks as opposed to MYLR EDD January - any specific reason for this? Does Tesla want us to may more for almost the same features?
That appears to be the case, they are prioritizing MYP's in production at the moment. I suppose one can't blame them since there are clearly enough people who are willing to spend $7k more than they would otherwise have spent, but it does seem unfair for us that think that spending $60k (including tax) on a car is steep enough.

But once the Austin plant Model Y production starts I assume the delivery lag should be shortened. Because as it is, the 6 month wait is just untenable for Tesla AND its customers. If my car gets totaled in an accident, I need to wait 6 months for a replacement? That's like BEGGING people to go to other EV manufacturers. So one we get ours, we need to drive carefully, VERY carefully if we love our Model Y. 🙂

• Funny
Reactions: backeis
That appears to be the case, they are prioritizing MYP's in production at the moment. I suppose one can't blame them since there are clearly enough people who are willing to spend $7k more than they would otherwise have spent, but it does seem unfair for us that think that spending $60k (including tax) on a car is steep enough.

But once the Austin plant Model Y production starts I assume the delivery lag should be shortened. Because as it is, the 6 month wait is just untenable for Tesla AND its customers. If my car gets totaled in an accident, I need to wait 6 months for a replacement? That's like BEGGING people to go to other EV manufacturers. So one we get ours, we need to drive carefully, VERY carefully if we love our Model Y. 🙂
Appreciate your thoughts and Yes I totally agree. It seems to me MYLR EDD of January is riskier of slipping (hopefully not). I was told by my Tesla SA that they are expecting a delivery of 500 vehicles of Model 3 and Y next month (2021 Q3 Orders) in Austin region. SA suggested to put in the order - so if anybody cancel/refuses delivery they can contact other folks - well may have to compromise on exterior/interior color.

FYI I am based in Austin and noted that Giga TX construction update video on YT this week the trial production run of Model Y is complete. So if all stars align (construction, resources, training all complete on time) limited production runs is expected to start in Oct-Nov time frame - not sure what "limited" means in terms of numbers. Most likely mass production would happen in Q1 2022 in order to fulfill the Q4 2021 orders.

Reactions: imola.zhp