Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is tweeting at Elon about the Texas delays, include @TXAG in your tweet. Who knows, could help us gain some traction.
IMO, Not Helpful.
Texas Legislature and powerful entrenched Auto Sealership lobbyists at the reason we are having to pay up front. Further, not sure Paxton is in any way friendly towards helping facilitate a sustainable transportation future for Texas.

BTW I'm in full support of your letter to Tesla detailing the issues we as a group have faced, until the conspiracy theory was tossed in at the end.

I totally understand your frustration and absolutely want to make things change for those who follow us. It shouldn't be this hard, the information needed to keep us informed and happy during the delivery process is not that difficult to automate. If the Amazon, FedEx, UPS, and even the USPS can tell us where a package is, why can't the same be done for our cars?

IMO, Not Helpful.
Texas Legislature and powerful entrenched Auto Sealership lobbyists at the reason we are having to pay up front. Further, not sure Paxton is in any way friendly towards helping facilitate a sustainable transportation future for Texas.

BTW I'm in full support of your letter to Tesla detailing the issues we as a group have faced, until the conspiracy theory was tossed in at the end.

I totally understand your frustration and absolutely want to make things change for those who follow us. It shouldn't be this hard, the information needed to keep us informed and happy during the delivery process is not that difficult to automate. If the Amazon, FedEx, UPS, and even the USPS can tell us where a package is, why can't the same be done for our cars?
I did go back and forth on whether or not to include that part in my message to Tesla, but ultimately left it in to illustrate what happens when they do not communicate. It is completely within Tesla's power to prevent the spread of a false narrative in this case, and frankly I'm not convinced it isn't a possible explanation. I 100% do not believe this situation is as simple as "logistical issues."

• Disagree
Reactions: blecchus_rex
I think you could interpret "Logistical Issues" several ways:
  1. We lost track of your car & don't know where it is for sure (not sure how this would be possible with the car's GPS).
  2. We are in a dispute with one of our shipping companies and your car is in their possession.
  3. Our shipping company United Road has subcontracted with a different trucking company & they are having a dispute (see 2 above)
  4. Someone misdirected your car, it's on the wrong truck/train and is now in a location by itself, i.e. Oklahoma, we are waiting to collect enough vehicles there to make it economical to ship to your location.
With access to United Road data for all trucked shipments into Texas now, I find it curious for some vehicles I can see the delivery path from the factory to the SC. Other's, like mine, I can see only part of the path, then it goes cold. I suspect yours is the same.

I suspect Tesla is having issues with one of their contracted shippers. IMO, Elon needs to not worry about the shorts and bring focus to bear on issues that will ensure a continued and expanding loyal customer base. Communication, Delivery Logistics, Service and Customer Experience are key to that happening.

Reactions: jdirik and louisTM3
My VIN does not show up on the United Road data at all, whether I use the whole VIN or just the portion starting with J.

What I do not understand is how some Texas deliveries are happening just fine. If they're having an issue with a contracted shipper, then dump them and use another. There is no reasonable explanation for letting cars sit in a lot in Oklahoma for 3+ weeks.

Reactions: Charlesc83
I’ve been digging through United Road this morning, and I can see the truck that transported my car plus eight others from Illinois to Oklahoma City. The odd thing is that one truckload is the only one to ever goto that location in OKC. And it’s been MIA ever since then.
Can you pleawe share the vins of the other vehicles on that OKC truck? It would be great to see if anyone else on here has one of those.

Can you pleawe share the vins of the other vehicles on that OKC truck? It would be great to see if anyone else on here has one of those.
Sure no problem.

Attachments

• D4016CF1-ECCA-4E5E-B3B5-25C9FBACC319.jpeg
    D4016CF1-ECCA-4E5E-B3B5-25C9FBACC319.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 57
Since a co-worker told me he has a Delivery Advisor assigned (for his Performance model), I called to check status this afternoon and was told that I now have a Delivery Advisor as well - Jarret Mark.

They told me I should hear from him within about 2 weeks. I'm assigned for pickup at the Dallas SC.

Also - I saw my fist Model 3 in the wild late yesterday, westbound I-30 in west Fort Worth, MSM. A real eye-catcher!

Reactions: Charlesc83
Mark me down as another Austin delivery that's going to be delayed due to "logistics".

I had a delivery scheduled for 8/28, but as of Thursday my car hadn't moved from CA. On Friday, I called Pond Springs and they said it was "In Transit" but they didn't have any more info. My ISA emailed me later that day saying that the car won't be there for delivery on Tuesday and he doesn't want to provide a new delivery date because he can't be confident if it will be accurate.

Untied Road only has the one receipt from Fremont to Lanthrop so I guess that means my car is either on a train, or still soaking up the California sun :(

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Your posts definitely have me concerned. Sorry this has been so difficult for you and so many others here.
Cross your fingers that your car gets transported the entire route by United Road. When they don't have it appears things go missing.

Went to the N Houston SC this afternoon ('cause they wouldn't answer their phone). Cars came in today, but mine was not among them.

Delivery Advisor could only tell me her records show the car still in transit from Dallas. She also said that they get shipments from several haulers, not just United Road. She had no idea who else hauls into Houston. They are so siloed that the service dept receives the cars and the DA's don't know they arrived until it shows up on their computer. Sounds like the situation everywhere.

The service bays were all filled with long queues of new (dusty) incoming cars, with three of my exact configuration. Too back I couldn't just take one.

Cross your fingers that your car gets transported the entire route by United Road. When they don't have it appears things go missing.

Went to the N Houston SC this afternoon ('cause they wouldn't answer their phone). Cars came in today, but mine was not among them.

Delivery Advisor could only tell me her records show the car still in transit from Dallas. She also said that they get shipments from several haulers, not just United Road. She had no idea who else hauls into Houston. They are so siloed that the service dept receives the cars and the DA's don't know they arrived until it shows up on their computer. Sounds like the situation everywhere.

The service bays were all filled with long queues of new (dusty) incoming cars, with three of my exact configuration. Too back I couldn't just take one.
I saw two delivery receipts to Houston north that have early VINs (28xxx through upper 30xxx) so maybe this means some purgatory vehicles are making the way in.

Thanks, @hmerrill3. That happens not to be my VIN, though. To be more specific, I'm 0282xx. Not entirely sure why we'd not just share that complete info, but I guess a bad person could use it.

Big thanks to the Pond Springs VIN provider! Seems to me like there's a steady pump of Model 3s from CA directly to ATX. So us folks stuck in, I guess, OK, are literally out of the loop.

Hope this makes sense. Drinking heavily today.