Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using an iPhone 13 mini.... BUT my NFC stickers haven't even arrived from Amazon yet. You perhaps meant to ask @dene30, who originally mentioned the idea?

I don't know if it's OK to put an NFS sticker on my magsafe charger - though they apparently have a builtin NFC tag themselves! Apple includes NFC in MagSafe accessories for new iPhones

I also don't know how close it has to be to the phone's reader - which in the iPhone is near the camera iiuc.

From the youtube video I linked, it does seem that you can set things up to open an app without confirmation. But I haven't been able to try that yet.
Thanks @pbar, you're right!

@dene30 which NFC sticker are you using? does it pop up a confirmation message before it opens the Teslogic app?

Thanks @pbar, you're right!

@dene30 which NFC sticker are you using? does it pop up a confirmation message before it opens the Teslogic app?
I am using NTAG213 that’s already NDEF formatted. iOS requires that something is written to the tag (could be anything). Within iOS automation you can turn ‘Ask before running’ to off so you will not get a confirmation message. I've been using the tag for a few days now and sometimes it works erratically. I'm trying to find out if MagSafe is causing this. Maybe I need to change the location of the tag. I think it is useful tool to start apps like Teslogic and Waze in a certain order without confirmation. Please note that the tag is only detected at the level of the notch on the back of the phone.

I toyed with the idea of NFC tags and bought some a while ago, but for now just a shortcut widget on the Today screen.

So when I get in the car and as I’m placing the phone on the holder I just swipe right and hit the big shortcut widget. Completely reliable. The shortcut changes various settings, open apps, sets Waze navigation and sends the destination to the Tesla etc

I've been watching the screen that shows power distribution across systems. They don't seem to quite make sense to me. Battery heating seems directly tied to motor power delivery, showing about 2kw at cruising and about 15 at full throttle. 0 when stopped. Also when I manipulate climate I see an increase in power from the Other category, not climate

Oh.
4FBF52F0-DBD4-4E62-944A-7E5F876F73A6.jpeg

I'm in the UK though - so I think the Italian post thing must be a mistake!
Good morning, have you had any further tracking updates on your order coming to the UK. When I use Shop app , it now says "we are not getting anymore updates for this order" , do you mind sharing the link to the other tracking sites you use, as the one provided is useless :p. #Thanks

I used Parcelsapp.com and then just the Parcelforce website itself.

No letter yet - I’ve just DM’d Parcelforce on Twitter to see if I can just find out the charges and sort it out today so it can be delivered tomorrow without having to wait for an antiquated physical letter to arrive…

Don’t fully understand the customs stuff, but wasn’t expecting any of this given it was less that £135. Annoyed by all this - paid $20 delivery, waited an age for it to get near, and now this too. Tempted to just let it go back and get a refund tbh.

By the way, well done people who voted for Brexit 👏
I used Parcelsapp.com and then just the Parcelforce website itself.

No letter yet - I’ve just DM’d Parcelforce on Twitter to see if I can just find out the charges and sort it out today so it can be delivered tomorrow without having to wait for an antiquated physical letter to arrive…

Don’t fully understand the customs stuff, but wasn’t expecting any of this given it was less that £135. Annoyed by all this - paid $20 delivery, waited an age for it to get near, and now this too. Tempted to just let it go back and get a refund tbh.
lol, you beat me to it. Thanks for the link, its pretty good and a lot of detail. So I heard any shipments from Europe now incur customs charges regardless of amount or value of goods.

So my last update at 2am on 8th Sept says the following - Prepared for delivery. Your parcel has been sorted to the drivers route for delivery. It has no mention of any custom charges yet, perhaps you got picked on random inspection, this is known to happen for international parcels?

Who knows, maybe mine will just turn up.

It’s actually the faff and them sending a letter (!?) which annoys me most - just bring the item to me and let me pay you on my doorstep.
The way it should have worked, is they should have just emailed you a link so that you can pay online., The letter stuff seems like they are going back in time, and with the postal strikes could get delayed now. This is not great !

Reactions: BillN
I’d also just like to point out that I ordered stuff from Abstract Ocean in the US on 28th August, paid only $7 for USPS shipping, and received it here in the UK, with no bother at all, on 6th September.

Reactions: Binlo