Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The next big thing in AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Psst....

Attachments

• 21731812_10156605193961978_1522871198233059883_o.jpg
    21731812_10156605193961978_1522871198233059883_o.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 194
Frankly I glad they stopped communicating, they kept setting expectations in the stars with timelines that were optimistic to be generous and just left everyone disappointed, now we don't know anything so we have nothing to bitch about, except to bitch about what was already promised but we are still waiting on.

That should at least carry us to the end of the year in terms of things to bitch about, I suspect probably into mid next year as well.

Frankly I glad they stopped communicating, they kept setting expectations in the stars with timelines that were optimistic to be generous and just left everyone disappointed, now we don't know anything so we have nothing to bitch about, except to bitch about what was already promised but we are still waiting on.
If Tesla had done as you suggest, they would have had nothing to talk about for the last two years. They've had a few improvements to acceleration, a bumper facelift, and some inconsequential interior tweaks, that's about it. Without Autopilot, there is nothing to drive the Tesla news cycle. This also points out Tesla's greatest weakness - lack of basic comfort and convenience feature parity with vehicles half the price.

Autopilot has been a way for Tesla to distract the entire world from the fact that it can't compete with even Kia on the basics.

If Tesla had done as you suggest, they would have had nothing to talk about for the last two years. They've had a few improvements to acceleration, a bumper facelift, and some inconsequential interior tweaks, that's about it. Without Autopilot, there is nothing to drive the Tesla news cycle. This also points out Tesla's greatest weakness - lack of basic convenience feature parity with vehicles half the price.

True, but they have their "semi" event, and they'll keep droning on about the end of year cross country FSD demo until we'll the end of the year and then they'll say coming next year a cross country FSD demo!

Fool me once...

True, but they have their "semi" event, and they'll keep droning on about the end of year cross country FSD demo until we'll the end of the year and then they'll say coming next year a cross country FSD demo!

Fool me once...
Yes and this so-called "semi truck" is nothing more than another level in Tesla's ponzi scheme. Another distraction from the real and glaring deficiencies of the products it is currently shipping. Sad.

Yes and this so-called "semi truck" is nothing more than another level in Tesla's ponzi scheme. Another distraction from the real and glaring deficiencies of the products it is currently shipping. Sad.

Wow! I really like Tesla and am very serious / very close to buying a model S...I was thinking some time in Q4. But the more I read the posts in this forum the more I second-guess my thought process. Is it really that bad out there? I hear about how terrible navigation is. I hear about how there's really truly been no meaningful updates in the last few years (aside from facelift). I hear about the lack of compatibility with our mobile phones. I hear about the poor quality of materials used in the cars. I hear about how terrible service is. I hear about empty promises. I hear about cars that cost tens of thousands of dollars less yet are even better equipped and more advanced in some ways. I hear about the severe lack of creature comforts...The list kind of goes on and on. To add salt to my wounds - one of my friends works for a Tesla supplier and says the same thing AmpedRealtor said in his post (hence the reason I copied his post; I however am not trying to single out this particular individual). So...what am I missing here? Why do (seemingly) most of you all have Teslas? Am I (and other potential buyers) making a mistake? Would you buy a Tesla again? Sorry...had to vent. Which apparently this forum is great for that :(

Wow! I really like Tesla and am very serious / very close to buying a model S...I was thinking some time in Q4. But the more I read the posts in this forum the more I second-guess my thought process. Is it really that bad out there? I hear about how terrible navigation is. I hear about how there's really truly been no meaningful updates in the last few years (aside from facelift). I hear about the lack of compatibility with our mobile phones. I hear about the poor quality of materials used in the cars. I hear about how terrible service is. I hear about empty promises. I hear about cars that cost tens of thousands of dollars less yet are even better equipped and more advanced in some ways. I hear about the severe lack of creature comforts...The list kind of goes on and on. To add salt to my wounds - one of my friends works for a Tesla supplier and says the same thing AmpedRealtor said in his post (hence the reason I copied his post; I however am not trying to single out this particular individual). So...what am I missing here? Why do (seemingly) most of you all have Teslas? Am I (and other potential buyers) making a mistake? Would you buy a Tesla again? Sorry...had to vent. Which apparently this forum is great for that :(

Don't listen to all the whining babies on this site. They have nothing better to do than be on here and complain and cry. It is a great car, one of the best, if not the best, you can buy out there right now. Is it far superior in every category and the perfect car? No. But it is a brilliant car by a 10 year old car company still building its manufacturing base and getting better with each iteration. It will be the best car you have ever owned and driven, I am pretty confident about that. People aren't going to ask you about your S550 or 760i every where you go, because that's some generic ish.

