Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you didn't order the tech package , do you still get a standard rear view camera instead of a high definition one, plus do you get an alarm and immobilizer? I'm sorry I'm asking here but it's not clear on the website and my delivery is April 24-May 7!

Quick question re sequencing of events. I have my VIN. Completed final paperwork. Mailed final payment. My car appeared in the app today (though not active, of course). At what point in the build process does it appear in the app? Is it just before testing? Just before it loads on the carrier for transport? Just curious as my pick up is next Friday in White Plains but would love to get it faster. Thoughts?

I don't really understand the comments about damage. Is there a reason that this is any different than driving the car on the freeway once you get it?

I understood that the cars were shipped in enclosed 18 wheelers, thus protected from the elements, road debris, and the like. Most of the early delivery posts showed that. Thus shipping in standard open carriers without the car covered is new to me. I want the car delivered in as pristine condition as possible. Shipping them this way means something far from pristine, requiring much more work for a detailer to get it in ideal condition.

I understood that the cars were shipped in enclosed 18 wheelers, thus protected from the elements, road debris, and the like. Most of the early delivery posts showed that. Thus shipping in standard open carriers without the car covered is new to me. I want the car delivered in as pristine condition as possible. Shipping them this way means something far from pristine, requiring much more work for a detailer to get it in ideal condition.

For what is is worth, almost all of the car carriers I have seen in the loading area behind the Factory are COVERED Vans. I was surprised to see the picture of the open carrier on 880 this weekend.

I kind of suspect that open carriers may be used for short distance delivery. I have seen a lot of closed carriers heading south on US 101, but have yet to see a Tesla on an open one. Yes, I know, - if they are closed how do I know what's in them? I don't. But there are very few auto manufacturers north of San Jose, and lots of carriers heading south (covered).

I kind of suspect that open carriers may be used for short distance delivery. I have seen a lot of closed carriers heading south on US 101, but have yet to see a Tesla on an open one. Yes, I know, - if they are closed how do I know what's in them? I don't. But there are very few auto manufacturers north of San Jose, and lots of carriers heading south (covered).

Thanks. In spite of that photo I'm quite confident the cars shipped any distance will be in closed carriers.

I got mine as well, must have gone out in the same email batch. My window is 5/8 - 5/22.
No home delivery option either, and I emailed asking about that as well...
I suspect they are delivering so many cars now that it's just not practical to do it anymore as they don't have the manpower to keep up...
P.S. @andrewket Thanks for the report on Perf+

I got my e-mail at 6:51pm, just after I finished completing my delivery details. Let us know your delivery window so we can compare notes.

Looks like May 6-20. I did not finalize until 2/11. I need to call a DS tomorrow though as my only option was St. Louis service center delivery and I would like to explore the possibility of Chicago delivery in order to take advantage of Tesla Financing. (I believe Daveruns is doing the same?).