Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet!! I ordered online and was wondering if I would get one. Hoping mail carrier doesn't fold if/when it finally arrives.
Sorry, could've been more clear -- I didn't say I ordered online, I said I didn't wait in line.

I ordered at the store, I drove by in the morning, there was a long line, I didn't feel like waiting, came back after lunch (at lunch?) with no line, and placed my order. (I used to work less than a mile from the service center)

He didn't wait in line but may have still walked into a SC after the line was gone. He didn't write that he ordered online.

Sorry, could've been more clear -- I didn't say I ordered online, I said I didn't wait in line.

I ordered at the store, I drove by in the morning, there was a long line, I didn't feel like waiting, came back after lunch (at lunch?) with no line, and placed my order. (I used to work less than a mile from the service center)

Lol, I should have read between the lines!!!

I waited in the rain for 5 hours and still no "gift" I hope the delivery sequence of the "gift" is in no way an indication of delivery sequence.

No worries there. I'm part of the first 3% that will get their cars after employees, and have not yet received artwork suitable for framing, ironing, or otherwise. And I plan to do both.

Why the first 3%? It was disclosed that only 7% of the pre-orders were from owners at the time. I figure 40% of those owners were from California. Maybe less, maybe more, but we also have been told that CA owners will get their chariots first. At least the fully-optioned orders if the past is any guide. Reservation placed within the first 5 minutes of the store's opening.

It appears only those who waited in line on March 31st got the gift. Also only 1 per email account. I got one even though I reserved two Model 3's. My wife got 1 as she also waited in line on the 31st and used her email account to register.

I have a friend and his wife who also each reserved one on the 31st but it appears since they used the same email account to register they only received one.

This is exactly what I thought I would get when Elon said he would be sending a gift. It was the same type of gift I got at the final launch of the Model X in Freemont.

For those who were expecting more it is obvious you don't follow Tesla. Tesla doesn't give you anything free other than a baseball cap or mug when you take delivery on a $150k car.
My wife and I didn't use the same email address or payment method, but she didn't get the gift, I'm guessing b/c we have the same address.

Well, now that you mention it, I was 7th in line (out of hundreds) that morning, and have received nada in the mail, suitable for framing or ironing or otherwise.

Not that there's any great rush. Those responsible for fulfillment/distribution may have been re-tasked for the Gigsfactory event.

Perhaps existing owners were excluded. Nope, that's not it.

Perhaps only people in line...
Nope. Not it either.

Maybe mine got mixed up with a batch of release notes for an upcoming OTA patch, or with the siting and permit-ing work for SCs along the Great Supercharger Wasteland from Tucson to San Antonio.

Yeah, that's it. Clerical error.

I just noticed something interesting.. I reserved 2 Model 3s and received both gifts. I received the first one and it had Elon's signature on the top card. I thought they all came like that so when I received the second one with no signature, I began to wonder. At the time I thought it was just a typical digital signature on the card and thought nothing of it. But now I went back and looked at the first one and it does have an imprint which shows that someone/something physically signed the card, so it's not a digital signature.

I just would like to know how many received the gift with a signature on the top card. All the ones on ebay doesn't have a signature also.

I just noticed something interesting.. I reserved 2 Model 3s and received both gifts. I received the first one and it had Elon's signature on the top card. I thought they all came like that so when I received the second one with no signature, I began to wonder. At the time I thought it was just a typical digital signature on the card and thought nothing of it. But now I went back and looked at the first one and it does have an imprint which shows that someone/something physically signed the card, so it's not a digital signature.

I just would like to know how many received the gift with a signature on the top card. All the ones on ebay doesn't have a signature also.
Interesting. Also interesting that you have both a Roadster and a Signature Model S. I wonder if that factored in.

Pretty cool, in any case. Congrats.

Picture please

I checked one of the two that we received. It didn't have the signature. The other envelope is still sealed. I might have to open it up to check for a signature, just in case. ;)

As @Gizmotoy pointed out, maybe your Roadster and Signature Model S got you a real signature!

I reserved in Montreal on the 31st (was +/- 50th in line which is earlier than you based on the number of signatures I see in your avatar) and I still have received nothing (and I go watch my mail every day).

I was #2 in Montreal and still nothing. I hope this isn't indicative of the order in which we will receive our cars. If so, I'm starting to question why I bothered to camp out for 2 days....