Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/9/2016 Deposit 1
6/19/2018 Available @ Tesla Fremont Site
6/20/2018 Delivered to Tesla Richmond Site
6/28/2018 Deposit 2 + Configure
7/3/2018 Full Payment
7/26/2018 Call Stating Delay (no reason given)
7/27/2018 Delivery Date 1
8/13/2018 Email Stating Delay (no reason given)
8/14/2018 Delivery Date 2
8/14/2018Customer Service Escalated to Delivery/Customer Service Managers (no call backs)
8/16/2018Customer Service Escalated to Customer Service/Delivery Center Managers (no call backs)
8/17/2018Desiree @ Customer Service Case# 04613926 Delivery Manager will call today (Told delivery would be 8/20,21)
8/22/2018 Emailed ISA. Called Service Center.
8/28/2018 Delivery Date 3
50 Days since Paid in Full
63 Days since built

still waiting and no information

Sorry, I don't buy a scenario where they would ship re-work vehicles away from the location the parts are located. When the vehicles come off the line logically they would be divided with rework vehicles going to different lots on site than those going directly to delivery.

More plausible is a scenario where they positioned vehicle stock either on lots or on rail cars in various hub locations across the country then matched them to buyers. They would then have to group sufficient numbers of vehicles to fill an auto transport or rail car going to a specific end destination. Delays could be the result of them trying to collect enough cars at a distribution hub to send to a destination. Texas complicates matters if one assumes that they wouldn't stage cars in a state the can't sell in.

Either way could be a possibility. If the rework consists of body work that could be done anywhere. My car was repainted in the back which could have been done at any available paint shop.

So.. I managed to sign myself up for delivery notices when United Road delivers Teslas to North Houston :)

9 more Model 3's just got delivered at 11:12 today directly from Lathrop, CA. If someone has an objection to the following posting of VINs let me know.. here you go:

model3s-82218.PNG

8 single and one dual motor

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Edited the post above
Thanks, but I'm not a winner.:mad:
All the VINs are higher than mine. Maybe the Logistical issues have to do with LNR and now Tesla is just having United Road handle the entire shipment.

Please send me a message with instructions on how you signed up for the United Road notifications for deliveries to N Houston SC.

Last edited:
Reactions: jprac80
Huh, I'm 48064 if you're able to find out more. Of course, mine would not be going to N Houston, rather to Austin Pond Springs.

If you can't, no worries. I am just curious where the car's been since August 9th. That was weeks ago and I just got my VIN last week. So it's bound to be somewhere that's not CA.

Huh, I'm 48064 if you're able to find out more. Of course, mine would not be going to N Houston, rather to Austin Pond Springs.

If you can't, no worries. I am just curious where the car's been since August 9th. That was weeks ago and I just got my VIN last week. So it's bound to be somewhere that's not CA.
This is the only entry related to your car.

Attachments

• 68167B12-7F5C-427F-96C9-BBE40547A408.jpeg
    68167B12-7F5C-427F-96C9-BBE40547A408.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 48
Howdy ya’ll.. or is it y’all??

Yes, it shows up like that on my account. :)

Anyways, that previous rant actually relieved some stress. After some self-reflection, I figured I waited almost 2 and a half years, what’s another 3 weeks? My feelings toward the whole process still stands though.

They really need to either hire more people, or overhaul the whole process. The current system is basically a lottery. You can get someone great, or someone who rarely returns your calls and emails. Just look at the previous pages on this thread and you’ll see just how drastic the variation of peoples’ experiences are.

Maybe instead of being tied to one specific ISA from beginning to end, just make it like an assembly line where you work with someone specializing in one specific area and then move on to the next (i.e. trade-ins, document signing, financing/purchasing, deliveries).

I’m sure those ISAs are probably being overworked. I read somewhere on these forums or maybe r/TeslaMotors that each ISA is actively working with about 60 people simultaneously which explains their oversight with my MVPA that caused the delay.

I’m not asking to be treated like royalty here. I’m just saying there definitely needs to be more accountability for slow-responding ISAs, especially considering they’re essentially your gatekeeper to your vehicle.

On a side note, for the heck of it I decided to call my local delivery center, Austin Pond Springs. After asking for my VIN, the guy said that the car would most likely be delivered by the end of the month and if it did, I’d be able to schedule an earlier delivery with them.

Any Chance you could tell me who you spoke with at Pond Springs? I have tried calling about my scheduled delivery and was told that they have no information on deliveries and transferred to sales...Thanks,

Any Chance you could tell me who you spoke with at Pond Springs? I have tried calling about my scheduled delivery and was told that they have no information on deliveries and transferred to sales...Thanks,
Hmm, what number are you calling? I've never had an issue when calling the 737 number. I've spoken to Dylan every time and he never hesitates to look up delivery info.

Reactions: tread
If your TX bound car has been transported by rail and is stuck in OK this is likely where it is at.
Tesla
7217 South Air Depot Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73135
View attachment 327789
Thanks to @Charlesc83 who provided the info required to find this.
I too am waiting on my 3 VIN 34296 from Oklahoma picking up in Dallas Cedar Springs. Got the ole "rail hub" reasoning for delay. Car arrived in "north texas" on 8/15 and delivery on 8/21 was delayed. No news so far.

I do live close to this location on Air Depot in OKC. Think they will let me walk around the lot and check for my VIN?

Hmm, what number are you calling? I've never had an issue when calling the 737 number. I've spoken to Dylan every time and he never hesitates to look up delivery info.
Well shoot, looks like I have been calling the wrong number I will try the 737. I am supposed to get my 3 on the 28th but haven't spoken with my ISA in weeks and am super nervous about it being delayed.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Have any of my fellow delayed folks who have been told their car is in Oklahoma had their VIN disappear from their account? It really worries me; I don't feel like I'm being told the truth at any point in this process.
I shouldn't find this funny but it is. I am in Oklahoma being told my car is in North Texas somewhere to be picked up in Texas and you guys are in Texas being told your car is in Oklahoma somewhere.

• Funny
Have any of my fellow delayed folks who have been told their car is in Oklahoma had their VIN disappear from their account? It really worries me; I don't feel like I'm being told the truth at any point in this process.
Yup mine disappeared right after they rescheduled my delivery, but it still shows the same one on my MVPA when I click the link. But I agree it seem like a lot of the earlier VINs are having this "delay issue".

My scheduled delivery is Aug 25. About a week ago when I called Austin/Pond Springs, they told me it was 5-6 hours away (so I'm assuming Limbo, Oklahoma). Now, when I call them to confirm my date, Pond Springs "don't have any visibility" and refer me to my delivery advisor. My delivery advisor hasn't gotten back to me. Called Pond Springs again and they say they'll ask someone else in Vegas to get back. Let's see what they say, if they do.

My VIN is not showing as ever having been in the United Road system, which is not helping my sense of well-being.

Big ups to the amazing detective work this thread is doing, though.

• Informative
Also, it sounds like the Texas Reps are slammed with folks trying to get their vehicles. What do they expect when you fork over a bunch of money for a car that you can't even drive. The least Tesla could do would be to put more reps on the phone for Texas so we are not all left hanging in the dark.

I too am waiting on my 3 VIN 34296 from Oklahoma picking up in Dallas Cedar Springs. Got the ole "rail hub" reasoning for delay. Car arrived in "north texas" on 8/15 and delivery on 8/21 was delayed. No news so far.

I do live close to this location on Air Depot in OKC. Think they will let me walk around the lot and check for my VIN?

I told my wife I'd drive to OKC and see if my car was there!

• Funny
Reactions: jprac80