Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just got an email from our ISA that our new appointment date has been pushed till September 1! They told me my car shipped last week? And now it’s apparently stuck in Oklahoma. This frustrates me because we live two hours from the SC and we both had to take days off. I know I’m not the only one who has experienced this but they really need to their crap in order.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SleepingLesson
No one specifically mentioned Oklahoma, but I had been lead to believe by one conversation I had when I called the SC that the car was shipped by rail to the Dallas area then trucked to Houston. But I've also been told at various times that the car was on a lot on August 9th and left California on a train on that same date. Not sure both statements could be true.

Since I basically "own" this car it would be nice for it to ping me daily and tell me where it's at. A "Find my Tesla" app. right now would eliminate our fears, or increase our frustration.

So we r in the same boat too ! Our initial delivery date was Aug 4th in Pond spring Austin . And the only thing we hear is that the car is in Oklahoma . Extremely frustrated with the attitude of our ISA . According to her , she is doing everything . Second EMI coming next week for us , without even having the glimpse of the car. Called both the Austin Delivery center as well as ISA yesterday and the answer is the same . Our delivery date has been rescheduled for the third time today and has now moved to another 10 days further

I posted this in the other thread too, but figured I'd bump the Texas thread.

Long time lurker, finally have something worth posting.
Reserved in line 3/31/16
Invited to order 4/6/18
Waited for AWD and placed order 6/27/18
Changed to white interior 7/28/18
IDA email 8/20/18. Pretty responsive so far. Getting my financing in order. VIN 96xxx
White/White/LR/AWD/18"

Planning on Dallas delivery.

Reactions: LonestarV
No one specifically mentioned Oklahoma, but I had been lead to believe by one conversation I had when I called the SC that the car was shipped by rail to the Dallas area then trucked to Houston. But I've also been told at various times that the car was on a lot on August 9th and left California on a train on that same date. Not sure both statements could be true.

Since I basically "own" this car it would be nice for it to ping me daily and tell me where it's at. A "Find my Tesla" app. right now would eliminate our fears, or increase our frustration.
Just checked my Tesla portal and noticed my VIN is gone. Does yours still show? Ours is in the 34xxx so I’m starting to wonder if there are issues with the car and it’s never really left California.

Alright now I'm challenged to sort out how cars get from CA to Texas since we all appear to be getting different information depending who we talk to about our deliveries.

Following advice I stumbled upon on a different forum I entered my VIN on this site: Delivery Receipts - United Road.

It provided me with the delivery receipt for my car from Tesla's Freemont factory to LNR Auto Transport located at 500 East Louise Avenue, Lathrop, CA 95330. My car was delivered at 4:12 AM on August 2nd. While there is a rail spur at this location it is not configured for loading cars onto railroad auto carrier cars.

I found information on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/lnr-services-llc/ which collaborates the Lathrop location as an outbound hub. It also lists its LNR's home office as Wylie, TX, just NE of Dallas. Makes sense, given some of the information that I had been provided earlier (i.e. arrival in the Dallas area before being shipped to Houston). However no current proof of a connection to cars spending unreasonable amounts of time in Oklahoma sitting on a train.

I'm wondering if LNR is a common connection to all Texas bound Teslas and if others on this thread could use the United Road link to establish the validity of that theory. You will at least get to see when your car left the factory and maybe together we can piece together their route to Texas.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Just checked my Tesla portal and noticed my VIN is gone. Does yours still show? Ours is in the 34xxx so I’m starting to wonder if there are issues with the car and it’s never really left California.
My VIN's gone too but my MPVA is still there with the same VIN as before. My guess is that the web page is continuing to be "refined".

What was more disconcerting was the two "Re:Cancellation" emails I got before 7:30 this morning from Tesla Customer Support. After a rather frantic phone call I was assured nothing was canceled, but no one could provide an explanation for the email.

This afternoon I did get a followup email from my ISA confirming payment and stating that "we do in fact have your check as previously confirmed and it will be processed in accordance with our delivery process."

Wouldn't it be nice if a detailed "Delivery Process" document and an anticipated timeline was provided to every Texas Buyer?

Alright now I'm challenged to sort out how cars get from CA to Texas since we all appear to be getting different information depending who we talk to about our deliveries.

Following advice I stumbled upon on a different forum I entered my VIN on this site: Delivery Receipts - United Road.

It provided me with the delivery receipt from Tesla's Freemont factory to LNR Auto Transport located at 500 East Louise Avenue, Lathrop, CA 95330. My car was delivered at 4:12 AM on August 2nd. While there is a rail spur at this location it is not configured for loading cars onto railroad auto carrier cars.

I found information on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/lnr-services-llc/ which collaborates the Lathrop location as an outbound hub. It also lists its LNR's home office as Wylie, TX, just NE of Dallas. Makes sense, given some of the information that I had been provided earlier (i.e. arrival in the Dallas area before being shipped to Houston). However no current proof of a connection to cars spending unreasonable amounts of time in Oklahoma sitting on a train.

I'm wondering if LNR is a common connection to all Texas bound Teslas and if others on this thread could use the United Road link to establish the validity of that theory. You will at least get to see when your car left the factory and maybe together we can piece together their route to Texas.
So I checked this out and the manifest shows ours and eight others have an origin of Illinois? The destination was Oklahoma City and that it arrived on the 10th.

My VIN's gone too but my MPVA is still there with the same VIN as before. My guess is that the web page is continuing to be "refined".

What was more disconcerting was the two "Re:Cancellation" emails I got before 7:30 this morning from Tesla Customer Support. After a rather frantic phone call I was assured nothing was canceled, but no one could provide an explanation for the email.

This afternoon I did get a followup email from my ISA confirming payment and stating that "we do in fact have your check as previously confirmed and it will be processed in accordance with our delivery process."

Wouldn't it be nice if a detailed "Delivery Process" document and an anticipated timeline was provided to every Texas Buyer?

hmerrill3 I feel bad that you are still in the lurch waiting for your M3! If you can get to SW Houston I would be happy to have you take mine for a spin to get your “Tesla fix”.....I am looking for reasons to take it for a ride!

BTW - I noticed that any Tesla person you talk to on the phone can access your Tesla account and “make changes” that do weird things like make your VIN disappear even if they are just changing your delivery date!