Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gee the hardship!! ;-)

I would still be pretty pissed off being without your S though. You seem to be taking it very calmly?

Are your colleagues giving you heaps about it?

It's not the fault of the service guys who are very responsive and eager to please. The car is running perfectly now and I'm tempted to keep using it but I don't want to have it breakdown in traffic or something. After waiting so long, it's disappointing. But it's only a car, after all.

Colleagues are being very nice about it - to my face at least. :p

Just been informed, mine's on the water. Whoopeee! :biggrin:

Good one Brewster.... Just a bit longer now and you will be taking out insurance!

Got mine last night. Today we went to Wollongong and back via Sea Cliff Bridge. Family is absolutely ecstatic. Kids can't get over the fact that the car can play any song, so everyone was fighting to play their own and none was really fully listened to. But it was all in the name of fun.

Insane acceleration bursts are amazing. What I found most amazing was such acceleration at such a slow speed. You heard me. Your heart gets thrown back into your chest before the car even gets to a mere 50kph. Go figure right. Quite an incredible feeling.

I have absolutely no idea how the blind spot warning thingo works - will have to read up on that. Also what happens if you say tell the suspension to go up or down, but you didn't mean it, will the car repeat that next time you pass that spot? And how do you see edit or clear the spots that the suspension thingo has recorded?

It was such a smooth pleasant ride and it was so effortless. I remember taking those same roads some time ago in a really crappy car. You would have to floor it to get it moving up a such a steep hill only to jump on the brakes again when the hill became a steep decline and all roads were narrow and snake-like. A real headache. But the Tesla just hugs the roads, corners like its on rails, and hills and drops are as effortless as counting sheep!

Also never had to worry about the battery. Incredible the range on that thing. I found it very accurate.

We drove around in insane mode - but that is not to say that we were doing insane launches at all. It is just a compliment to how beautifully calibrated the accelerator pedal is. You can inch forward (we had creep mode off) and you can lurch forward - the choice is the driver's - no sweat!

Still haven't made my mind up on what to have as a default screen - or is the idea to just leave it on whatever you last needed it on? Thousand questions but I'm getting there...

Suspension settings can be deleted if you have the suspension screen up when you pas the affected spot, you will see an icon that will allow you to cancel the high. And yes if you don't clear it geofencing means it will always react the same way at the same spot.

Suspension settings can be deleted if you have the suspension screen up when you pas the affected spot, you will see an icon that will allow you to cancel the high. And yes if you don't clear it geofencing means it will always react the same way at the same spot.

Hi Dborn, thanks for that!

This arvo I installed the front door Tesla Puddle lights. Didn't realise that cutting into the door was only the plastic covering, I was expecting to get into the aluminium.

Tomorrow I will do the rear door being the wolf and full moon.

yesterday I put in the rear LED lights. Didn't realise how hard those screws were to take out and put back. Hope I didn't strip'em.

still need to install the parcel shelf lifter

in the future, I will have to get LED lighting for the boot and foot.

What is that switch in the frunk do anyway?

The license plate bulbs are simple old filament bulbs. Changing them to LED has the advantage of assisting the illumination for the reversing camera at night. By the way, that camera already has amazing resolution at night and finds light where you think None exists

Okay so that's halogen. I would assume the frunk and trunk lights are halogen as well. They should have opted for LEDs all through out the car, the cabin light were definitely LED when I test drove last year. Why haven't they done that? That's weird.

At least aftermarkets solve that, it also helps alleviate the aux battery problems I suppose. Halogens are more straining to that lead acid batt compare to LED loads.

Froot and boot lights are LED. The cheapest most useless ones available and very dim. The identical fitting for the puddle lights under the doors. Abstract Ocean in the USA is having direct replacements made, but they are not yet available. I have wrangled my own replacements under the parcel shelf supports. See under thread " modifications".

Good one Brewster.... Just a bit longer now and you will be taking out insurance!

Got mine last night. Today we went to Wollongong and back via Sea Cliff Bridge. Family is absolutely ecstatic. Kids can't get over the fact that the car can play any song, so everyone was fighting to play their own and none was really fully listened to. But it was all in the name of fun.

