Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As andrewket noted, I have had numeous telephone conversations with Elon's office, George's office and Joost himself this past week. During one of the discussions, I mentioned that I originally wanted the red paint but changed color because of my concern that I would not get the car before the MD sales tax credit expires in June.

As andrewket noted, I have had numeous telephone conversations with Elon's office, George's office and Joost himself this past week. During one of the discussions, I mentioned that I originally wanted the red paint but changed color because of my concern that I would not get the car before the MD sales tax credit expires in June.

Ah, well then. Thanks for the update!

As for the April 8 date, while I'm glad to have a target to shoot for, I can't help but be a tad disappointed. I know it's only another three weeks, but on the other hand..... IT'S ANOTHER THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!

This is a pretty good indicator of the various moods I'm feeling at the moment:

:smile::confused::cursing::scared::mad::eek:

It turns out my wife got a call from Tesla today regarding a model X reservation we have (we have two, decided to cancel one of them.) During the call, the person at Tesla said that she saw them testing the red paint on the floor today.

Saw the chatter here today, particularly swegman's April 8 date, so shot an email to Tesla. Note back said "... looks like your car is set to finish production on 4/15, an email should be sent to you soon to begin scheduling your delivery."

This syncs up pretty well with the April 8 date. Assuming it's on time, travel across the country, time at the service center, etc, I'd say an end of April delivery date is likely. I'll update, of course, if/when I receive a call.

I believe it's on track for April as stated, but not that the Tesla employee calling about a model X saw it "tested on the floor today"

I'm just reporting what my wife was told. The rep was trying to get my wife to switch the X res to a S res, and my wife replied that I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of a red S. The rep volunteer the info. To be clear, my impression was that they were testing the paint or process, not an assembled red car.

I'm just reporting what my wife was told. The rep was trying to get my wife to switch the X res to a S res, and my wife replied that I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of a red S. The rep volunteer the info. To be clear, my impression was that they were testing the paint or process, not an assembled red car.

I'll take any interpretation that RED has been seen in the factory as a positive, even if they were painting the floor

Saw the chatter here today, particularly swegman's April 8 date, so shot an email to Tesla. Note back said "... looks like your car is set to finish production on 4/15, an email should be sent to you soon to begin scheduling your delivery."

This syncs up pretty well with the April 8 date. Assuming it's on time, travel across the country, time at the service center, etc, I'd say an end of April delivery date is likely. I'll update, of course, if/when I receive a call.

I gave Tesla call a few minutes ago. "John" reports that my car was submitted to the factory on 3/13. He did not have any other information - build week, date it should finish production, etc.