Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To De-Badge or not?

De-badge?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
87CA0A87-D58E-45B5-B0FA-F0F0CCE9D1DB.jpeg

Did a quick photoshop to see what it could look like. With the other rear mods I kinda like the clean look of the de-badge. Curious what others think.

Not trying to hide the battery size or anything, don’t really care about that...just evaluating the aesthetics.

It's your car: Do what you want.

When I'm out driving, watching for 3s and Ss (and Xs), I identify them by whether or not there's chrome on the front or rear. My wife does ID by checking the door handle arrangement and how the DRLs look. Neither of us think driving up close on the freeway or walking around a car in a parking lot is a good idea when it's so easy to see what they are.

And the general public could care less. The word T-E-S-L-A is enough. Most of them don't know I can beat them at the light and won't race me anyway (Darn!). Wish I had a 100D, though. Or a 120!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
It's your car, make it look the way you like.

It's your car: Do what you want.

Of course, was just seeing what the consensus was and it seems pretty divisive so far on the votes. Think I'm going to remove them for the clean look.

Black out the license plate frames. Especially if you get the black plates, it looks so much cleaner.

I actually just ordered a custom carbon fiber frame from eBay so I'll see how that looks. I'm getting a vanity plate that uses a special symbol so I'm stuck getting the kids plate and can't go with the black retro plate.

Real Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame for TESLA S X 3 | eBay

Where did you get the carbon fiber vinyl on the rear chrome piece. I like the red lettering too.

The vinyl I had done at a local wrap/ceramic shop. Just $100 for wrapping the one piece and had them match the weave direction from the spoiler I have. The lettering and T logo are plasti-dip that I did myself. It's some luxury metallic volcanic red color. It's darker than the hot rod red that the calipers are colored but I like the more subtle red against the carbon fiber. If you do get this color and try it yourself be sure to get a can of regular black to lay down as a base coat cause the red metallic specks gets everywhere and is hard to clean off.

I'll debadge only when the chrome effect on the letters starts to splotch and degrade and doesn't look bright and shiny anymore.

But so far, these badges are holding up great, better than some other cars I've had.

When you debadge a model S it starts to look more like a model 3, which is very sparse on badges.