Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Superchargers are Wide Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Missile Toad

MSLR Wht/Blk/19 | OD 6/10/21 | RN11512
Aug 30, 2016
30.04, -95.16
Thanks to the collaboration of @wk057 @wolfson292 and their availability map, I've sampled the most reliable data streams from 17 Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma sites (weeding out some of the less reliable ones) each hour this past Monday. Although individual sites can get two or three cars (briefly) at a time, the aggregate of all 17 sites show them to not decline below 90% free stalls. Now given, the summer is when there is a 10-15% spike in driving ... but even with a doubling of Tesla's on the road (at least 2 years from now)
...even if Tesla stopped building superchargers now, there is plenty of room.
From the data, the three busiest sites:
  1. Channelview, TX
  2. Slidell, LA
  3. N. Houston, TX
Its possible that Corsicana should be among these sites... but the data from that site was unreliable.

Happy Charging! Realtime Supercharger Availability Map

FYI, the sites that I draw my data from (via @wolfson292 ) are:
N. Houston
Channelview*
Columbus*

Victoria
Waco**
San Marcos
Lindale
Shreveport, LA
Sulphur Springs
Baton Rouge, LA
Kingsville*
Texarkana*
Denton
Monroe, LA*
Cisco
Ardmore, OK
Slidell, LA​
Items with stars have a hotel in view of the SuperCharger. I personally have visited the boldfaced locations.

Reactions: RichardD
The most I have seen at once in Denton is 3 including mine. It was also the oldest one there. Mine was built in Dec 2016 (a whole 4 months old), and was the oldest car there at the time. The other two still had temp tags, one from Texas, the other had North Carolina temps.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
The most I have seen at once in Denton is 3 including mine. It was also the oldest one there. Mine was built in Dec 2016 (a whole 4 months old), and was the oldest car there at the time. The other two still had temp tags, one from Texas, the other had North Carolina temps.

FWIW, I did see Denton full up once plus a queue waiting. It was a club meeting plus one rather surprised tourist.

Victoria on the way to Port Aransas/Corpus Christi was wide open this weekend both ways. Only saw one other Tesla the whole weekend (spent most of the time in Port Aransas. Saw one more on the road. Many gawkers in Port A - Best comment other than 'IT'S A TESLA!!' (several of those) was 'If you got it, flaunt it' from a bunch of elderly beach goers.
The Tesla now has a Beach Permit - drives well on the sand. 20170415_161932.jpg

ps. Use stall 3A in Victoria.. much better KW taper than 1A/1B matching SOC ramp down.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad