Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine said reviewing, too, because I missed one of the stupid questions (it was actually something of my wife's I think), so I got impatient and just swung by there at lunch the following day and made sure everything was okay.

Thanks for the info. Being that we applied together for the better rate I may need to update the registration or cause more delays. :(

May stop by there tomorrow as I assume all loan people don’t work Saturday’s and then the holiday on Monday.

Good news is the car is at the delivery hub so the moment they get the check they can start delivery setup.

Thanks for the info. Being that we applied together for the better rate I may need to update the registration or cause more delays. :(

May stop by there tomorrow as I assume all loan people don’t work Saturday’s and then the holiday on Monday.

Good news is the car is at the delivery hub so the moment they get the check they can start delivery setup.
Can you explain what you mean when you say "delivery hub" - is that not shipped yet and in CA or at Cedar Springs? Thought most were reporting they weren't shipping to TX until you had sent them funds for the car.

Can you explain what you mean when you say "delivery hub" - is that not shipped yet and in CA or at Cedar Springs? Thought most were reporting they weren't shipping to TX until you had sent them funds for the car.

He didn’t specify where but he is calling from LV and will not ship to Texas until they receive the check.

Unsure if the hub is in Fremont or LV though. I can’t see why it would be in LV but he said the Model 3 team is in LV and it all goes through them there.

• Helpful
Reactions: GDNTX
Looking at the invites sheet (which I'm sure everyone has been updating with their VIN info, right?) it looks like everyone that has gotten VINs so far reserved on March 31st, correct?

That seems to be true for the Texas VINs. It looks like configuration date seems to be the primary indicator with invite date secondary. I'm kicking myself for not obsessively checking my Tesla account earlier in January instead of assuming we'd receive an email when we were able to configure.

Tesla could probably greatly reduce their server loads by pushing out notifications in a timely manner instead of us pulling status 400 times a day looking for the RN to turn into a VIN.

I got my purchase paperwork last night but there was a typo in my wife's name, so now we're waiting for corrected paperwork. With Monday being a banking holiday I'm now fearful that concluding our transaction will be delayed by three days due to a single mistyped letter!

I got my purchase paperwork last night but there was a typo in my wife's name, so now we're waiting for corrected paperwork. With Monday being a banking holiday I'm now fearful that concluding our transaction will be delayed by three days due to a single mistyped letter!

Being we are on the same exact timeline, same credit union, same wife type things I thought of the same thing this morning with the monday holiday. Just our luck!!

I talked to the credit union today and they just need the MVPA and info from Kevin and we will get the ball rolling i guess. I assume they dont work weekends at Tesla or the Credit Union and no work monday. Looking at 2 weeks until delivery probably :(

That seems to be true for the Texas VINs. It looks like configuration date seems to be the primary indicator with invite date secondary. I'm kicking myself for not obsessively checking my Tesla account earlier in January instead of assuming we'd receive an email when we were able to configure.

Tesla could probably greatly reduce their server loads by pushing out notifications in a timely manner instead of us pulling status 400 times a day looking for the RN to turn into a VIN.
I was actually thinking the other day that I should write an app that will constantly check for the user and notify them when it detects something has changed.

Reactions: rsbell
I was actually thinking the other day that I should write an app that will constantly check for the user and notify them when it detects something has changed.

There are chrome extensions that will notify you when the contents of a web page changes. I've used them for buying tickets to a concert as soon as the page was updated to open sales. But I'm not sure if they work on a page that you have be be signed into.