Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure display in Canada (and all Metric?) in BAR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, is it the same for all cars around the world that switch to displaying speed in km ?

Who measures tire pressure using bar ? But that said I've actually come to enjoy it.

For some reason it's more accurate than the PSI display, eg.

In USA setting it could show
45 45
45 45
But in Metric it may show
3.1 3.0
3.0 3.1

Sorry to the OCD crowd usually set to Miles who didn't know this :D

So anyway I made a Tweet to @TeslaMotors asking why the screen doesn't match the placard (which shows PSI and kPa which is the usual Metric equiv.) but now I think that knowing the multiple of typical barometric earth pressure (that's what it is right ?) is just fine with me.

And now that I think about it, my bet is that's how the sensor reports the raw data...

Reactions: Paul Carter
Totally agree. Here in Australia we use PSI for tire pressure and kilometres for speed.
If I want to see pressure in PSI I have to switch to Imperial, but then my sped is in miles. Good way to get booked! "Officer I was only doing 105!"
Needs to be its own toggle button.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lex
Yes, agreed Shock, its own toggle, there is plenty of room on that particular "settings" / "controls" page as I recall. PSI / kPa / Bar slider (are on-screen sliders suddenly now a licensed item or something ??)

So since my my first report I have (for the first time ever* that I am 70percentish thinking never happened before in 18+ months of regularly checking) witnessed the opposite to happen... and not just once but a few times.

eg.

km / metric =
3.1 3.1
3.1 3.1

miles / USA =
44 45
45 44

* might have happened before, but at least I seemed to always notice it more saying the same in PSI and different in Bar.