Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The beginning of the end of free Supercharging ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure Tesla has to press a few buttons after you sign that document for you to get the 6 years.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Here's what I see in my account when Iog in and look at the "order a new Model X" page.
Screenshot_20230425_083024_Chrome.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Here's what I see in my account when Iog in and look at the "order a new Model X" page.View attachment 931700
I love the last bit, of your car shows up late you don't get a damn thing and it just sucks to suck. Hell the **** no, if I order a car before 30 June regardless of it's arrival day it should be eligible for whatever deal was applied at the time of purchase.

I love the last bit, of your car shows up late you don't get a damn thing and it just sucks to suck. Hell the **** no, if I order a car before 30 June regardless of it's arrival day it should be eligible for whatever deal was applied at the time of purchase.
You're right.

Now that Tesla has over $22 billion cash on hand, they can dictate these terms. Far cry when they were first starting out :)

Yeah I noticed that too. Thanks but no thanks. There's a 10% chance I might have considered a new MX with 6 years FUSC. But 3 years and a "sorry if we're late" clause? Nope.

Am hoping now that this 6-yr FUSC scheme appeared for first time
greatly increases chance of it reappearing at end of some near future
quarter when The Elonmeister wants new S or X buys to surge more that it did
for very recent 3-yr FUSC offer...
YES I WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THAT SURGE 🤑 👍 🤑 👍 🤑
just don't jack up prices to compensate for 6-yr offer...

There is no need for tesla to forcibly remove the fusc. They just need to program their full self driving autonomous cars to total your fusc car. They know where it is located. And they will say they need to continue to work on the self-driving part. They are just waiting for enough idiots to buy and activate the self-driving on their supposedly cheap tesla for this scheme to work. Sure this is definitely illegal. But I wouldn't put it pass Elon if it makes financial sense and if he can get away with it. Plus no one is going to convict a rich man.

There is no need for tesla to forcibly remove the fusc. They just need to program their full self driving autonomous cars to total your fusc car. They know where it is located. And they will say they need to continue to work on the self-driving part. They are just waiting for enough idiots to buy and activate the self-driving on their supposedly cheap tesla for this scheme to work. Sure this is definitely illegal. But I wouldn't put it pass Elon if it makes financial sense and if he can get away with it. Plus no one is going to convict a rich man.

Now that is some Bond Villain level thinking there. I'd suspect Elon capable of it, except he is a child who doesn't seem able to think that far ahead. Evidence: Being slapped by the SEC for stock-manipulation-via-dumb-joke-tweets, and yet makes another dumb joke with a $45B price quote that he ends up having to eat.

Most Bond Villains have at least the ability to craft a huge empire around themselves WITHOUT actually setting it on fire themselves.

Most transferable FUSC cars don't have FSD capabilities.

PS> I had 2 Model S with FUSC until last month, got no such offer as mentioned in this thread. One was transferable, one non-transferable. I still have the latter, sold the former last month. Since 2013 bought 4 new Model S's. Maybe they read the forums and know stalkless yoke was a non-starter for me. Rounded stalkless yoke even worse.

Most transferable FUSC cars don't have FSD capabilities.

PS> I had 2 Model S with FUSC until last month, got no such offer as mentioned in this thread. One was transferable, one non-transferable. I still have the latter, sold the former last month. Since 2013 bought 4 new Model S's. Maybe they read the forums and know stalkless yoke was a non-starter for me. Rounded stalkless yoke even worse.
I read that post as, Elon's newer FSD cars will be programmed to take out us older owners with FUSC.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
I read that post as, Elon's newer FSD cars will be programmed to take out us older owners with FUSC.
Lol this thread had taken a dark turn! Keep in mind fusc is transferable on certain cars. But if elon wants it gone so bad why did he offer it in the first place!? The people who got this likely paid more than 130k to 140k for an s with free usc. In todays dollars that’s a lot. And a plaid is much less now than a p90d in 2016. Tesla should honor what they promised, not do trivial crap like threaten owners who use supercharging “too much “

Threaten owners? Where have they done that - b/c that seems like a pretty cut-and-dried grounds to win a lawsuit.
Unlimited supercharging is unlimited... They don't get to change the terms of the original purchase agreement after the fact, especially if they don't OWN the car. That's why they haven't been stripping the FUSC from the cars that aren't in their physical ownership.

Reactions: tesluv108
Threaten owners? Where have they done that - b/c that seems like a pretty cut-and-dried grounds to win a lawsuit.
Unlimited supercharging is unlimited... They don't get to change the terms of the original purchase agreement after the fact, especially if they don't OWN the car. That's why they haven't been stripping the FUSC from the cars that aren't in their physical ownership.
It’s been a while but they were sending letters a few years back. These were sent to owners they felt were using the charging too much. Yes it seems hard to believe but it’s Tesla so maybe not? I’d have to dig up the article

I use my Tesla almost exclusively for road trips - and I travel for work, so that is a LOT of mileage and supercharging, like 60k in the last year and 90% supercharged. If they wanted to say something to me..... That would not end well for them.

I suspect what you are referring to were the people who were only supercharging rather than charging at home - for a variety of reasons, but that wasn't Tesla's preferred usage of course. That might have been when they started with the bullshipping idle fees.

Is there any empirical data on how many FUSC car owners actually use superchargers in excess?

Also, in a couple of years, all the remainder FUSC cars will be completely out of warranty so I'm thinking many of those owners will be dumping their cars in fear of major repairs. FUSC can't be enough of an incentive for the average owner to keep their out-of-warranty car, right? I'm sure Tesla is banking on this.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray