Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Blow Out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting video on Michelin's site ....
Claims "all performance charcteristics other than sound are maintained ... noise decreased by 20%"

Michelin Acoustic Technology

As is this, same site:
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 12.15.50 AM.png

Now I have to go back, find the MT article and see what frequency (-ies) did they measure, where did they measure it, and what was the precision of their meter?

Last edited:
The guy did an OK job of the change. The car drop was meaningless. Can be really tough to get that type jack to release gently. Not a big deal to lower the car quickly. He even properly torqued the lugs something most tire people never do.

Cut the guy some slack. Kinda of a jerky thing to video a poor guy fixing your blown tire in wet nasty weather. Hope you offered to tip him well and thanked him for coming out in the rain to save you.

Tire damage looks like a sharp edge hit. Curb or chuck hole. Doesn't have to damage the rim to ruin the tire. The three ladies in my world have given me incredible experience with curb cuts destroying tires. They have even taken out right side front and rear with out a bit of scratch on either rim.....twice. Just turned into a driveway a little fast and caught the curb upslope area.