Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you spot your car? I found this car carrier with six P85D cars and an 85 in Santa Nella along i5.

Attachments

• IMG_6060.jpg
    IMG_6060.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 2,457
  • IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 1,941
I learned this afternoon that one of the dealer prep steps is to replace "factory" software with the latest "end user" version of software on the car. Which begs the question -- how does the odometer get protected from hacking? What if our cars run a zillion miles on the factory software and that ODO reading gets overwritten with "50 miles" when the first round of end user software goes on the car? Who's to know? On the bright side, at least our lifetime average power consumption isn't skewed by all the drag races the factory folks are having with our cars right now. :)

FWIW, the odometer doesn't actually say 50 when you get the car, it's just what they write on the paperwork. Mine came with 23 miles on it and many Sigs were much higher.

Very nice. Good to know they're on trucks!

- - - Updated - - -

On that note, mine could be the second one on top, with the wrapping on the front, perhaps because it is traveling 3000 miles? (Looks blue, can't tell if there is a CF spoiler or not...)

Very nice. Good to know they're on trucks!

- - - Updated - - -

On that note, mine could be the second one on top, with the wrapping on the front, perhaps because it is traveling 3000 miles? (Looks blue, can't tell if there is a CF spoiler or not...)

It would be nice to see one make it to the east coast! Hope it is.

I called my DS today and was informed that I am in the last batch and the delivery will be between 12/27 and 12/31. She expects all the P85Ds will be delivered in late December (I assume North America). I had ordered a S85 on 9/2 and changed it to P85D when the tan interior became an option (64306). I asked why the delay for others and she said "didn't you get the memo from Jerome?". I said no and she thought that was strange but I told her I knew the content. I asked her if the problem was the front or rear seats and she thought it was the front seats. Then she said something interesting that the new seats got a 4.9 safety rating and Tesla would not be pleased with anything lower than the perfect 5s they have received and therefore were making the changes. It makes sense to me.

I have been promised Late December since the beginning so I can't complain. I was just hoping for a Christmas present instead of New Years. At least now I don't have to look at my dashboard twice a day.