Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just happened to meet my parents for lunch in Ft. Worth last Sunday when, as we were leaving, a guy pulled in with his new red Model 3 (I was in my red Model S). I parked and hopped out to ogle it and chat. First time I had seen one in the wild and it was red to boot!

e0219UrwEC-3TiAYiwKgcyyQktPgLhmnGNq_HZaF5iNawj_6bVreEgp0wU2_tjYjzCPrFh_De-SG0WUpt0520kzgUGT0qCs-4CNCON3zIqRybbVmtqYdp1HCyVyyAx5jMKfPCujszz2uYI2mJmP8d2ARk1Lp3Qpm_6ruf-mO3yzODvw3V2Q5GpbIPXjrG3XHPoMeUH22T92eaI_r7N1LCL2ejvY_c3cgPrZs85kxgC4m8nVwWDBKoRVxw3BDGgv3_W6Sahs9Jdpa_jh06GwXG4rTlVdLP3ZLZ8z1OzZiYocXr5fNIcKlIuOUKVfS2z5uiSHmhSTVK2iyQzOdu90D5v6Ft-mZ2pI8HnID8X5tTlVpg1NqjKv11eJzXpx3TXcWerDVWgpb5gSpcKp4WwMFxHpxSAq80FfI9z_GW9dSqv-_bk4NZwwvQ0Uzpc-kYlGqc89ph87SVwR5qZJorN4oGCR3ZNmINTi4DQSFBt88G6eWxW-GqYdg4EwGUqrE-2hvBJCdYSkzlYBPOxNGbD3iqns59UjBByEkw_F8kmJkglBTBUICaARvlEJKmvP98HR36QsBjM0wsnZhAF_Ev0lro9LanH_zYi9Bs-ytqts=w1628-h1222-no

I wonder if you got bumped up too because of your current location being S.A.?

Hopefully you get your's soon! I wonder if Mark got moved up because of his location in S.A. There might be very few people who waited in line in Austin from S.A. so if the service center there can make deliveries then they might get priority over the people who waited in line but want delivery from the Austin S.C.

It's hard to tell why I got the invite if others in front did not. I confirmed with my coworker that he, too, received the invite. I don't know how many drove up from San Antonio to reserve in Austin but I wonder if that was why Austin's line was so long? Austin had to cover all of south and central Texas for in store reservations. I guess it does make sense to "bump" people in line if they have a truck going to San Antonio and want to make sure it is actually full and not just a couple cars. Keep refreshing!!!!

Noticed the chrome delete on that second one as well. The red seems to be about 100 different reds depending on what light it's in.

Yes, I agonized over the red before I bought my Model S. I typically prefer BRIGHT reds and hate maroons, burgundys, etc. I eventually found enough examples in the wild (even went over to one owners house to see a "clean" one in natural light) that I decided to go with it. The most unusual version of the red was one I saw in the sun (perhaps slightly overcast) with a decent coating of dust/dirt on it...the car looked PINK in that light! I remember trying to justify it that day to my wife...she was NOT a fan (she has a bright red SUV).

The real question is "Would I do the red again?" As it turns out, I like it so much, I am having a hard time considering anything else. If I get a 3 and keep the S then I may consider the blue for the 3. If I give up the S, man...the red becomes much more compelling. In short, ZERO regrets on getting the red from both me and my wife 18 months later.

As an aside, part of the challenge I have with the blue is that under cloudy or shady conditions, even it can darken enough that you don't immediately recognize it is blue. In any decent light, I think it looks great though. The OLD midnight blue was so dark..it just looked black most of the time.

Reactions: GDNTX
Yes, I agonized over the red before I bought my Model S. I typically prefer BRIGHT reds and hate maroons, burgundys, etc. I eventually found enough examples in the wild (even went over to one owners house to see a "clean" one in natural light) that I decided to go with it. The most unusual version of the red was one I saw in the sun (perhaps slightly overcast) with a decent coating of dust/dirt on it...the car looked PINK in that light! I remember trying to justify it that day to my wife...she was NOT a fan (she has a bright red SUV).

