Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The option to purchase FSD disappeared in MyTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
I am pretty sure there was an option to buy FSD in my Tesla account. I just checked tonight and it disappeared. Anyone else noticed this?

Does it have to do with EM announcing new FSD features and is going to jack up the price?

Where do you see this option? I'm only a couple of days into owning my car, but I've never seen any areas in my account to trigger upgrades/etc.

There are some restrictions that prevent Tesla from selling service contracts online in WA state - wonder if there are similar restrictions that prevent them from offering online software upgrades? Seems crazy.

Nick

Where do you see this option?

1. Log into your Tesla account Tesla SSO – Login
2. Find your car and click on "Manage"
3. Scroll down. It should be below the Support section and above the Contact section.

There are some restrictions that prevent Tesla from selling service contracts online in WA state - wonder if there are similar restrictions that prevent them from offering online software upgrades?

If you continue scrolling down below Charging Installation and above My Documents, do you see an option to Purchase a Maintenance Plan or Extended Service agreement?

Just took delivery of my X on June 7th and yeah, the option to buy FSD for $4,000 has gone poof from my profile page.... Lets speculate

Speculation 1: All 2.5's came with FSD as standard equipment.
Speculation 2: All 2.5's experienced cost cutting and FSD is no longer possible.

Except we have a 2.5 above that says he/she has the option.

So..
Speculation 3: A group of owners are suing Tesla and the option to purchase has been removed from all those eligible to be included in the lawsuit to prevent a larger class action.
Speculation 4: It's just a bug. Give it a couple of weeks or talk to your OA/SC/DS if you really want to buy it now.

Reactions: ebfio and Sonic_78
I have the option on mine -- Dec 2016 build MS.

What was the original price if purchased after delivery of the car? I thought it was $9,000 for EAP + FSD, but it now shows $10,000. EAP was not functional on AP2 cars in Dec 2016 so I didn't purchase it, got used to driving myself, and never got around to purchasing later.

I have the option on mine -- Dec 2016 build MS.

What was the original price if purchased after delivery of the car? I thought it was $9,000 for EAP + FSD, but it now shows $10,000. EAP was not functional on AP2 cars in Dec 2016 so I didn't purchase it, got used to driving myself, and never got around to purchasing later.

Other than OP, it looks like the above posts from people who still have the option are in CA or NC.
Pretty sure it's been 5k+3k at time of purchase, 6k+4k after, at least as long as I have been looking.

My ap2.5 I posted about above is MCU1. MCU2 seems like a likely pattern, so now random speculation on why: They goofed and MCU2 can't support it as it is now?

Thank god I ordered mine with FSD a few weeks ago, or is it too early to celebrate? I almost took it out of the cart, then put it back in after reading Elon's tweet that some FSD features might be coming this August. I love how Tesla is constantly innovating and evolving. MCU 3.0?

I have old MCU 2017 build and I still have the option to buy as well. (AP 2.5).

Here is my speculation. The FSD you thought you bought (or will buy) will not be 'true' FSD. Its not going to be door to door service no hands no nag. There will be feature split. Stuff that may or arguably should be EAP will now be FSD only. Chill everyone. Accept it. There is going to be a fork in the road and you can enable it to get more features than you would have under EAP if you don't have FSD enabled yet. But for this fork your blinker doesn't matter. Your cash does. (only those obsessed like me will catch that reference to "enable blinker to fork" from the tweeted image yesterday).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA