Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this thread and I'm discouraged. Order 4/16 and fully funded on 8/6. Got the email from Jarrett to schedule a tentative pickup of 8/21 from the Dallas Service Center. Rescheduled for 8/24 (today) only to be told it still wasn't there. I'm told it's a logistics problem and that my car is in the Texas Rail Hub and is just waiting transport to the Texas Service Center on Cedar Springs Road. Now I'm waiting on a new delivery date. Has anyone gotten their car recently? I sold my other car yesterday so this is getting bad.

And that is order of April 2016.

I would like to know if anyone in Texas has placed an order in July or August and has received their car.

I've emailed Electrek with some information and links on these issues in Texas, but I don't know that it's something they would cover.

I placed mine on June 30, but updated my order (color and wheel change) on July 1. Got car yesterday. Pretty sure some others who placed in July have received their cars. Not sure about August though.

I feel like we're exaggerating the issues here. There's, what, 10-20 people posting in this thread about their delays? People who aren't experiencing problems aren't really looking for threads like this to complain in. There are many more who just aren't on the forums at all. I mean, obviously, the only way to know for sure is by staking out in front of these delivery centers to see how many they're making each day. By reading this thread it makes you feel like there's about 2 deliveries per center per day. I find it hard to believe that's actually how it is

I feel like we're exaggerating the issues here. There's, what, 10-20 people posting in this thread about their delays? People who aren't experiencing problems aren't really looking for threads like this to complain in. There are many more who just aren't on the forums at all. I mean, obviously, the only way to know for sure is by staking out in front of these delivery centers to see how many they're making each day. By reading this thread it makes you feel like there's about 2 deliveries per center per day. I find it hard to believe that's actually how it is
You are probably right. However, for those of us delayed, some of us more than once, it is really hard to stomach. I mean we forked over a lot money for our vehicles it would be nice if we felt like we were getting honest answers regarding their locations. Yes, I was hoping someone who actually picked up a vehicle in Austin could share their VIN so we could see how many shipments that location is getting each week.

Also, the majority of buyers are not posting on Tesla forums. If there are this many people having issues on here, there are far more than that having similar issues.

I'm now over 40 days fully paid with no delivery date in sight. This is not normal and it is not acceptable.
@SleepingLesson since you are paying interest on your loan it is my understanding that you can ask Tesla for compensation for your extremely late delivery?

Just saw this thread and I'm discouraged. Order 4/16 and fully funded on 8/6. Got the email from Jarrett to schedule a tentative pickup of 8/21 from the Dallas Service Center. Rescheduled for 8/24 (today) only to be told it still wasn't there. I'm told it's a logistics problem and that my car is in the Texas Rail Hub and is just waiting transport to the Texas Service Center on Cedar Springs Road. Now I'm waiting on a new delivery date. Has anyone gotten their car recently? I sold my other car yesterday so this is getting bad.

Our cars must be on the same rail car. Mine was cancelled for delivey today on Wednesday after I called the Cedar Springs delivery center and they told me it was waiting for the truck to bring it to them.

I think most of us are just a little agitated at the lack of honesty on Tesla’s part. I get things happen especially in a situation like this. If they just said look we dropped the ball with the shipping of your car it’s going to be delayed I’d be totally fine with this. But when you start being vague or offering no explanation of where something I’ve paid you $50k + plus for is then yes it rubs me the wrong way.

For sure, I'm not trying to discredit how shitty your experiences have all been thus far. It ain't right. Having to pay for a car and start accruing interest on it weeks (or months) before delivery is ridiculous. Of course, much of that is our government's fault. But yes, overall, if we've paid for our car, there should be 100% transparency as to where it is in the process of getting to our local delivery centers, for sure. There's no reason not to.

In the same exact boat. (reserved 9/2016, Ordered on 6/29, funded on 8/6, 1st delivery attempt 8/21. Appt was at 3:30pm and was called about 5 hours from delivery. I have Jarrett too. I "spoke in a harsh manner" to him and his supervisor Kevin all morning on Tuesday. Spoke with several Dallas Cedar springs employees as well. Reed, Hillary, and one other guy. I also attempted to call other service center managers for more information. Spoke with several HQ phone center reps as well all of which pointed me back to Jarrett. Attempted to escalate with everyone until I got answers on my cars whereabouts. They are all on the same page about 1 thing. "don't tell the customers exactly what is going on and don't tell them exactly where their car is" I complained a lot about their lack of specific details and especially their standing me up on my delivery date. I did not get a 2nd delivery date as I instructed them to ensure my car was absolutely perfect and sitting in the showroom before contacting me again. I am also driving a rental car at their expense while I wait. I will be driving this rental car from OKC to Dallas to pick up my 3. They are on the hook and incurring the cost of delaying delivery.

