Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is a scratch on my new Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was clear ing my car today and noticed my car got keyed!!! some low life f-faced keyed my baby! I can't even believe this. reviewing my dash cam footage right now. hopefully I find something. you guys think I can remove this scratch on my own?

Attachments

• 20170916_111114.jpg
    20170916_111114.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 20170916_111053.jpg
    20170916_111053.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 193
Huh? Almost zero chance that was intentional.

Also looks like it could be buffed

I think someone attempted to steal my car. when I got out of the hospital the handle didn't come out automatically. the inside of my car was completely dark and did not respond to my remote. I had to manually unlock my car to get in. this morning as I was cleaning my car I see this! people really have no respect for others hard earned money. I called the hospital to get security footage since my dash cam recorded over the files. the security team call me back saying they don't store footage and only have love feed! wth!!!

I think someone attempted to steal my car. when I got out of the hospital the handle didn't come out automatically. the inside of my car was completely dark and did not respond to my remote. I had to manually unlock my car to get in. this morning as I was cleaning my car I see this! people really have no respect for others hard earned money. I called the hospital to get security footage since my dash cam recorded over the files. the security team call me back saying they don't store footage and only have love feed! wth!!!

Now I'm just assuming you are seeing how far this thread can go.. your evidence for possible theft and intentional damage is weak at best.

Now I'm just assuming you are seeing how far this thread can go.. your evidence for possible theft and intentional damage is weak at best.
My car was damaged and I came on this forum looking for help. didn't know some people can be do rude as to try to say I made this up. thanks for those that offered advice on how to fix the scratch. if this happened to your car you would be upset too.

Could you lead me through the steps of how you manually unlocked your vehicle when the remote was not working. This may help find the culprit.

I used my app to unlock the car. the key fob did not work. I had to start the car using app with keyless feature.

Quick questions:

Did the Fob work later? (Seeing if the battery died)

Do you have energy saver mode on? (Maybe the S was powered down? We don't use the energy saver mode, some have said the car acts funny with it).

Did the scratch buff out, as others suggest you try? (Suspect not malice, more likely negligence)

Reactions: JohnnyG
Agreed with others, that doesn’t look like the car got “keyed”, just someone walking by accidentally scratched it. Among other reasons, if you’re going to maliciously key someone’s car, you’re going to do it somewhere obvious and deep. I can’t see someone bending down to carefully put light scratches on the corner of the bumper.

My other car(thank god) got actually keyed a couple months ago and it’s a giant sin wave shape the entire way down the drivers side.

Reactions: DrivingRockies