Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, would anyone be interested in an unused pre-cut PPF kit for the Model 3? I bought a kit, but changed my mind on doing the work myself and now I'm stuck with this kit I won't use and can't return.

I'd rather not have to ship it so I'm asking here to see if anyone in Dallas or Austin would be interested in buying it off me. I'll be able to bring it almost anywhere in Dallas any time or in Austin this coming weekend.

The film is 3M Scotchguard Pro for most pieces. A couple pieces might just be regular Scotchguard from RPM Tesla, but most should be Pro.

I have the following pieces. 1 through 6 are part of a kit that can't be separated.
  1. Partial hood (curved cut)
  2. Partial fenders
  3. A pillars
  4. Rocker panels + partial doors (without textured paint, one rocker panel has a tiny wrinkle in it)
  5. Front bumper (whole, has sensor cutouts)
  6. Rear bumper (just the bit along trunk, not RPM Tesla's)
  7. Door handles (RPM Tesla)
  8. Front door sills (RPM Tesla)
  9. Back door sills (RPM Tesla)
  10. 6" * 60" strip of Scotchguard (not Pro)
PM me I guess if you're interested or want more info. I'll probably open up a thread in the for sale section if I don't get any interest here.

Last edited:
Did yalls ISA by any chance give you a heads up when your car was loaded onto a truck/train for shipment? Last I heard "I will work with the team to get your vehicle in motion to Texas."

Getting anxious! Dont want to bug my ISA (Chris W) just yet

Did yalls ISA by any chance give you a heads up when your car was loaded onto a truck/train for shipment? Last I heard "I will work with the team to get your vehicle in motion to Texas."

Chris was my ISA too. I didn’t hear when the truck was moving, but Chris got back with me shortly after they had the payment to start scheduling the delivery date. My car ended up getting in earlier too (and those calls came from the service center when the car arrived).

• Informative
Reactions: dm 72468
Chris was my ISA too. I didn’t hear when the truck was moving, but Chris got back with me shortly after they had the payment to start scheduling the delivery date. My car ended up getting in earlier too (and those calls came from the service center when the car arrived).
Thanks for the reply. This is what I suspected. Here is to hoping, but not expecting, to pull delivery in a few days.

Think once the payment is made, and delivery is scheduled - there's more information to be had from the folks at the SC than the ISA. Or probably are more likely to share it with you. :D

When I called the Dallas SC, they asked for a phone number tied to the account, and after a couple of minutes on hold - they were able to tell me that the car was being held in a staging area with other cars headed to the same SC, and the expected date of arrival. I asked if they could put in a note about not installing the front plate, and no detailing and that was done as well.

• Informative
Reactions: GDNTX and darrelld
I seem to be held up by RBFCU sending the loan check to Tesla.

Just got of the phone with RBFCU and it seems my ISA, Jenifer, has not provided them with an updated Motor Vehicle Purchase agreement showing the amount I have paid in cash against the balance. RBCFU tried to contact her with the information she provided in an email but her voicemail is full, same results I have experienced with each contact.

My Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement in my Tesla Portal does not reflect the cash paid against the original balance either.

Similar to the story above, I just talked to my delivery SC in North Houston and the rep was able to "poke" my car to see where it was. Neat, but i guess I should not be surprised they can do this.

He said it had been at the California storage lot for Texas cars about 18 hours and currently "shopping for a truck" to make the trip. So this confirms they are trucked over and not put in a box car. I guess the trip to Houston/Austin would probably take 2-3 days (ive done it myself before actually). So for all of you other TX deliveries, get your payment in so they can finish filling our truck!

That's unfortunate. My ISA (Patrick) was outstanding. He wasn't really contactable by phone, but emails were almost like instant messages for me. Super helpful and responsive.

I had Brett for my Model S, just as you described.

Jenifer on the other hand does not respond to emails at all.
Phone calls never answered and go to voice mail that says its full and you can't leave any message.
RBCFU had the same problem when trying to get an updated Purchase Agreement to finish my loan.
I paid half down and I could not even get an updated Purchase Agreement with the down payment deducted.
VIN was only obtained by calling the general Tesla sales number.
Purchase Agreement was only updated after calling the general Tesla sales number and an employee sent an internal message to Jenifer.
My Tesla Portal still has no Model 3 VIN number or ability to post any of the docs from my bank.

I had Brett for my Model S, just as you described.

Jenifer on the other hand does not respond to emails at all.
Phone calls never answered and go to voice mail that says its full and you can't leave any message.
RBCFU had the same problem when trying to get an updated Purchase Agreement to finish my loan.
I paid half down and I could not even get an updated Purchase Agreement with the down payment deducted.
VIN was only obtained by calling the general Tesla sales number.
Purchase Agreement was only updated after calling the general Tesla sales number and an employee sent an internal message to Jenifer.
My Tesla Portal still has no Model 3 VIN number or ability to post any of the docs from my bank.
This is interesting, maybe RBFCU is just picky who provides the MVPA to them, but once both of us signed it and it was then singed by the manager at Tesla an official copy was emailed right back to me by the system. It has verified signatures in it. I forwarded that myself to my CU and they took it, no questions asked. Did you try just sending the signed copy that came back to you to RBFCU?

This is interesting, maybe RBFCU is just picky who provides the MVPA to them, but once both of us signed it and it was then singed by the manager at Tesla an official copy was emailed right back to me by the system. It has verified signatures in it. I forwarded that myself to my CU and they took it, no questions asked. Did you try just sending the signed copy that came back to you to RBFCU?

Jenifer did get the MVPA to RBFCU, I only found this out by calling RBFCU directly. Never was copied on any email from Jenifer.

I thought the lack of response was due to M3 demand but from what others have described it seems to be just my ISA.

I hope others aren't having similar experiences and think this is way Tesla normally does business.

Jenifer did get the MVPA to RBFCU, I only found this out by calling RBFCU directly. Never was copied on any email from Jenifer.

I thought the lack of response was due to M3 demand but from what others have described it seems to be just my ISA.

I hope others aren't having similar experiences and think this is way Tesla normally does business.
Hopefully the underperforming ISAs won’t hang around too long.