Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OH CRAP!

tLHemwd.jpg

Just in time! Congrats!

Definitely in the same boat as you. The lack of transparency is bothersome. Id rather be disappointed in finding out my invite will come in June instead of being told Dec-Jan, then Jan-Mar and now Mar-May.

And yea now that Canada is getting invites its all the more aggravating, Nothing against Canadians (of which my inlawa are both) but what the hell about all of the people who allegedly were supposed to receive invites 3 months ago.

Thankfully they are inviting again in the US. I was on an emotional roller coaster yesterday. Last night I was sitting on the couch with my teen watching TV and I figured I would check one more time. THERE IT WAS.

If you haven't gotten to place your order I sure hope you can soon!

Beaver Nuggets on me as tribute.

I'll buy too or a big bag of jerky because I can be a jerk sometimes I think?

Beaver Nuggets make anything better.

Didn't TX get skipped once before and then a huge number of invites the next week.

I hear complaints that the SC's can't get deliveries out and are working night and day, but not that many 3's are showing up - not when they deliver 3 to 4 at a time and the delivery take 30 minutes to an hour. I'm guessing there aren't that many passing through Dallas. Maybe next week.

I have to say I'm one of the very lucky few - I'm thinking my invite may show up in a few weeks and I may sit on it just to let more bugs get worked out of the car and then pull the trigger before the rebate will run out. Even a slight chance I won't purchase at all just because we don't need the car. We want it badly, but we don't need it and I'm struggling with an almost $60K purchase when one is paid off with 40K miles on it and the other only has 3 years of payments left and only 24K miles on it. But dang I want this car. I'm just not sure I want the payment that comes with it. But dang I want this car ! lol

Did you get an invite this morning?

Sure, let me click that order button right... oh... :(
View attachment 288480

Guess I'll just have to hope they do a secondary batch next week just like last month.

I am bummed you didn't get an invite! We could have turned our misery to happiness together. I would check again today because it appears they were rolling out very slowly yesterday.

Finally getting my Model 3. Set for next Tuesday. Total time from ordering to delivery, 8 weeks 3 days. Original tesla estimate was 4 week delivery.

Got to say, I’ve lost a lot of enthusiasm for the car. I’m sure it’ll come back when I pick it up, but Tesla just leaving me hanging really kind of soured me on the whole experience.

Congrats! I am excited again. I need to make sure I keep my low loan rate. That might be the only sticky point for me.

Just in time! Congrats!

Thanks no kidding! I was actually in complete shock. Then my daughter wanted to take selfies with the darn computer and I was chomping at the bit to order. I had a major emotional roller coaster day yesterday.

Nice! No invite for me yet. But surely soon. If not this week next.

I forget, do we have to pay up front? Earlier I read the payment options in TX are different/restricted.

Hopefully you get to order soon! You pay $2500 when you place the order and then after you get your vin you can secure funding and insurance. They want the funding to process before they load the car on the truck so the sale 'technically' takes place when the car is in California.

I can configure!!! Checked this morning and it was ready to go. Nearly 60 grand spent before breakfast!!

Austin day 1 line waiter approximately number 300 in line, approximately 11:30am reservation.

Congrats!! I am excited they got a big dent in the line in Austin. It really felt like we were being neglected considering I only saw posts from the first 4 in line getting invites when online orders were getting invites in Cali and the first 100-200 people in other TX towns got invites. So I am thankful that they are finally getting to our Austin peeps.

Oh and we ordered the exact same car!

Wow, I was just a little ahead of you and still no invite :oops:
Excuse me now while I get back to manically refreshing my Tesla page.

A coworker was one in front of me, so I will see if he got his invite when I get to work. I was about 20 feet or so behind the building so i guestimated my place in line based off videos.

Hope you get yours soon - I was in a bad place last night complaining about Tesla to my wife and wondering what to do with my car that needs lots of $$ in repairs...the Tesla gods heard me.

A coworker was one in front of me, so I will see if he got his invite when I get to work. I was about 20 feet or so behind the building so i guestimated my place in line based off videos.

Hope you get yours soon - I was in a bad place last night complaining about Tesla to my wife and wondering what to do with my car that needs lots of $$ in repairs...the Tesla gods heard me.

I wonder if you got bumped up too because of your current location being S.A.?

Wow, I was just a little ahead of you and still no invite :oops:
Excuse me now while I get back to manically refreshing my Tesla page.

Hopefully you get your's soon! I wonder if Mark got moved up because of his location in S.A. There might be very few people who waited in line in Austin from S.A. so if the service center there can make deliveries then they might get priority over the people who waited in line but want delivery from the Austin S.C.

Congrats to everyone getting invites. It is absolutely worth the wait. Speaking of waiting, I was supposed to get mine back today from tint/wrap, but I got "the call" yesterday saying it wouldn't be ready until Monday. So, for anyone keeping track at home, I took delivery of my Model 3 on Feb 28th and have had the car in my possession for roughly 72 hours.

Reactions: geoffreak
FWIW: To help keep my insanity while I wait for my invite I regularly check the Model 3 Invites Google Sheet (LINK). The "Invites" tab shows a sample size of how many invites are sent out by day and from where. For yesterday's invites you can see most went to CA, but TX was second and Canada only had a small percentage and they were all to owners. Also, this invite looks bigger than the one on Feb 28 but not as big as the one on Feb 22. Now, this may not be super accurate but it does give some insight.

Reactions: GDNTX
So awesome to see the Texans getting some consistent love now! I feel the first line of us broke through and it started gushing after that.

I still have yet to see one here in DFW but knowing they are around makes me happy.

It is well worth the wait, TRUST US!

Reactions: SP_H