Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this Mason guy can sort things out. I know they are busy, but I really wish it felt as though they were prioritizing the deliveries based on reservation dates and wait times. Seeing the fb, forum, reddit posts of people ordering later than most of us and already taking delivery is a huge slap in the face.
I bet people who got their's super fast is because someone else's already built car fell through (i.e. culdn't secure financing), so they got matched with those available cars.

• Funny
Reactions: jprac80
I don't see that information in the article. Where is your information coming from?

It's right after the major regions:

Along with new top leadership positions, the new delivery leadership structure also includes new delivery managers for each of the smaller regions, most of them also promoted from within Tesla, but a few external hires are also now leading operations, like former Apple operation manager Justin Harden, who is now in charge of deliveries in the southwest, and former Amazon area manager and Air Force One operation director Mark Mason, who is now in charge of Tesla deliveries in Texas and Mexico.

Reactions: amietk
So we picked ours up this morning at Houston North. Fit and finish looked great and there was a tiny surface scratch they buffed out. In the hour and half I was there they unloaded about 15 or so 3’s.

Hey, do they film you driving it out of the inside? Or is it staged inside so that you can take some pictures with it? I've seen some of my friends in California with some great photos/videos of delivery

For what its worth, I've been tracking the United Road website for the last week or so for deliveries to Houston North (I'm scheduled for delivery on Sept 12th), and today there was an insane increase in the number of cars that were "pending pickup" and "in route" from the Fort Worth location. There were also a lot still coming directly from Lathrop. I think that there were around 40 cars from Fort Worth --> Houston added just today to those categories. Other days that I checked there would only be around 8. So that's great news for those that were stuck in the bottleneck.
upload_2018-8-30_17-18-4.png

• Informative
Reactions: SpiceWare
Thanks @HiTechRedneck for the good info: Tired of waiting; so sent Mark a linkedin invite that said "Looking forward to my Tesla arriving; but for those of us that have paid for a car we haven't test driven, seen or even know it's location; deliveries from Latham to Texas are just not happening in a reasonable manner. Can you help? teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/texas-hold-up.108153" -

If a hundred people did this, I think we would see some bolder action.

Just did, I sent him a LinkedIn Inmail.

Hey, do they film you driving it out of the inside? Or is it staged inside so that you can take some pictures with it? I've seen some of my friends in California with some great photos/videos of delivery
I’m sure if we asked they would have filmed us. But yes the car was in the back in a little carpeted area where we went over it. It actually was nice to have a little private area to go over the car.

• Love
My IDA finally emailed me back, and had the gall to say they are "in your corner fighting for delivery" and that "We are currently looking at a delivery date within 10 days, give or take." It frankly feels insulting at this point. I specifically asked what kind of compensation I should expect but that went unaddressed, no surprise. Basically no information was provided to me.

I'm going to cool off for a bit before responding because the first response I typed out and deleted was not going to be helpful (felt good to write it though).

Thanks @HiTechRedneck for the good info: Tired of waiting; so sent Mark a linkedin invite that said "Looking forward to my Tesla arriving; but for those of us that have paid for a car we haven't test driven, seen or even know it's location; deliveries from Latham to Texas are just not happening in a reasonable manner. Can you help? teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/texas-hold-up.108153" -

If a hundred people did this, I think we would see some bolder action.
There are no test drives in Austin? I went to the Galleria showroom (or whatever they call it) last Friday and scheduled a test drive a noon the following Monday. You need to test drive.

It is a double-edged sword, you will come away grinning ear to ear and all the more anxious for delivery.

• Love
There are no test drives in Austin? I went to the Galleria showroom (or whatever they call it) last Friday and scheduled a test drive a noon the following Monday. You need to test drive.

It is a double-edged sword, you will come away grinning ear to ear and all the more anxious for delivery.
They are doing test drives at the Domain showroom In Austin. I did it a few weeks ago. RWD only though, at least when I did it.

For what its worth, I've been tracking the United Road website for the last week or so for deliveries to Houston North (I'm scheduled for delivery on Sept 12th), and today there was an insane increase in the number of cars that were "pending pickup" and "in route" from the Fort Worth location. There were also a lot still coming directly from Lathrop. I think that there were around 40 cars from Fort Worth --> Houston added just today to those categories. Other days that I checked there would only be around 8. So that's great news for those that were stuck in the bottleneck.View attachment 330456
Hooray!!! My lost car just showed up as a pending delivery from Ft Worth to Houston. :):):)
:):):):)Along with 45 others coming to Houston and 9 going to San Antonio :):):)
upload_2018-8-30_17-53-29.png

At least now I can see it.

Sure hope they give priority to processing/delivering the "lost" cars at the SC.

Last edited: