Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Another Austin customer with some good news...

Timeline:
12/12/16 : Reserved online
7/13/18 : Vehicle configured ( VIN *034007 )
8/18/18 : Vehicle funded ( A lot of back and forth between Tesla and my Bank until this point)
8/21/18 : Delivery date of 9/1 confirmed by IDA
8/28/18 : Delivery date pushed to 9/15 as vehicle was still at Oklahoma rail lot back then.
9/4/18: Spoke with delivery center, vehicle at ATX and passed initial inspection. Will be delivered tomorrow (tears of joy).

I was never able to check the VIN on the united road website and I am also confident my vehicle was one of the many stranded at Oklahoma rail lot. My IDA has not been super responsive, but I guess that's expected given the amount of deliveries Tesla is doing right now.

Others waiting for the car, I would just follow the recommendation on this forum to keep calling your delivery center and/or customer care if IDA is not being responsive.

Reactions: gravastar
So. My car is in Austin.

Car hasn't been inspected yet but it's here. I haven't called the guy back (I'm dealing with someone high up in Tesla delivery operations now), but it sure didn't sound like they're going to offer me anything beyond delivery. I'm going to push them on that front though.
I'm really glad this seems to be on the right track for you finally. The whole thing was beyond unacceptable, and I'm glad you are still pushing for retribution of some sort. They should at least pay one month of loan and insurance. Fingers crossed for a clean inspection.

On the flip side, now I'm over here getting more and more irritated as I see cars dispatched for pick up out of Fort Worth later than mine was, getting delivered today. My appointment is tomorrow morning. I'm trying to have patience and be calm but it is so totally irritating. Now I think I'm stuck in the back corner of the rail jail. Again, it's not a monumental delay, but the lack of transparency and backward order of operations that just makes it all feel so bad.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
So. My car is in Austin.

Car hasn't been inspected yet but it's here. I haven't called the guy back (I'm dealing with someone high up in Tesla delivery operations now), but it sure didn't sound like they're going to offer me anything beyond delivery. I'm going to push them on that front though.

Literally the best thing I heard today, so happy for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: SleepingLesson
I'm really glad this seems to be on the right track for you finally. The whole thing was beyond unacceptable, and I'm glad you are still pushing for retribution of some sort. They should at least pay one month of loan and insurance. Fingers crossed for a clean inspection.

On the flip side, now I'm over here getting more and more irritated as I see cars dispatched for pick up out of Fort Worth later than mine was, getting delivered today. My appointment is tomorrow morning. I'm trying to have patience and be calm but it is so totally irritating. Now I think I'm stuck in the back corner of the rail jail. Again, it's not a monumental delay, but the lack of transparency and backward order of operations that just makes it all feel so bad.
Libra89, are you tracking United Road? Looks like around 27 cars delivered from ft Worth to Cedar Springs.

Libra89, are you tracking United Road? Looks like around 27 cars delivered from ft Worth to Cedar Springs.
I am, but I just got a call from my IDA. It's not going to arrive ahead of tomorrow's appointment. I finally put my cards on the table and told her I have been able to track the car with the trucking company. I didn't want to do that, but I was getting nonsense answers and moving the cheese 2-3 days at a time is chaos. The short version is basically I told her I wanted to know why they weren't prioritizing my car to get on a truck, even though it's been scheduled to move since Thursday.

First she said they were having trouble getting enough trucks to do the deliveries. OK fine, that could be why it's been assigned to three different trucks since Saturday. Then if that's the problem, explain why they are not going first in, first out. I see cars scheduled after mine getting delivered, and mine has been assigned to three different trucks. Then she pulled out the 12 volt battery reason. She doesn't know for sure and is going to escalate to the logistics team.

Seriously Tesla, get it together.

Can any of you explain to me why the 12 volt battery seems to be such a rampant problem? That excuse has come out several times on various forums. Those things last for years. Granted, the car has been sitting for some time, but if it can't handle a week or two without being driven, that's a sad state of affairs. As I understand it, they are charging the cars on those lots. If the only reason my car hasn't moved is because it needs a new 12 volt, then drive your butt to Batteries Plus, put a few in the back of a pickup or whatever, and get someone out there to change them. This is not a very good reason why cars are sitting for days at a time.

Rant over. Trying to cool off. This is a first world problem, no one is going to die. I'm still mad though.

Hi Everyone,

Another Austin customer with some good news...

Timeline:
12/12/16 : Reserved online
7/13/18 : Vehicle configured ( VIN *034007 )
8/18/18 : Vehicle funded ( A lot of back and forth between Tesla and my Bank until this point)
8/21/18 : Delivery date of 9/1 confirmed by IDA
8/28/18 : Delivery date pushed to 9/15 as vehicle was still at Oklahoma rail lot back then.
9/4/18: Spoke with delivery center, vehicle at ATX and passed initial inspection. Will be delivered tomorrow (tears of joy).

I was never able to check the VIN on the united road website and I am also confident my vehicle was one of the many stranded at Oklahoma rail lot. My IDA has not been super responsive, but I guess that's expected given the amount of deliveries Tesla is doing right now.

Others waiting for the car, I would just follow the recommendation on this forum to keep calling your delivery center and/or customer care if IDA is not being responsive.
What's your config for your car?

Tuck this bit of knowledge under your pillow for when you do take delivery...

Your phone app is only given temporary access when you get your car. The temporary access will expire later that night. In my case, it was while I was installing Qi wireless chargers. I remember seeing this on the forums before but didn't recall what the remedy was. So I called support this afternoon.

Part of the delivery center's post delivery checklist is to file some paperwork. When that is done (24/48 hours later) you will be able to use the phone app with your car again.

(Meanwhile, back at the Cedar Springs center, a phone is ringing)
... no answer.

That seems like an elementary function that could avoid further customer disruptions. Just my opinion.

Guys, talk me out of losing faith in Tesla. I never thought I would have said this. Found out my car is in the DFW rail jail and nobody knows when it will be released. my original pick up date was 09/01, changed to 09/04 and now currently 09/13. Hard to swallow the fact the car was paid for in full a month ago. Maybe I need to pray to the almighty Tesla Gods to get more strength. Disappointing...

Reactions: libra89
Guys, talk me out of losing faith in Tesla. I never thought I would have said this. Found out my car is in the DFW rail jail and nobody knows when it will be released. my original pick up date was 09/01, changed to 09/04 and now currently 09/13. Hard to swallow the fact the car was paid for in full a month ago. Maybe I need to pray to the almighty Tesla Gods to get more strength. Disappointing...
Learn from my mistake, make a ruckus about this now. Call Tesla, demand managers, file with BBB. Only when I did all of those things (and more) has my situation started to change.

Yours and mine are probably cell mates. I am still trying to talk myself off the ledge. What's your VIN, I'll see if it's on the reports I can see. PM me if you rather.

Reactions: quaa
Screenshot 2018-09-04 18.26.25.png

The above is the "current" record for my car in the UR records.

Screenshot 2018-09-04 18.27.06.png

This one above is a different car which was delivered today. This is what I mean by "available" (scheduled) with UR after mine was made available. It could be total hair splitting, it's only a difference of just over 2 hours. But you can also see that mine carries an estimated pickup date 2 full days earlier than the one that was on today's delivery from rail jail.

When I saw my car get assigned this third truck mid afternoon I thought, OK, that's close to the yard, maybe it really will get there today. Nope, that's still how it looks. Now, I am optimistic that perhaps it will move tomorrow, but I've felt that way for days, and it isn't happening. My delivery date has now been moved out a full week as opposed to just a couple of days like the last two. If it takes until the 12th to take delivery, then I will also be a full 4 weeks of paid in full.

Patience is a virtue.

Looks like they smoothed out the process as like many other people today my car showed up in North Houston (according to UR delivery receipts). If it helps the discussion it came from:
GM ALLIANCE RAIL YARD (BNSF)
1001 RAILHEAD DRIVE
FORT WORTH, TX 76177

It never showed up in UR before so I'm guessing most of its journey from California was by rail.

• Informative
Reactions: gravastar
The plot thickens? I just clicked on several of the cars in the "current" Ft Worth to Dallas report on UR, which got updated today with a 9/5 pickup date. Looks like now there are 26 cars left for pending pickup either with 8/30-31 estimates like mine, or now with 9/5, and they all seem to be associated to the same truck as mine. Either that truck is making three round trips tomorrow (possible, if it starts early I guess), or some are gonna stay in lockup.

I am concerned though that my ISA seemed kind of casual about the fact that she thought some cars in that lot were having the 12 volt battery dead problem. Doesn't bode well for mine. At the same time, I think it would be very odd that exactly 9 cars with all the same "availability" date and time all have dead 12v batteries too.

So I'm staying positive that the car moves tomorrow.

Last edited:
Tuck this bit of knowledge under your pillow for when you do take delivery...

Your phone app is only given temporary access when you get your car. The temporary access will expire later that night. In my case, it was while I was installing Qi wireless chargers. I remember seeing this on the forums before but didn't recall what the remedy was. So I called support this afternoon.

Part of the delivery center's post delivery checklist is to file some paperwork. When that is done (24/48 hours later) you will be able to use the phone app with your car again.

(Meanwhile, back at the Cedar Springs center, a phone is ringing)
... no answer.

That seems like an elementary function that could avoid further customer disruptions. Just my opinion.

I don’t think this is a universal thing. I never lost app access to the car from the moment I picked it up. Picked up on 8/23 in Houston.

Learn from my mistake, make a ruckus about this now. Call Tesla, demand managers, file with BBB. Only when I did all of those things (and more) has my situation started to change.

Would you mind outlining your escalation process? I'm currently driving a rental car they are paying for, but I would much rather have my car. I thought with them being on the hook for another $300/week it would be incentive enough for them to avoid the extra avoidable expense. I hope you get your car soon. In some ways this thread here has been somewhat of a support group for all of us forking up for one of the largest expenses in our lives. This delivery process has been extremely frustrating to say the least.

Reactions: libra89
Would you mind outlining your escalation process? I'm currently driving a rental car they are paying for, but I would much rather have my car. I thought with them being on the hook for another $300/week it would be incentive enough for them to avoid the extra avoidable expense. I hope you get your car soon. In some ways this thread here has been somewhat of a support group for all of us forking up for one of the largest expenses in our lives. This delivery process has been extremely frustrating to say the least.
My escalation path involved using means outside of Tesla's public support system. I filed a BBB complaint and used social media to determine the names of members of management in Tesla's delivery division, then successfully guessed their @tesla.com email addresses.

Reactions: Leeto