Notice something when you follow threads here... there are those of us who have legitimate criticisms of the car and the company. We routinely discuss those criticisms and list the issues we have. Then there are those who blindly defend Tesla and justify everything Tesla does or doesn't do, usually because they have something invested in the brand or product either emotionally or financially.

Don't listen to all the whining babies on this site. They have nothing better to do than be on here and complain and cry. It is a great car, one of the best, if not the best, you can buy out there right now. Is it far superior in every category and the perfect car? No. But it is a brilliant car by a 10 year old car company still building its manufacturing base and getting better with each iteration. It will be the best car you have ever owned and driven, I am pretty confident about that. People aren't going to ask you about your S550 or 760i every where you go, because that's some generic ish.

^^ to prove my point lol :p

The only aspect of the vehicle that is superior to others is its electric drive train. Ask anyone if they would buy the Model S or X if it were a gasoline car. The answer will be a resounding NO from the majority of owners. Without the EV drivetrain, the car is mediocre and would never be able to compete with BMW or Mercedes on any level except weight.

@T_E_S_L_A

my 2c .. today .. it makes ZERO sense to buy AP2 or AP2.5 over AP1.

- You pay new price premium and new price depreciation and effectively drive an inferior car for a big portion of the ownership duration.
- Even when AP2 exceeds AP1, it'll only matter on freeways. Yeah wake me up with FSD is a reality and I can play clash of clans while the car drives.

Having waited for AP1, I didn't expect Elon to meet his end of Dec 2016 parity promise. However even I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. And I don't think it's going to improve anytime soon. I feel bad for AP2 owners. I feel really bad for those who traded in AP1 over AP2 over the hype. They could have enjoyed a superior car and saved $15-20K by going AP1.

Nav - is not that bad
Service - sometimes they screw up, but who doesn't. But they make up usually. But remember with Tesla you can't take it to another dealer, so keep that in mind.
Repair situation - is just sad sad sad!
Creature comforts - is just bad
Phone integration - is laughable and not improving.
Meaningful updates - there are none. There are updates, but so minor that it really doesn't matter.

Would I buy another Tesla? Not AP2. AP1 .. y'know I really like not going to gas stations. I really like AP. It's added a lot of time into my life. And that to me has been worthwhile. Also I like being safe, and the car does drive like a rocket. Sure the leather I sit on is not plush, but whatever! My tush is plush enough for my needs.

I think I would get another AP1 Tesla. If AP2 becomes pretty damn good, I'd get AP2. However if AP2 remains meh! and Nissan Pro pilot is almost or better than AP1, I'll get that. I don't drive long distances, and when I do I can rent. No biggie. I'd be very hard pressed to buy another ICE because I feel it hurts the environment too much and socially is the wrong thing to do. I am very happy to see every single manufacturer take EVs seriously now. Good! I'll have more choice, Tesla will have more competition.

Yeah I know many will disagree with me, but whatever! This is how I feel.

We are local, lmk and we can meet over coffee, happy to share experiences and no BS experiences.

+2 What ^ he said!

Yea like alapd said forums and online in general you'll always find tons of negativity. But then you'll also find tons of fan boys or "fanatics" as well. So just make sure you read up on both or try to read only the ones that tend to be more balanced at least. My general thought is that Tesla is trying to do things that standard car companies are not doing, and functioning more like a Tech company then your standard car company. Myself coming from a tech background and working in the industry I have more empathy for their recent struggles and successes. Especially with the departures in the AP team you would expect them to have few hiccups on delivering new features until that team gets settled again. You really have to think of a Tesla like a smartphone or a computer, and there will be hiccups and sometimes bumpy times. Will it be scary... hell yes... and will your car potentially be outdated in a year or two and depreciate like crazy most likely. But to me that doesn't mean ICE won't depreciate as well as more EV's get on the road. The other problem with Tesla's is that they are price in a particular price range that skews itself towards a particular age range, and some of these individuals might be accustomed to things a certain way... Though this last line will probably get me in trouble, but that's my 2 cents take them for what its worth on the internet.

Reactions: Mobster

Ponzi scheme? Really?

Notice something when you follow threads here... there are those of us who have legitimate criticisms of the car and the company. We routinely discuss those criticisms and list the issues we have. Then there are those who blindly defend Tesla and justify everything Tesla does or doesn't do, usually because they have something invested in the brand or product either emotionally or financially.

"Routinely" is an understatement. You have posted 5,363 times in the last 1,538 days (3.5 posts a day). I looked at your recent post history and it is difficult to find a non-negative post. We get it. You don't like the company/autopilot/exterior/interior/driving exp/service center/elon's mom/tesla employees/etc...