Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't love it yet but I think it'll look better with the front plate. Also, it differentiates a bit from the style of the MS. Sometimes, depending on the angle, the front bumper of the MS looks cheap so I think it's an improvement.

We are so used to the grilles and rev noise that we need to do some kind of long rehab. The rev noise love is gone (at least for me) and now that we've closed the grille with the MS, it's time to finally say goodbye.

I'm surprised, but after going through the thread, I don't think anyone has mentioned that the space between the top edge of the hood and the colored nose is open. I tried to get a look inside the area in Elon's car, but there were too many people in the way. I wonder if it is for aerodynamics/cooling. When you look at the pictures it looks like there is black plastic there, but it is a hollow space.

My impression of the depth of the space is that you could at least put the length of your fingers in there.

I posted when the blue 'shark' nose emerged that it looked like a 'stick-on' and not the real deal.
And so it has turned out....
but the good news is that one can easily just cobble up a stick on like the mule if you really want a MS copy nose!

Well maybe someone can just make vinyl to go up there? Some quick and dirty mocks:

nosered2.jpg

nosewhite-(2).jpg

nosewhite-(2)2.jpg

Personally, I don't mind no nose cone, but the design used makes it look like they REMOVED a nose cone vs it being designed for no cone to begin with IMO.

Maybe if they had top-mounted the logo like the Model S alpha and then body colored the front:

alpha tesla-model-s-driving.png

models-alpha-no-cone.jpg

Yeah, first I was not sure, but I think it was just the white color ad the fact "we got used to" the old design. In other colors it looks nice.

Remember how Tesla said they would slowly move away from the traditional ICE design. They did not want to create a weirdo car at first, but they need to move the needle a bit. The reason ICE cars have a nose-grill is to cool the engine. EVs don't need that, the S only imitated having one to make it look more conventional, less sci-fi.

Agreed. Am not a fan of it in white paint, but liked/loved it in the other colors. But, yes, most people don't deal with change well.

Saleen was first in showing what the Model S would look like without a nose cone. They got a ton of BAD reactions to it. Everybody saying how ugly it was. "Voldemort nose". What baffles me is that given all the negative feedback and criticism, that Tesla chose to go forward with a similar nose on the X!! terrible!!!

maxresdefault.jpg