Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gpetti,

ill bet our cars will be on the same truck! I've been asked if Dec. 30 would be a problem and unfortunately I leave that day so requested the 29, 28, or 27th.

I also went went with all options nut the 3rd row.

Will have aves to meet so I have another geek to talk to - my family thinks I'm going nuts!
For sure. We should try to set up a Calgary meet. Maybe when the Canmore charger opens we can travel in a convoy :)

Yep got the same call. I didn't choose the Smart Air Suspension, and apparently my order would essentially be held hostage for two months if I don't add the $2250 option. Whats next, am I going to get more phone calls later saying that I need to add the Sound package and 21" or there will be delay? lol.

This is a little different than my case, if you were a confirmed P85D order and they punted your build to 2015? I assumed confirmed order holders would be honored, and that I was just missing the cut. It is pretty easy to drop, when you get "here it is, there it's not", or "let me tell you how good the air suspension is", by someone who isn't prepared with specifications. That's like selling grey, to a green order holder.

For the 1st Tesla, this summer/fall I passed on so many "everything" 2013's, looking for coils & "P". I hope it doesn't happen again, or that the dominance of air doesn't drown away the coil option, as a self-fulfilling, streamlined, prophesy. I think it would be too bad, as the way it stands, the 2015's are already starting to look more valuable.

Last edited:
This is a little different than my case, if you were a confirmed P85D order and they punted your build to 2015? I assumed confirmed order holders would be honored, and that I was just missing the cut. It is pretty easy to drop, when you get "here it is, there it's not", or "let me tell you how good the air suspension is", by someone who isn't prepared with specifications. That's like selling grey, to a green order holder.

For the 1st Tesla, this summer/fall I passed on so many "everything" 2013's, looking for coils & "P". I hope it doesn't happen again, or that the dominance of air doesn't drown away the coil option, as a self-fulfilling, streamlined, prophesy. I think it would be too bad, as the way it stands, the 2015's are already starting to look more valuable.

So far the coil P85D orders are just being told there will be a delay. It hadn't really occurred to me that they would possibly decide not to make them based on streamlining. If they discontinue coil P85D vehicles without making any after having made people with those orders wait I expect there to be some pretty upset customers. I hope that Tesla has learned that they shouldn't start refusing to build cars in configurations they've sold based on the green/brown/black roof/60D situation (with the reasonable limitation that you can't delay delivery of certain options they want to discontinue).

But even with the current situation it seems to me like this is another case of poor planning on the part of Tesla. Shouldn't they have told customers wanting coil P85D that they couldn't do it right now but that they were working on the engineering solution and then when that solution was ready add the option to the order page?

Over on the Q1 2014 tracking thread (which really ended up having a tracking spreadsheet for all of 2014) we're discussing starting a new thread/spreadsheet for order/delivery tracking.

Think of it as one order/delivery tracker to rule them all. :)

To that end I notice that the P85D orders are almost exclusively in the spreadsheet for this thread. I'd like to get all the data in one place. So I'm wondering if there are any objections to taking the data in this thread spreadsheet and merging it into a single sheet with non-P85D orders.

I also understand there's some value in just seeing P85D orders. So I'd like to find a way to make the spreadsheet filter on order type so the single spreadsheet can still be as useful as the current sheet.

Lastly, the spreadsheet has open editing, which has been proven to be fine. I'd also like to adopt the charts and other interesting improvements that are on this sheet.

Over on the Q1 2014 tracking thread (which really ended up having a tracking spreadsheet for all of 2014) we're discussing starting a new thread/spreadsheet for order/delivery tracking.

Think of it as one order/delivery tracker to rule them all. :)

To that end I notice that the P85D orders are almost exclusively in the spreadsheet for this thread. I'd like to get all the data in one place. So I'm wondering if there are any objections to taking the data in this thread spreadsheet and merging it into a single sheet with non-P85D orders.

I also understand there's some value in just seeing P85D orders. So I'd like to find a way to make the spreadsheet filter on order type so the single spreadsheet can still be as useful as the current sheet.

Lastly, the spreadsheet has open editing, which has been proven to be fine. I'd also like to adopt the charts and other interesting improvements that are on this sheet.

I think it's a good idea to add all the P85D info in the master spreadsheet, but I would also keep the one Andrew created to just see P85D orders and compare production & delivery dates.

Would there be a way to link the two, where edits from Andrew's would update the master sheet automatically?

I think it's a good idea to add all the P85D info in the master spreadsheet, but I would also keep the one Andrew created to just see P85D orders and compare production & delivery dates.

Would there be a way to link the two, where edits from Andrew's would update the master sheet automatically?

I don't think so. But I do think we can provide views that filter everything out by order type. I am fully aware of the usefulness of just looking at P85D orders and want to serve all those uses without needing to duplicate data collection. Once we get into January I think it'll be useful to see similar info on 85D orders as well.

Wow what a day.. I always reserved my "red" car for a ferrari but now MS takes it. I just changed my order from P85D to a S85 demo car and taking delivery in a week or so. The demo car had just 113 miles and 10K discount (no autopilot which i never cared for). Will order the P85D in May as my second MS before the sales tax comes into play in WA and enough time to convince my SO to give up her ICE.

If production starts on the 24th, it's totally doable if it only takes 4-5 days to build it. Then they have a week to ship it, including the weekend.

That's exactly the scenario I was quoted: car will be built during the second week of December, which would take about a week, and then transport to Ohio would take 5-7 days, for an estimated delivery during the "weekend" of 12/22, according to the DS. My VIN is 63676.

In production!!!!!!

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

- - - Updated - - -

inproductionwoot.jpg

Edit:
OK, excited now. :D

Status changed from Confirmed to In Production between 3:30PM and 4PM eastern time.

Last edited: