Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Artsci - who is your detailer? I'm trying to find the appropriate candidate down here in the DC area. Recommendations are welcome from all.

Diamond Detail, 10606 Beaver Dam Road, Cockeysville, MD. They're right off 83 North. They also have mobile detailing, for which you pay a bit extra. As I don't yet have final delivery date for my Model S I've not yet made the appointment, but I will as soon as I have the date.

During the factory tour, I saw quite a few multi-coat reds in various stages of the assembly line, so I have no doubt that a bunch of them will be coming off the line next week or soon. There was one with a 8377 tag on it (wasn't sure it it was the reservation number or VIN). It still needed the battery, front and rear drivetrains and electric motor!

At my 2pm factory pick-up time, there were 3 other customers with their families picking up a White, Brown and Black Model S. I could be wrong - so was totally distracted by my red car. :)

xfrank - Love your virtual ride!

We took the same ride out for the day and had a great time in the hills, on the highway and around the SF Bay Area.
Here are a few more pics in the sun.
2013-04-13 13.20.28r.jpg
2013-04-13 13.20.45r.jpg
2013-04-13 13.21.01r.jpg
2013-04-13 13.21.36r.jpg
2013-04-13 13.21.53r.jpg
2013-04-13 13.24.26r.jpg
2013-04-13 15.00.54r.jpg
2013-04-13 15.01.10r.jpg
2013-04-13 15.06.01r.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I must add, the pictures do not do the color justice.

During the factory tour, I saw quite a few multi-coat reds in various stages of the assembly line, so I have no doubt that a bunch of them will be coming off the line next week or soon. There was one with a 8377 tag on it (wasn't sure it it was the reservation number or VIN). It still needed the battery, front and rear drivetrains and electric motor!

At my 2pm factory pick-up time, there were 3 other customers with their families picking up a White, Brown and Black Model S. I could be wrong - so was totally distracted by my red car. :)

That is the VIN...I think we were on the same factory tour and I got a lot closer to the paperwork on the car. That was my second factory tour and I am in awe by how transformational this company is.

xfrank - Love your virtual ride!

We took the same ride out for the day and had a great time in the hills, on the highway and around the SF Bay Area.
Here are a few more pics in the sun.
View attachment 20068View attachment 20069View attachment 20070View attachment 20071View attachment 20072View attachment 20073View attachment 20074View attachment 20075View attachment 20076

- - - Updated - - -

I must add, the pictures do not do the color justice.

Wow the color looks fantastic even in pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just picked up my multi-coat red at the Fremont Tesla factory this afternoon. Speechless. :) Here're some of my pics:
Tesla Model S - Red Multi-coat Paint - Google+

Thanks for posting. The color is incredible .

Looks like you have the 21inch wheels vs DLM's 19 inch. Both look great. For any other lurking photographers out there, it would be interesting to see photos of a version without the panoramic roof, and more shots to see how the interiors coordinate.

Looks good! I ended up going with black leather because of the red piping on the perf models. Normally I prefer some contrast. Red/Grey looks good. imho, Red will look fine with all 3 interior options.