Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Texas hold up is over!!!

Fiiinally took delivery today. The wait is over, sleep can resume normally
Went pretty smoothly, my experience here:
VIN Assignment

Need to get toll tags. I love that over half of the toll tag places to pick up the tags are on toll roads... its a trap!

• Funny
Reactions: SP_H
My coworker who only reserved in December 2016 and ordered just a few days ago got his VIN today (edit link is gone and called to confirm). He was told by the representative that they would be contacting him over the next week and they usually try and contact when the car is a week or so out. Looking back at my delivery, they contacted me about 9 days prior to my car arriving in Dallas, so I believe this information to be correct.

I have another friend from Seattle, WA who reserved in December 2017 and might have also gotten his VIN (edit link is gone but hasn't called to confirm). I think the floodgates are open for real.

Received a phone call and email from Christopher Barnbeck,Tesla ISA in Las Vegas, on Tuesday 7/3 announcing our Model 3 is ready. So glad it's not Jenifer after reading this thread. Financing through RBFCU thanks to the comments on this forum. Answered the questions he had and at his request sent a pre-approval letter from RBFCU. Waiting for the next step in the process.

I am glad she at least does her job with some of Tesla's customers.

I had to call Customer Support who got me through to sales to schedule my Model 3 delivery. Never got a response from Jenifer after I confirmed her original proposed delivery date literally within minutes through gmail. I confirmed through sales that Jenifer never did schedule my delivery on the date she originally proposed. Sales confirmed a new delivery date for me.

I am curious, have you ever gotten past her full voice mailbox?

Never got past her voicemail.
I requested she call me once and within an hour she called and I explained some stuff, which didn’t help and still needed to send additional emails to get my problem resolved.

My bank sent the check to tesla Saturday. I as expecting Monday delivery. Nothing Monday.

I talked to both Jenifer and my bank. I got a tracking number and sent it to her. She said she would keep an eye out and email me the second she had it.

So Tuesday, it’s in Las Vegas. I’m waiting all day for an email saying it was delivered. Nothing.
I check Wednesday and it’s in Tennessee. .

It left Tennessee again this morning and was delivered this morning. Waiting to hear from Jenifer now.

My checks path according to FedEx.
Dallas -> Memphis-> Las Vegas -> Memphis -> Las Vegas -> Delivered.

Not the hold up I was expecting. Overall it just seems like I’ve had the worst luck. We’ll see when I can actually get delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
New issue in dealing with Jenifer Strom, I sent her an email 2 weeks ago specifically asking that another person in my immediate family be placed as primary owner of the model 3. Just got off the phone with Tesla general support to confirm this and it never happened.

Now trying to get in touch with someone at Tesla to make this happen prior to delivery.
Anyone have any suggestions?

New issue in dealing with Jenifer Strom, I sent her an email 2 weeks ago specifically asking that another person in my immediate family be placed as primary owner of the model 3. Just got off the phone with Tesla general support to confirm this and it never happened.

Now trying to get in touch with someone at Tesla to make this happen prior to delivery.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Try an email. In the subject. Just put “please call me ASAP” I did this once and it worked.

The only way I was able to get a delivery date confirmed was to go through Tesla general sales. They confirmed a delivery date while I was on the phone. Delivery date then appeared in my Tesla portal the next day.

Delivery date is 7/18 at Dallas SC.

What’s the number for Tesla general sales?
(888) 518-3752?
You basically just said the check/payment has been made and we’re wondering about your delivery date?

365A13F6-BA58-464A-8445-7699FA23C124.jpeg 0C56F817-7F1E-443A-A0EC-3FFACF17E4C0.jpeg Finally got around to powder coating my 19” sport wheels. Here’s a couple of pictures showing both Pearl White 3 and glossy black Wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: darrelld
I received an email from Devon Watlington,Tesla "Inside Delivery Advisor" (Las Vegas) today (7/11/18) stating he will be guiding me thru the delivery process and requesting confirmation on a few of my order details. He stated that my estimated delivery would be 14 days after Tesla receives full funding and the contract is signed. No mention of the VIN being assigned.

I (of course) responded quickly to his email.

Waiting for the next step in the process.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
So I spent an hour on hold with the 888 number, inquired if I had been assigned a VIN and the gentleman on the phone was very helpful. Checked and I had been assigned one and provided me the whole number. Said that he was making a note on my reservation and that I should be contacted by an ISA shortly. My wife is more than ready!

TLDR - I've seen a lot of people going through RBFCU but couldn't get back far enough to find the reason why. I was quoted a 2.35% interest rate by UFCU but maybe I'm missing something that RBFCU offers that I should double check on?

I also have Jenifer, she has been OK so far. I'm actually HOPING to get my payment and delivery delayed as long as possible because my car is ready and I have a VIN (30xxx) but I'm not back in Austin until August 18th so hopefully she causes some delays haha.

Also, can someone explain how the taxes work? I was always under the impression that we would be paying Texas state tax, but it looks like the calculations for my "final payment" are California?

Looking forward to seeing our Texas fleet of M3's!

RBFCU used to have one of the lowest rates around. Now, they aren't as competitive.

Tesla pays the taxes on your behalf. The final number they give you includes taxes and fees. Why not try and confirm this with your ISA if you're trying to delay things?

RBFCU used to have one of the lowest rates around. Now, they aren't as competitive.

Tesla pays the taxes on your behalf. The final number they give you includes taxes and fees. Why not try and confirm this with your ISA if you're trying to delay things?

Got it, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything with RBFCU other than interest rate.

I figured this thread would know about taxes more than a below average ISA agent... I can also ask her as well. Thanks!