Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered mine from this forum thread. I had previously developed my own MPP like race dash using an ECUMasters ADU7 and my own printed bracket. It was nice but a bit large, blocked the airflow too much, and software updates would break some of my can messaging like stator temp recently. Looking forward to trying this

I’ve used this for a couple days now and very much like it. Similar issues to those already described.

The biggest issue is when I make a phone call, it effectively shuts down the app as the call takes the screen over and does not return to Teslogic (iOS, iPhone 12 Pro Max). Similarly, when receiving a call, it disconnects Teslogic and I have to force exit and restart—which is unsafe while driving.

I’d also like an option for the scroll wheel swipe to not swipe Teslogic screens when I’m adjusting car distance. I only use the main screen anyhow.

Other issues: disconnection is regular when you don’t remain on app, 3 digit speed signs cut off, etc.

Anyhow, EXCELLENT product albeit very Beta feeling. Would strongly recommend given these are resolvable with software updates. LOVE the OEM look. I also paired with a wireless MagSafe mount pretty much identical to Teslogic’s, but with charging capabilities, off AliExpress for $20.

Thanks!

View attachment 844230
I had that concern when using auto cruise
Mine doesn't cause any problems though.
As I use my phone as my key, if you will, I use an old phone simply for the teslogic app.

Reactions: sorphin
I am just wondering if you use old phone as a dedicated unit, would the thieves will know that is an non functioning old phone just for the dashboard function? or they will break your window anyway to grab it and toss it in the trash afterward, and you are left with broken window.

I am just wondering if you use old phone as a dedicated unit, would the thieves will know that is an non functioning old phone just for the dashboard function? or they will break your window anyway to grab it and toss it in the trash afterward, and you are left with broken window.
I'll be using an old phone and removing it when I leave the car. I simply don't want to have deal with switching apps and when I get a call it going away. I use my phone key, this I could stash away.

Reactions: nate704
My P0 requirements for using this would be:
1. The UI doesn't suddenly disappear when text messages/notification from other iphone apps arrive
2. Decent navigation support that's well integrated
3. Absolutely minimal setup hassle each time I get into the car

Having speed, turn signal and blindspot warnings somewhere close to my line of sight is really valuable, but if it takes 5 minutes of faffing around each time I get in the car then I'm only likely to do it for long journeys.

I also think that I get the _majority_ of what I want/need on long road trips from the Waze GUI (clear driving directions and warnings of upcoming hazards). What's missing is a) when I use Waze it doesn't agree with the Tesla nav routes, b) the turn signal / blind spot info, c) notifications/warnings from the main Tesla computer.

So my ideal setup would be an integration of Waze with some parts of the Teslogic system. (can't see that happening unless the Google maps API exposes Waze hazard info?)

I tried to read all of the previous posts to make sure nobody already covered it. My issue is the blinds pot indicator. I installed my unit this week and went on a 400 mile trip. Almost every time I used my turn signal with a vehicle beside me the unit flashed green. It was also very slow to show up on the screen. I don't feel like I can depend on that feature. Also, while running 70 mph on the Interstate I reset the speed. It showed speed in the 40 mph rather than the 70 mph range. Not a deal breaker, but the blindspot issue is close. Otherwise I love my Teslogic.

My P0 requirements for using this would be:
1. The UI doesn't suddenly disappear when text messages/notification from other iphone apps arrive
2. Decent navigation support that's well integrated
3. Absolutely minimal setup hassle each time I get into the car

Having speed, turn signal and blindspot warnings somewhere close to my line of sight is really valuable, but if it takes 5 minutes of faffing around each time I get in the car then I'm only likely to do it for long journeys.

I also think that I get the _majority_ of what I want/need on long road trips from the Waze GUI (clear driving directions and warnings of upcoming hazards). What's missing is a) when I use Waze it doesn't agree with the Tesla nav routes, b) the turn signal / blind spot info, c) notifications/warnings from the main Tesla computer.

So my ideal setup would be an integration of Waze with some parts of the Teslogic system. (can't see that happening unless the Google maps API exposes Waze hazard info?)
Hi, iOS does not allow embedding other apps into another so, no waze integration with teslogic at all. However, I agree with the other points.

@Kate@Teslogic , are you able to share what additional screens might be coming in a future app update? I think you mentioned an analog gauge.

However, here is what I wish for: my close-up eyesight is not great (my distance vision is fine for driving), so I’d ask for a “bare bones” digital speedometer with as large a font as you can fit, plus the AP / autosteer / speed limit / set speed icons as big as they can be.

We are on the opposite end of the “nerd mode” spectrum… just want a couple basics. No Wh/mile metrics, no trip meters, etc, those can be on another page. Both my wife and I just want to see the speed, blinkers, and the blue AP icon, filling the screen. That’s it. After 3000+ Highway miles in the last 30 days, all that mattered was confirming speed. The rest was fluff/unused.

Thank you!
Hi Starship42, I read in another forum that you can tell the car is designed by engineers who live in California and are under 35 years old.!!!! Like me, you may have what my optometrist calls A.G.E. disease. Most people on the wrong side of 45 will struggle with the Tesla screen (I am 67). For example I can't easily determine the difference between the speed limit of 50 or 60 (we have the euro style speed sign displayed, number in a red circle), can't read the clock, can't see the blinkers, no possibility of reading any of those warning messages in the bottom corner of the screen etc. My solution was to get a pair of bifocal glasses made for driving. The split in the lens is positioned so it is above the Tesla screen but below the bottom of the windscreen with my head in the normal driving position. Although my long vision is fine for driving my optometrist put a very mild prescription in the upper section that crisps up the long vision a bit. One thing to be aware of is that "normal" bifocals apparently just have a portion of the lower lens set to the reading prescription. I paid extra to get the reading portion all the way across. If you want to do this, put your head in the normal driving position and measure to the centre of the Tesla screen from the bridge of your nose. With your glasses on and your head in the driving position, use a marker pen to mark where the split should be. If you take that to your optometrist he should be able to order the glasses for you. If I am just going on a short drive to the local shops etc I don't wear them, but anything much further I usually do.