Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three weeks and my biggest disapointment in the Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this has already been posted but that PSI in that tire size is going to suck no matter what car you drive. Typical rule of thumb is 10PSI for every 1000lbs for appropriate handling, ride, and wear. So this car should only need 38PSI tops. Now I know a lot of people will scream "But my miles will go down per charge!" Yup, they sure will. Why doesn't the manufacturer do this? Because this is how they test. With tires as hard as rocks so that as little of the tread touching the ground as possible causing as little resistance getting those extra few miles. HOWEVER, what they have found is that is that at too high or too low a PSI, you'll burn through them quicker. So if you're trying to save money by getting more per charge, make sure you relate it to buying tires more often. So, in the end, play around with the PSI and make it as comfortable as you can without going below the formula mentioned above. Go ahead, you deserve it. Quit watching the range and enjoy this car!. Also, research your next set of tires carefully on Tire Rack. There are many great tires out there that simply are not put on by the manufacturer due to partnerships and overall monetary reasons for OEM.

Maybe this has already been posted but that PSI in that tire size is going to suck no matter what car you drive. Typical rule of thumb is 10PSI for every 1000lbs for appropriate handling, ride, and wear. So this car should only need 38PSI tops. Now I know a lot of people will scream "But my miles will go down per charge!" Yup, they sure will. Why doesn't the manufacturer do this? Because this is how they test. With tires as hard as rocks so that as little of the tread touching the ground as possible causing as little resistance getting those extra few miles. HOWEVER, what they have found is that is that at too high or too low a PSI, you'll burn through them quicker. So if you're trying to save money by getting more per charge, make sure you relate it to buying tires more often. So, in the end, play around with the PSI and make it as comfortable as you can without going below the formula mentioned above. Go ahead, you deserve it. Quit watching the range and enjoy this car!. Also, research your next set of tires carefully on Tire Rack. There are many great tires out there that simply are not put on by the manufacturer due to partnerships and overall monetary reasons for OEM.
I just hope the 3 doesn't trigger low tire pressure warning below 40 like the S does.

Well guess what? I know it will be hard for some of you to belive, but Tesla agrees with me, the ride is too harsh. The car is in the shop and they are upgrading the suspension.

Also, it is very disappointing that this forum deleted my orginal post with the Model 3 / Leaf test. This is getting to be a lot like Fox News - only one opinion is allowed.

It is not the only problem with the car. If you want to see our first month review it's here:

Well guess what? I know it will be hard for some of you to belive, but Tesla agrees with me, the ride is too harsh. The car is in the shop and they are upgrading the suspension.

Also, it is very disappointing that this forum deleted my orginal post with the Model 3 / Leaf test. This is getting to be a lot like Fox News - only one opinion is allowed.

It is not the only problem with the car. If you want to see our first month review it's here
Good, much better review! It does not come as a surprise to me that Tesla is doing something about your suspension. It has been reported that Tesla is giving the option to owners whose cars were built prior to 12/25 to change their suspension. Some owners like the suspension the way it is, some, like you want something softer. So Tesla has responded by trying to make owners happy. Regarding your other concerns in your video, I feel certain that Tesla will do everything they can to fix things to your requirements, over time.

All's well that goes well.

It is not the only problem with the car. If you want to see our first month review it's here:

What do you mean, deleted your original post? Aren't you talking about the first post on this thread, because it has your Model 3/Leaf test?

Good, much better review! It does not come as a surprise to me that Tesla is doing something about your suspension. It has been reported that Tesla is giving the option to owners whose cars were built prior to 12/25 to change their suspension. Some owners like the suspension the way it is, some, like you want something softer. So Tesla has responded by trying to make owners happy.

So does this mean 3s built after 12/25 have different suspension than those built before?