Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next up on the track mode saga.Tesla offers a performance upgrade package for the performance model 3 owners who did not purchase the performance upgrade package. It will be called the performance upgrade package (PUP). Not to be mistaken with the factory upgraded performance upgrade package (PUP) or premium upgrade package (PUP).
It will include bigger brakes that fit under 19” sports, it’s lowered 5mm, and is capable of a top speed of 150mph. P3D+ owners are furious with Tesla because they wanted a performance upgrade package with wheel options other than the 20”.

Next up on the track mode saga.Tesla offers a performance upgrade package for the performance model 3 owners who did not purchase the performance upgrade package. It will be called the performance upgrade package (PUP). Not to be mistaken with the factory upgraded performance upgrade package (PUP) or premium upgrade package (PUP).
It will include bigger brakes that fit under 19” sports, it’s lowered 5mm, and is capable of a top speed of 150mph. P3D+ owners are furious with Tesla because they wanted a performance upgrade package with wheel options other than the 20”.

Pretty much. I want to decouple PUP on my car because the Model 3 with 20 inch wheels has the same range as my Model X towing a boat.

Tesla screwing everyone. YAYYYYY!!

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and P85_DA
Pretty much. I want to decouple PUP on my car because the Model 3 with 20 inch wheels has the same range as my Model X towing a boat.

Tesla screwing everyone. YAYYYYY!!

But hey, you're on a boat!

Yeah, but now they have to pay extra for those. Assuming Tesla even has availability on 19" rims aftermarket right now?

Model 3 19" Sport Wheel and Winter Tire Package - Actually, I wonder if you'll need a special spacer as well on the stock 18/19" because of the weird PUP rotor hub flange.

Last I heard the 18" rims were considered a no-go for fitting over the larger calipers.

However, judging from photos, I'd be surprised if the 19" rims didn't fit over them.

Sorry I accidentally put that. If I knew i could fit 18" Aeros, I'd buy the PUP right now (as my car is still in build), and swap the tires as needed, but I can't so the P3D+ situation is just not for me.

The closest alternative is TSportline's 18" + buying the MXM4 from TireRack for roughly $2600. You still won't have Aero covers but range hit wont be as bad (5% instead of 15%).

The cheapest option is buy a LRR 20" tires while utilizing the existing rims. MXM4's with acoustic foam doesn't exist in 20" range, and the reduce sidewall does impact road feel from various individuals who've driven both.

Whine enough, and you'll eventually get what you want: Tesla confirms it's working on an aftermarket Model 3 Performance Upgrade package - Roadshow

Doesn't work in my house, but Tesla needs to make money. LOL[

"The Performance Upgrade package consists of a few things in addition to an enabled Track mode. Specifically, the uprated brakes, suspension and tires. These things are pretty critical on a car with the capabilities of the Model 3 Performance, and enabling a Track mode that allows more movement from a car without them would border on irresponsible."

Gives people options to get the software, but from what everyone says here - they are going to throw away Tesla's wheels and tires the movement it leaves the service center? So not 100% sure where the win is other than to give people the option to "retroactively" bring car up to 3P+ status in the future? Track software option would basically cost $5,000.

Do people still listen to Ludacris?

Personally, I want a ludicrous mode that drops 0-60 to under 3 seconds.
I guess my old self is stuck on word of mouf and red light district. Under 3 seconds would be fun, maybe it can shout something too so the people trying to race us can hear us. Won't see us, but maybe they'll hear something besides a whoosh :)