Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trick to order parts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to order a liftgate strut as one of mine is leaking.

The parts catalog online gives no way of ordering it, nor does it give a price.

I've called all the Tesla service centers in my area and it just goes to voice mail or rings and then goes to voice mail.

Is there a trick to ordering parts from Tesla? I want to at least know the price so I can decide between new from Tesla or used...

I use the text messaging thread of a prior service. Even though I got a message saying that the service has complete and closed, they still read the text messages and ordered the parts.

Just tried this, thanks. No reply yet. Will wait a bit and then schedule an "appointment".

This would be so much easier if they just picked up the phone...

Just tried this, thanks. No reply yet. Will wait a bit and then schedule an "appointment".

Yeah. My SC has been great so far. I am a tinker with two old Teslas, so I have been buying lots of parts. One day I asked the advisor, “what is the best way to order parts without having to come here to see you”? He said, “just reply to the service text message”. I have been doing that since. I have always referred to the advisor’s name in my request, for example, “hey Brandon, I would like order xyz...”

Imagine being able to not only order parts from our app but being able to use the app to verify the part ordered fits the car you ordered it for if you so wish since they know which car you're ordering it for automatically.

Nah... that makes WAY too much sense for Tesla. They'll just continue requiring you to send smoke signals and hoping someone at the Service Center saw them.

Just about a week now and no word from Tesla..
They are switching from text messages to in-app messages (based on my last visit). I'm not sure they look at the old text messages unless there is a service case open.

I would schedule an appointment in the app w/ the details of your order. They should message you a few days prior to the appt when they triage it.

Perhaps that is what you did. If so, sorry, I cannot help.

One of the hardest things to get accustomed to in the world of Tesla. In any other "dealership", the phone menu is basically "Press 1 for Sales, 2 for Service, 3 for Parts."

I dropped in on Service (as instructed by my Delivery guy) the day after I took delivery because I had a DOA repeater camera. During business hours, the doors were closed and locked. I saw people inside so I stood at the garage door and waved. A few people walked by and pretended not to see me, but finally, someone at a desk deep inside opened the garage door. The looks I got were like I just crashed through the velvet rope at Studio 54 without a supermodel at my side. It was kind of creepy and altogether weird.

But they did look at the car, and ordered the repeater. After a couple of weeks, I gave up and bought one used from a salvage car on eBay. That's the other thing about Tesla - there is no parts distribution network. No way to buy OEM parts except through the SC.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot