Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car from factory today...very nice color indeed! Factory tour was awesome and saw younger kids in the tour as well. Lots of reds!! This forum has been very useful..thanks!
Wrapping it up in xpel ultimate (full front) tomorrow... Tint later next week.

TODD !!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! This one is mine. I just talked to Glover today, and unfortunately he pushed back my delivery from Monday to Tuesday or Wednesday. Grrrrr!!!

I've been in Phoenix at a meeting, and they will be doing home delivery in Amarillo after I return.

This is the first glimpse of my Model S, and I thank you so much!!!
VIN #9448, your car is prepped and waiting for you at the Dallas Service Center. ;-)

View attachment 21116

Quick off-topic story: Am traveling to Dallas on business and decided to drop by and see a Tesla service center in person because, hey, that's what normal, sane, rational people do, right? Go out of their way to visit an AUTO SERVICE CENTER?

Ahem, anyways.... So I drop by the Dallas Service Center and introduce myself to Glover who stops everything he's doing and spends the next 20 minutes showing me around and talking Tesla with me (I would have probably talked to him for hours about all things Tesla, but I already felt like a total heel for taking this busy guy away from his job).

The center is small and tucked out of the way, but clean and very nice looking. So much different than a normal auto mechanic's shop. Glover was super-nice, super-knowledgable, and super-accommodating and I was thrilled to get a chance to talk to him.

Just like so many others have noted, this service center is absolutely packed with Teslas - I could barely find a place to park my rental ICE! Though a few were in for their 12.5k maintenance (already!), most were waiting to be picked up.

Slightly back on topic: Though I'm only a week or so out from getting my own (hopefully), this was the first time I've ever laid eyes on the multi-coat red and it was I N C R E D I B L E!!!!!!!! They had just about every color Tesla possible on the lot outside of brown (which was my test-drive car, so I'd already seen that), so for the first time I got to see all the colors at once. They even had a Sig Red inside and, I'm sorry Sig owners, the multi-coat beats the pants off that color IMO! All the colors were beautiful (and that Dolphin Grey is damn nice), but the multi-coat red is just extraordinary. It is unbelievably eye-catching and just works so well on the Model S that I'm astounded.

I thought this little visit would help my Tesla-induced mania, but it has unfortunately only fueled the fire. Now if only my DS would let me know when the hell I'll be getting my final paperwork so I can get my hands on my own red!!!!!

Now back to your normally scheduled programming. ;-)

TODD !!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! This one is mine. I just talked to Glover today, and unfortunately he pushed back my delivery from Monday to Tuesday or Wednesday. Grrrrr!!!

I've been in Phoenix at a meeting, and they will be doing home delivery in Amarillo after I return.

This is the first glimpse of my Model S, and I thank you so much!!!

Hey, Reddy!

It's so cool to find out that this is a TMC poster's car! I love this forum! ;-)

Your car is absolutely beautiful inside and out, and I'll always remember it as the very first red Model S I ever saw. I hate that your delivery got pushed back, but I know you'll love it as soon as you get it!

(PS - It had a couple of spots where it looked like they didn't quite get all of the gunk from the plastic protective film off the paint - make sure they buff that out for you.)

--------

As a side delivery note, my DS informed me yesterday that my car would arrive to the Atlanta service center on Wednesday, May 8. Add in a couple of days for prep, detailing and transportation to Tennessee and if I'm very lucky I might just have my car next weekend! Fingers crossed!

Anyone in the Pacific Northwest waiting on a New Red? My wife spotted this carrier this afternoon with three cars on it -- including 2 New Reds -- on 80 East in the North Bay, likely headed for Interstate 5 and thus, quite possibly, the Bellevue store. Hope these belong to TMC posters!

photo.JPG

We just picked up our car today at the Seattle service center... Ben was awesome and spent ample time with us going over every detail. We are so happy with this unbelievably gorgeous color! And it was a beautiful sunny day for our first drive home. Here are a couple of pics of it in our garage.
T1.jpg
T2.jpg

We just picked up our car today at the Seattle service center... Ben was awesome and spent ample time with us going over every detail. We are so happy with this unbelievably gorgeous color! And it was a beautiful sunny day for our first drive home. Here are a couple of pics of it in our garage.View attachment 21503View attachment 21504

Jesus c. Jealous of your gorgeous garage! Congrats and hope you have many sunny days (though that's one area I will beat you :))

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats Saxena! She's a beauty! The spoiler looks like it is matte. Do you like it? I think I do. Just curious...did your cup holder come with cinchers? I have given up hope on the fog lights.

Hi Panacea. Yes, the spoiloer is matte and we are really liking its texture and contrast with the shiny red. We checked our cup holders and no cinchers, but it does have a rubber mat at the bottom. We noticed 2 indentations at the bottom that look like maybe something was meant to go there (poss. cinchers?)

- - - Updated - - -

Ps what did u use for flooring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi hawk. Yes, I am sure you will have many more sunny days in Florida than we will get here in Seattle. We are jealous of your sunny weather. The flooring is from RaceDeck and simply snaps together in whatever pattern you want to make. You can design it on their web site and submit for an estimate.

Gratz on the delivery. I happened to hop by the service center to (excuse) check the lug nuts but (reality) enjoy the 80+F degree weather!

I saw a red while I was there. Not sure if was yours or not, but it did look pretty.

OK, my car just came alive in the Tesla app within the last hour. What's the shortest time anyone's had between a "heartbeat" in the app and pickup? Or, put another way, does anyone know how much is left in the delivery process after the car is alive? Is it worth berating my DS to see if the Saturday pickup is still an option?
Hey Bill. It was 9 days for me from App on to actual delivery in Arizona. Car was ready at factory about 3 days before so if it was factory pickup it would have been 6 days.
I would suggest you post to and review the 1st post of this thread and look at the spreadsheet. A few people mention app alive in their comments (mine included).

Talked to my new logistics contact yesterday. He's saying that he thinks I should have my car by May 15, but he also intimated that they're trying to underpromise and over deliver. So I'm hopeful that I'll have it sooner.

Regardless, the final countdown has begun (de da de daaaaaa, de da de da daaaaaaaaa). Hopefully at the latest I'm now 10 days out.

10 very long days......

;-)

We took delivery of our car on Friday. Still having a blast. Completed over 12-15 test rides for family and friends, showing off the theme park acceleration ;-). Love the color and kids love the 3rd row seat!!
View attachment 21568View attachment 21569View attachment 21570

Your image links don't work. Please try reposting. Would love to see!

@ BillShepp, I'm told that they are trying to wait now until the car is virtually completed before they activate the app. So just a few days perhaps... as it was causing unnecessary heartache for both he owner (and factory staff) - seeing the car stationary for so many days while it was being built. In fact at first they were unaware that customers were able to track as early as they were.

Last edited: