Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This obsession has taken over my life. I may need to be booked into the looney house.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love this thread..I basically do all the things mentioned here as well, check sites constantly looking for news. I set up twitter notifications on my phone so I get notified when Elon tweets..my wife thinks my obsession with Tesla and SpaceX is nuts, but my son shares it with me :)

Reactions: Gilzo
I was going to send the link to this thread to my husband and friends as proof that it isn't just me. But then I realized that the act of even doing that would cause more eye-rolls and sighing amongst them. Fortunately my kids are nearly as excited as I am. They smile & wave frantically at every Model S driver we see in town (which is secretly what I want to do).

I'm so glad I'm not alone... :)

Standing in line waiting for the Tesla store to open was one of the funnest days this year! Here you go folks, my 15 minutes of fame photographed by a local newspaper! And...it's the top of my bald head.

Attachments

• IMG_20160331_191339.jpg
    IMG_20160331_191339.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 110
My wife eye rolls me. Friends accuse me of only talking about Tesla...it has come to the point where I just talk to myself about it. Even my daughter today asked me "ok dad, let's talk about Tesla news today to get it out the way".
What the...

What has happened to me? I've never displayed this type of obsessive behavior in my life...well there was this one girl...

The Model 3 has taken over my life....and I love it.

I need help. Wait, no I don't..yes I do. I'm screwed.

Am I all alone in this craziness? Please tell me there's one of you out there like me or am I the only nutcase in the world.
For the price of a Model 3 each month, please take advantage of this mental health facility's residential programme.

Lindner Center of HOPE | Mental Health & Addiction Center

Seriously though, it means that you are an enthusiast and us enthusiasts tend to obsess over things we love. Of course it all needs to be within proper perspectives. If you feel that it is taking over your life AND it is impacting your daily life activities, then that is an issue.

I have the same symptoms. I ordered in April earlier than I had planned. I wanted save a larger down payment, but pulled the trigger before the refresh and unknown price increase. I was also concerned about the tax credit phasing out after the 200,00th Tesla sold in the USA.

I opted for an October delivery. My plan is to put $40K down and finance the rest. In Feb 2017 I'm expecting a HUUUGGGE refund and will apply that towards my balance and then refi to get a more manageable monthly payment.

The wait is painful, but I'm sticking to my plan.

Reactions: linkster
For the price of a Model 3 each month, please take advantage of this mental health facility's residential programme.

Lindner Center of HOPE | Mental Health & Addiction Center

Seriously though, it means that you are an enthusiast and us enthusiasts tend to obsess over things we love. Of course it all needs to be within proper perspectives. If you feel that it is taking over your life AND it is impacting your daily life activities, then that is an issue.

Look, when I have to hide just to sneak on my phone to get on this forum...it's an issue! When I take the trash outside I'm actually excited because it will give me a few mins to sneak on my phone to watch a p90d out drag a lambo...it's an issue!

It seems like every spare min I have, I sneak looking up tesla news/research on my phone.

My wife is cool...she gets it. She's excited for me. In fact today, she said it'll be cool when you get your 3 and I get my S. Wtf???

I may have created a monster but we like monsters.

I try not to be too crazy, but apparently it rubs off and shows just a little. Every time I pick my 3 year old from daycare he asks if I brought the tes-ul-uh. It's kind of cute; he says it with 3 syllables.

EDIT -- I also regularly check Elon's Twitter feed, and I don't even like Twitter. Elon's Twitter page is the only Twitter page I have ever visited, and I check it several times a week.

Last edited:
My wife is used to my obsessions, and appreciates them.
They give her heaps of material to use for jokes, and lately she has started to use them as leverage, as in
"Do what I want, or else ..."

Lucky for me I have a couple.

It's funny you mention that because my wife has done that to me as well. I said no to something she wanted and she replied back "you want that tesla don't you?"

I'm a victim of blackmail from her now. But like I said, I created this monster so I'll pick my battles carefully or else I may end up with a scooter.