Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thoughts on Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lack of braking grip could be a factor for regen too?
Not sure what you mean. I'm talking about pressing on the brake pedal and engaging the physical disc brakes, the MXM4s lose grip and the ABS engages much earlier than they would with stickier tires. For day to day, sane, comfortable driving, MXM4s are fine. For damp and wet roads, they're merely acceptable. For emergency braking, or pulling higher Gs on twisty canyon roads, they're quite a ways behind the best all season tires available.

I have got almost 4,000 miles driven on the Elects. So far I am really satisfied and happy with them.
These tires perform very well when it comes to keeping road noise at a stable and non-intrusive level and how they handle broken pavements/potholes. We had a lot of rainstorms in the past weeks/months in SoCal and these tires handled very well and provides a lot of confidence. Will do my rotation at around 5k mark and I should know how good/bad the tread wear is by then.
Will you be getting any of the snow that is expected in California? If so curious to how they perform in snow.

I ended up getting the elects. Too late in the season to have good snow tests, but did ok on ice the other day. Haven't taken the time to assess range efficiency, but the other characteristics of the tire seam great. They are quiet, absorb bumps better, and the price seemed decent, $325/corner out the door. Maybe it's a little soft in the corners when taking corners very aggressively, but I'm probably overly critical with that, it still felt solid. Overall, I'm happy with them.

The only other tire I was considering was the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, and if these tires are as good as those in snow, cheap, with better range, I think it's good value, but I guess I'll really never know without comparing directly to a Y with PS AS 4. If there's anyone in the boulder/denver colorado area with a Y and those tires that would like to do a side by side comparison, let me know! Would love to test both snow performance and range performance.

Reactions: wildguess
when my mx4’s were worn out I replaced them with a set of P Zero all seasons. I noticed road noise right away but I eventually got used to it. They got roughly 15watts per more worse than the stock tires. Those wore out a little quicker, lasting only 37k miles, and I replaced them with with the electric version. Thanks to the prorated warranty from the p zeros AS they were less $700 installed!

So far I’m happy with them. It feels exactly like the p zero all seasons but I’m really happy to have the dampening foam back.

Reactions: vickh
when my mx4’s were worn out I replaced them with a set of P Zero all seasons. I noticed road noise right away but I eventually got used to it. They got roughly 15watts per more worse than the stock tires. Those wore out a little quicker, lasting only 37k miles, and I replaced them with with the electric version. Thanks to the prorated warranty from the p zeros AS they were less $700 installed!

So far I’m happy with them. It feels exactly like the p zero all seasons but I’m really happy to have the dampening foam back.

prorated warranty is the best thing ever for EVs. They're so heavy that almost guaranteed to use. Great that Pirelli and Michelin make it ez to use (at least w/ DT)

prorated warranty is the best thing ever for EVs. They're so heavy that almost guaranteed to use. Great that Pirelli and Michelin make it ez to use (at least w/ DT)
A Model 3 Performance is lighter than a Kia Stinger GT2. Anything with 500+ HP is going to be heavier than a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

The equivalent BMW EV weighs something like 1,000 lbs more. Tesla Model 3 vehicles are actually light weight for their power. They don’t wear out tires any faster than other 500+ HP cars do.

The equivalent BMW EV weighs something like 1,000 lbs more. Tesla Model 3 vehicles are actually light weight for their power. They don’t wear out tires any faster than other 500+ HP cars do.
I think the main difference is the types of people buying those cars. People buying a 500+ HP ICE car will be a small group of enthusiasts who understand tire-tradeoffs and have accepted the need for increased maintenance/wear costs vs a conventional vehicle.

But there are many M3LR and especially M3P buyers who come from average cars who never would have considered such equivalents in ICE.

I don't think most people should be buying the M3P anyway, the disadvantage of range, efficiency, tire wear and ride are not what most people would prefer.

Reactions: vickh
I think the main difference is the types of people buying those cars. People buying a 500+ HP ICE car will be a small group of enthusiasts who understand tire-tradeoffs and have accepted the need for increased maintenance/wear costs vs a conventional vehicle.

But there are many M3LR and especially M3P buyers who come from average cars who never would have considered such equivalents in ICE.

I don't think most people should be buying the M3P anyway, the disadvantage of range, efficiency, tire wear and ride are not what most people would prefer.
A Kia Stinger weighs 4,100+ lbs, an Acura TLX Type-S weighs 4,200 lbs. I guarantee the people that buy those cars never talk about how they need to get special tires for their cars because they are so heavy. They still have to get XL tires just like a Tesla Model 3 would require. The Tesla Model 3 isn’t heavy at all.

Reactions: XPsionic
A Kia Stinger weighs 4,100+ lbs, an Acura TLX Type-S weighs 4,200 lbs. I guarantee the people that buy those cars never talk about how they need to get special tires for their cars because they are so heavy. They still have to get XL tires just like a Tesla Model 3 would require. The Tesla Model 3 isn’t heavy at all.
Agree. I think the main issue is people buying the P with summer performance tires and low treads and then saying it eats tires because of the weight.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd