Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have 2018.10.5 yet? Seems like tons of people have gotten it in the last day or so, but have not seen anyone in Texas say they got it. Wondering if the roll out is geographically based.
Got it today. It showed up the second my Homelink opened the garage-almost as if it were triggered by it. Anywho, the AP updates are legit, as others have alluded to. I was previously on 10.1, so I already had rear seat heating controls, etc.

Got it today. It showed up the second my Homelink opened the garage-almost as if it were triggered by it. Anywho, the AP updates are legit, as others have alluded to. I was previously on 10.1, so I already had rear seat heating controls, etc.

So odd as I got mine last night as well. Maybe it is geographically triggered?

We were just talking about it and BAM! Update ready to go.

Taking a little getting used to for the unlocking process now as the mirrors folding was my sign it was unlocked. Now I have to pull the handle and hope it is actually unlocked which hasn't happened one or two times.

So odd as I got mine last night as well. Maybe it is geographically triggered?

We were just talking about it and BAM! Update ready to go.

Taking a little getting used to for the unlocking process now as the mirrors folding was my sign it was unlocked. Now I have to pull the handle and hope it is actually unlocked which hasn't happened one or two times.
Yeah. I was mostly used to it by now since I had 10.1. I have not encountered a situation yet where it didn't work and is much more reliable for me than the previous versions.

Hey fellow Texas Model 3'ers. What are you guys rates for insurance? Farmers just came back to me with a quote of $2,700 / 6 months based on a 2014 Model S they found (since they couldn't find a Model 3 to base off of)... There's no way Model 3 rates should be that high.

Yes, I know it's based on a slew of factors and coverage, but we're talking full coverage, clean record ballparking here.

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
Hey fellow Texas Model 3'ers. What are you guys rates for insurance? Farmers just came back to me with a quote of $2,700 / 6 months based on a 2014 Model S they found (since they couldn't find a Model 3 to base off of)... There's no way Model 3 rates should be that high.

Yes, I know it's based on a slew of factors and coverage, but we're talking full coverage, clean record ballparking here.

I ended up ditching Geico (who has been cheap and great for several years) to go back to Progressive (who I had been with for years before that) due to the Model 3 quotes. Progressive came in at ~$920 for 6 months on a policy for the Model 3 plus a 2011 Dodge RAM 2500.

Also, quick note - got mine delivered yesterday... its been amazing, but too busy to post detailed thoughts yet. Do make sure you ask about your scale model if you were a line waiter though; they forgot to put my 'surprise' in the car before delivery. Good thing it wasn't a surprise to me :)

• Informative
I got many quotes, but Progressive ended up being considerably cheaper than GEICO, who I'm still with right now. Add that to the many horror stories with GEICO and Teslas, as soon as I get my 3, I'll be switching.

Progressive quoted me a bit over $1,000 for 6 months whereas GEICO quoted around $1,400. This is for two cars and higher than normal coverage limits.

Every other quote was nearly double Progressive's. The Tesla insurance (through Liberty Mutual) was the worst of them all at nearly 3x.

• Informative

Our Teslas are $400 - $500 each per 6 months with USAA with all possible discounts, premier driver, etc. The 2013 60 is somehow more expensive than the 2012 P85 or the 3.

• Informative
Anyone have 2018.10.5 yet? Seems like tons of people have gotten it in the last day or so, but have not seen anyone in Texas say they got it. Wondering if the roll out is geographically based.

I received a notice last night that an update is available. The car being wrapped right now so I can't do anything. I'm not sure how it works with the 3, do updates install automatically if I do nothing or must I gesture somehow to accept the update before it will install?

I received a notice last night that an update is available. The car being wrapped right now so I can't do anything. I'm not sure how it works with the 3, do updates install automatically if I do nothing or must I gesture somehow to accept the update before it will install?

You have to accept the update (because it makes the car totally unusable for ~45 minutes). Mine was delivered with 10.4, but 10.5 was already pending install, so I installed shortly after my trip home from the service center and before I did some lengthier test drives last night :)