Insane acceleration bursts are amazing. What I found most amazing was such acceleration at such a slow speed. You heard me. Your heart gets thrown back into your chest before the car even gets to a mere 50kph. Go figure right. Quite an incredible feeling.

I have absolutely no idea how the blind spot warning thingo works - will have to read up on that. Also what happens if you say tell the suspension to go up or down, but you didn't mean it, will the car repeat that next time you pass that spot? And how do you see edit or clear the spots that the suspension thingo has recorded?

It was such a smooth pleasant ride and it was so effortless. I remember taking those same roads some time ago in a really crappy car. You would have to floor it to get it moving up a such a steep hill only to jump on the brakes again when the hill became a steep decline and all roads were narrow and snake-like. A real headache. But the Tesla just hugs the roads, corners like its on rails, and hills and drops are as effortless as counting sheep!

Also never had to worry about the battery. Incredible the range on that thing. I found it very accurate.

We drove around in insane mode - but that is not to say that we were doing insane launches at all. It is just a compliment to how beautifully calibrated the accelerator pedal is. You can inch forward (we had creep mode off) and you can lurch forward - the choice is the driver's - no sweat!

Still haven't made my mind up on what to have as a default screen - or is the idea to just leave it on whatever you last needed it on? Thousand questions but I'm getting there...

ZTrekus you lucky devil. :smile:
Now the real fun begins!
When you raise the suspension for a driveway for instance, do you then have to manually lower it when you are out of range of that location or does it automatically lower after attaining a certain speed?

Looks like it has met or surpassed all your hopes for this modern marvel?

ZTrekus you lucky devil. :smile:
Now the real fun begins!
When you raise the suspension for a driveway for instance, do you then have to manually lower it when you are out of range of that location or does it automatically lower after attaining a certain speed?

Looks like it has met or surpassed all your hopes for this modern marvel?

Yes brewster - I wanted to know that immediately. I found that it lowers itself when it reaches a certain speed. (There is an adjustment somewhere in the screen to alter something or other, but I haven't investigated that further).

So whether it is on high or very high, it goes back down to standard when it reaches a certain speed, so I just forget about it and let it do its job. But when we were on the freeway, I decided to go into it and put it on very low... I figured, what else is it there for? But then you have to remember to raise it when you are off the freeway I think... which is what I did when I forgot all about it and almost scratched it when entering a car park... and so now I figure it has remembered some odd place in Wollongong to raise the car up which I will never visit again... Oh well, if that is the nature of the beast, so be it...

Yes brewster - I wanted to know that immediately. I found that it lowers itself when it reaches a certain speed. (There is an adjustment somewhere in the screen to alter something or other, but I haven't investigated that further).

So whether it is on high or very high, it goes back down to standard when it reaches a certain speed, so I just forget about it and let it do its job. But when we were on the freeway, I decided to go into it and put it on very low... I figured, what else is it there for? But then you have to remember to raise it when you are off the freeway I think... which is what I did when I forgot all about it and almost scratched it when entering a car park... and so now I figure it has remembered some odd place in Wollongong to raise the car up which I will never visit again... Oh well, if that is the nature of the beast, so be it...

I think you are able to adjust the 'low' setting to occur at a certain speed upwards, such as 80km/hr. It is one of the 'control' settings. So when your speed is less than say 80km/hr then your suspension raises again automatically. (I think)

I think you are able to adjust the 'low' setting to occur at a certain speed upwards, such as 80km/hr. It is one of the 'control' settings. So when your speed is less than say 80km/hr then your suspension raises again automatically. (I think)
Yes that is correct. Saves the suburban scraping.

- - - Updated - - -

Blind spot warning is very simple. If you hear a loud unexpected tone, it means you are heading toward an accident. I particulaly like that it doesn't have the european approach of endlessly flashing lights in the mirrors. In less than 2 months I've heard the tone twice. It seems very accurate and effective.

There is an automatic very low setting at or above a speed you set. Designed for freeway driving. when you drop below the set speed it automatically rises to standard. You just need to go through all the settings pages slowly. It does become easy once you have lived with it a bit.