The real question is "Would I do the red again?" As it turns out, I like it so much, I am having a hard time considering anything else. If I get a 3 and keep the S then I may consider the blue for the 3. If I give up the S, man...the red becomes much more compelling. In short, ZERO regrets on getting the red from both me and my wife 18 months later.

As an aside, part of the challenge I have with the blue is that under cloudy or shady conditions, even it can darken enough that you don't immediately recognize it is blue. In any decent light, I think it looks great though. The OLD midnight blue was so dark..it just looked black most of the time.

Birds eye view of four red Teslas mixed with others. The two M3’s are blue and red and are on the far left in the first picture. The red one is actually next to a signature red MS, which looks very marroon next to a red M3. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• FCB97988-A5BB-4FA2-AB20-3F079A50FAB8.jpeg
    FCB97988-A5BB-4FA2-AB20-3F079A50FAB8.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 62
  • B8965FA7-1127-494B-96DC-ED5411DC44AF.jpeg
    B8965FA7-1127-494B-96DC-ED5411DC44AF.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Dr. J
Swung by Dallas SC hoping to see my Model 3.
No luck. But did see about 4 in the parking lots,
Also new delivers were on going with black - 19, red - 19 about to be delivered.
Here's what in the parking lots:
White - 8711
White - 8175 - 19"
Black - 6633 Aero
MSM - 6812 Aero

One of the Dallas SC employee-owned Model 3 has aftermarket
bronze wheels. Either 19 or 20". The car is Black with Bronze wheels,
Interesting color combo,

M3 w:bronze wheels..jpg

Swung by Dallas SC hoping to see my Model 3.
No luck. But did see about 4 in the parking lots,
Also new delivers were on going with black - 19, red - 19 about to be delivered.
Here's what in the parking lots:
White - 8711
White - 8175 - 19"
Black - 6633 Aero
MSM - 6812 Aero

One of the Dallas SC employee-owned Model 3 has aftermarket
bronze wheels. Either 19 or 20". The car is Black with Bronze wheels,
Interesting color combo,

View attachment 288913
Thanks for posting those - I think people here like them, DO NOT post them on the North Texas Texas Facebook page if you are in that group, they will skewer you. It's a different attitude over there.

@ummgood If you want to come up north a bit, I'll let you check mine out over lunch. I just can't bring myself to drive downtown for any reason.

That would be great! Even though I now configured and can't back out without some serious financial loss I would still love to see it! The question is when/where would work for you? I am pretty busy next week but maybe the week after? Plus maybe you'll have your car by then ;) I'll PM you.

Your avatar is perfect! :D

Thanks it pretty much sums up my mentality.

Second one had the full black-out treatment on all the chrome (window trim, door handles, etc.).

Yeah I want to know who did the work. When I originally was going to get midnight silver I was going to black out the chrome. But now that I am getting silver metallic the chrome doesn't bug me as much.

It's hard to tell why I got the invite if others in front did not. I confirmed with my coworker that he, too, received the invite. I don't know how many drove up from San Antonio to reserve in Austin but I wonder if that was why Austin's line was so long? Austin had to cover all of south and central Texas for in store reservations. I guess it does make sense to "bump" people in line if they have a truck going to San Antonio and want to make sure it is actually full and not just a couple cars. Keep refreshing!!!!

That makes a lot of sense. I am always amazed that other people saying that their store had the line gone by noon or so. I know when I left the Austin store at 11:15 the line was still insanely long. Probably still around 400 people. I know it took over 1 hour just to get through the first 100 people after they opened.

I think you got bumped because if you waited in line in Austin then they'll deliver your car in S.A. and you jumped in front of the people who are waiting to configure and will take delivery in Austin.

Just curious what their objection is? Posting the VINs?
It is personal and I respect it, but it's not like here where there is serious analysis going on and people want to know. They don't like others seeing their potential car delivered before they would get to see it and know it's on the ground at the SC. I just figure if that is the case then their ISA or SC isn't doing their job, but they didn't like it when I shared information, so I respect it and will further the discussions here.