Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Xhawk101... Getting your beautiful red today? Sure would like to see one... Our delivery is still a couple weeks out.

Hasn't arrived on truck yet :( apparently the truck had several stops before mine as opposed to a direct shipments who knows should be any day now. Perhaps there are some deliveries in Atlanta which may proceed mine? Definitely wish they had a tracking system like FedEx! I sold my car On eBay and as of tomorrow I will be renting one until it arrives...

from my Samsung galaxy s3

Hasn't arrived on truck yet :( apparently the truck had several stops before mine as opposed to a direct shipments who knows should be any day now. Perhaps there are some deliveries in Atlanta which may proceed mine? Definitely wish they had a tracking system like FedEx! I sold my car On eBay and as of tomorrow I will be renting one until it arrives...

Stop in ATL would be awesome! Although I haven't even been given and end-of-line date yet, so doubtful mine is already on a truck...
Look forward to your pics also xhawk!

Stop in ATL would be awesome! Although I haven't even been given and end-of-line date yet, so doubtful mine is already on a truck...
Look forward to your pics also xhawk!

Also apparently there is some degree of tracking but for this truck "due to an error on a check box " they don't have any additional tracking info..

@Andrewket and @laalan: I think I got penalized twice, first for the rear seats and second one for the Performance Plus package. Mine is Red, Black interior, carbon fiber décor, pano, tech, audio, rear seats, performance plus, twin charger, HPWC, parcel and Gray 21" wheels. I don't even know when I will get my car but my tesla site states they will release my order to factory today. I guess that translate to getting my car like in a month or so from now but not sure. I would like to see How the red looks with the Gray wheels. Need PICS!!!! please

@andrewket, (PLG ZEN), how did you add perf+?? I asked Tesla if I could add it and they said it's too late...
@miamind What did you guys have to pay to add on perf+. I just checked my records and I asked if I could add it on, on 4/4 - I got a call back from Tesla and they told me over the phone it could not be done because car is already queued up for the factory, but given that I have a much higher reservation sequence number than you (@andrewket) I'm beginning to wonder if it depend on who you talk to...

By the way, how much did you have to pay extra to add this on?

Last edited:
andrewket, (PLG ZEN), how did you add perf+?? I asked Tesla if I could add it and they said it's too late...

When I added the Performance Plus package to my car, and I am P14291, was on the same day that they posted the Performance Plus package @ Tesla website. I received a confirmation email on 04/02/2013. I guess in my case I was just on time to do the update but pushing my delivery date approx. 1 month.

That makes sense, but andrewket is 5,059, way before either of us, and he added the option on 4/8 - a full 3 days after I was told it couldn't be done.

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting the rear facing seats as well, but I finalized on 2/7 -- maybe that has something to do with it... Or Tesla does different things depending on who you talk to (also a real possibility...)

I missed that. I agreed maybe because Andrewket upgraded to rear facing seats on the right time for him to be pushed back enough in the production line that he was able to add the Performance Plus package on time. Sometimes I just think the answers are random. A little bit frustrating.

I missed that. I agreed maybe because Andrewket upgraded to rear facing seats on the right time for him to be pushed back enough in the production line that he was able to add the Performance Plus package on time. Sometimes I just think the answers are random. A little bit frustrating.

This. Ironically, Tesla didn't live up to their commitment that adding the 3rd row would not have any affect on my delivery date. It turns out it delayed my order 5-6 weeks, just enough to be able to add perf+. I called Tesla on the day perf+ was announced. The order was changed that day, but there was a bunch of back-and-forth on what the price was going to be, since like you, I still had 2012 pricing. At one point I was told they would give me a $3,500 credit since I already had the 21's, and charge me $3,000. Then Tesla told me $6,500, because it's a 2013 option and they never intended for someone with 2012 pricing to order perf+ (think marginal cost-marginal pricing). Ultimately Tesla "fixed" an error on their configuration tool such that you cannot select perf+ without first selecting 21"s, thus bringing the total price to $10k. With 2012 pricing I still don't have to pay for the 21's (part of regular perf), so perf+ is costing me an additional $6,500. Rumor is the retrofit is going to cost around $9k and won't include everything. The 4/8 date on my signature was the date that all the pricing mahem came to a resolution. The order itself was changed days earlier - with me accepting the risk that the price was unclear.

I'm really sorry you weren't able to add perf+. My guess is your order is days or maybe a week ahead of me in the build queue. FYI - it's the finalized date that really matters. The sequence number was only used to control the order in which people could finalize. Once I changed my order to add the 3rd row my early sequence number hasn't provided any value.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the comments about damage. Is there a reason that this is any different than driving the car on the freeway once you get it?

There is no difference and that's really the point. Many people want to get the paint in pristine condition and immediately put a paint protectant on it (Xpel, 3M, etc). Having it open to the elements makes a blemish or chip more likely before int can be protected.