For sure, I'm not trying to discredit how shitty your experiences have all been thus far. It ain't right. Having to pay for a car and start accruing interest on it weeks (or months) before delivery is ridiculous. Of course, much of that is our government's fault. But yes, overall, if we've paid for our car, there should be 100% transparency as to where it is in the process of getting to our local delivery centers, for sure. There's no reason not to.
In the same exact boat. (reserved 9/2016, Ordered on 6/29, funded on 8/6, 1st delivery attempt 8/21. I have Jarrett too. I "spoke in a harsh manner" to him and his supervisor Kevin all morning on Tuesday. Spoke with several Dallas Cedar springs employees as well. Reed, Hillary, and one other guy. Spoke with several HQ phone center reps as well all of which pointed me back to Jarrett. Attempted to escalate with everyone until I got answers on my cars whereabouts. They are all on the same page about 1 thing. "don't tell the customers exactly what is going on and don't tell them exactly where their car is" I complained a lot about their lack of specific details and especially their standing me up on my delivery date. I did not get a 2nd delivery date as I instructed them to ensure my car was absolutely perfect and sitting in the showroom before contacting me again. I am also driving a rental car at their expense while I wait. I will be driving this rental car from OKC to Dallas to pick up my 3. They are on the hook and incurring the cost of delaying delivery.

This seems like a really bad move on Tesla's part. Most people buying from Tesla believe in what they are doing and are generally their biggest fans. Why piss off loyal followers? They have plenty of folks that do not think highly of them as it is.

Reactions: louisTM3
@SleepingLesson since you are paying interest on your loan it is my understanding that you can ask Tesla for compensation for your extremely late delivery?
I absolutely expect some kind of compensation for this. My IDA did ask me for copies of my loan payments, so they at least have something in mind maybe.
My wife spoke to our ISA earlier and he said that it looks like the car is moving but no idea where it is. But it may be out of OKC, so ya that tells me everything.
Interesting! How long was yours in Oklahoma? I'm going to call now and see if mine has moved after three weeks of OK.

[EDIT]
Update: I called and my car is still in Oklahoma. It was not the usual guy that answers, and this dude did not seems stoked to have to tell another person that they had no update. I told him my original delivery date was August 4th and that surprised him.

Last edited:
Reactions: louisTM3 and amietk
I haven't been on the forum for a few days but thank you to whoever figured out/posted about the United Road tracking.

Here's my timeline minus the contract mess:

8/13 Paid for car
8/14 IDA confirms sets delivery for 8/31
8/24 (Today) Tracked VIN on United Road and the car arrived in Dallas on 8/21. No idea where the car started from but it got here in 7 days. Called IDA and she wanted to move delivery to tomorrow but I don't have the FedEx packag witht the temporary tags yet so she's supposed to be calling me back.

Maybe not useful info to anyone but the truck tracking feature helped me a lot and gave me some piece of mind (for now) that the car is at least in Dallas and will probably allow me to move up delivery a few days.

I haven't been on the forum for a few days but thank you to whoever figured out/posted about the United Road tracking.

Here's my timeline minus the contract mess:

8/13 Paid for car
8/14 IDA confirms sets delivery for 8/31
8/24 (Today) Tracked VIN on United Road and the car arrived in Dallas on 8/21. No idea where the car started from but it got here in 7 days. Called IDA and she wanted to move delivery to tomorrow but I don't have the FedEx packag witht the temporary tags yet so she's supposed to be calling me back.

Maybe not useful info to anyone but the truck tracking feature helped me a lot and gave me some piece of mind (for now) that the car is at least in Dallas and will probably allow me to move up delivery a few days.

@jprimav2 I am glad to hear your car is near! My timeline is almost exactly the same: paid 8/13, on 8/14 delivery date was set for 8/28 but yesterday my IDA rescheduled for 9/5. No sign of my VIN on the United Road site and am super anxious about dealing with extended delays. Fingers crossed my VIN pops up in the United Road site next week.