Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*cough* Goldman Sachs *caugh*

Also, regarding holding a long term position as opposed to selling some and waiting for a pullback, there's no right answer. Everyone has their own strategy. Some have a long position, feel very confident in it, and will let it sit.

while I can understand the reasoning re selling in anticipation of a pullback, I agree with Stealth... we all have different strategies. afterall we all have different time frames, financial situations, and assessments of the company.

in fairness, I have dry powder anyway if the stock goes down... so I guess I'd be more tempted to sell a little if I didn't. but fundamentally, I wonder about them nailing the long term picture and maybe being 20X larger in 2025... I don't wonder too much whether I'll sorely miss $38.04 if the stock is at 36.13 soon.

one last point... as to a couple of years worth of "wish I had sold at posts". I get that. but I also think the market, and the individual investor may be re-evaluating the company now or sometime in the next year or so... I'll spare you my long list of reasons, but with awareness, I think Tesla makes more sense as a stock the wide public falls in love with than Facebook, and look how irrationally high its stock price has been due to love from the public (and to me irrationally high even when it's price got cut in half after the IPO).

I think Facebook, Tesla, and even Amazon are pretty similar in that they're all valued pretty damn high taking into consideration how big the company COULD become in the near future.

I have some money on Facebook (was lucky to get in in the low 20's), and I feel very confident that that team will get it right if you give them time. Their reach is just incredible, and I think they can see some success with e-commerce.

I feel very similarly to Tesla. My only main fear is that by the time Gen III is released, the competition may catch up somewhat. I put down a decent bit of money on Tesla over the last couple weeks, and I'm in it for the long haul. I guess it helps that I'm young and can take more risks. I have a lot of confidence Tesla won't crumble though. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Elon is legit; and he's determined.

I would prefer company push the gen3 rather than model x through but hopefully they can do both. Who am I to tell them this, it's just that I see real transformation with that than the SUV model s.

Patience. They're already progressing at warp speed, never mind that they need Model X to help fund GenIII AND more importantly develop the company, its employee skill sets, its processes etc... If they rush GenIII they'll make a mistake. Let Tesla do what Tesla does in Tesla time at Tesla pace.

The whole idea of Tesla was to push EVERYBODY, not to do it all themselves. It's an altruistic approach that has a far greater chance to succeed then a self-centered one.

Musk to give Bloomberg interview on Bloomberg tonight at six. Does anyone know whether that can be watched over Internet!
?

Is this interview tonight? I don't see anything about it on Bloomberg. Do you have a link that mentions it? Really wondering when he'll publish/ say something more about the Hyperloop :)

Would be cool to hear him announce an expanding of the supercharge network or some additional details on the bluestar.

I ended up buying another 1000 at ~37ish, hoping that in the one year or so it'll take to get my rhd signature, I'll have made up the cost of it in shares LOL.

bought another 1000 SCTY as well, so now I own 2000 of each. Lets see how we go :)

Is this interview tonight? I don't see anything about it on Bloomberg. Do you have a link that mentions it? Really wondering when he'll publish/ say something more about the Hyperloop :)

Would be cool to hear him announce an expanding of the supercharge network or some additional details on the bluestar.

i taped it on the dvr. I scanned the whole hour of Bloomberg West. He's not there. I guess he got "Matt Damon'd" (as in jimmy kimmel).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone notice how during the last 45min before the market closed TSLA was completely stuck at exactly $38.00 for a long time? Someone was eating a ton of shares at $38. It's always amusing to me to see that happen.

i taped it on the dvr. I scanned the whole hour of Bloomberg West. He's not there. I guess he got "Matt Damon'd" (as in jimmy kimmel).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone notice how during the last 45min before the market closed TSLA was completely stuck at exactly $38.00 for a long time? Someone was eating a ton of shares at $38. It's always amusing to me to see that happen.
Sorry. Saw it in news article but it didn't happen. Actually glad it didn't Why risk it now. Could get hatchet job like Cramer on solar city interview. He was there to talk about solar city and got ambushed by Cramer with tesla questions he refused to answer to keep discussion focused on solar city. Funny how microphone for solar city guy mysteriously totally quit leaving him totally out of interview

Tempting prices but the short squeeze is just starting. Volumes up larger pricing moves. Less than 2 weeks to report. There are obviously fundamentals of company growth etc. however pre and immediately post report stock price will divorce itself from these parameters. The covering of the shorts will determine price next two weeks. If you look at ownership stats individuals own very small percentage of stock. Don't let shorts off easily. Remember these days, they don't come often enough to cash in prematurely. You have mostly believed in the company and are not day traders. These two weeks are your reward/bonus

Tempting prices but the short squeeze is just starting. Volumes up larger pricing moves. Less than 2 weeks to report. There are obviously fundamentals of company growth etc. however pre and immediately post report stock price will divorce itself from these parameters. The covering of the shorts will determine price next two weeks. If you look at ownership stats individuals own very small percentage of stock. Don't let shorts off easily. Remember these days, they don't come often enough to cash in prematurely. You have mostly believed in the company and are not day traders. These two weeks are your reward/bonus

Good point.. 71% institutional owners. I'll bet that out of the remaining 29%, there are a higher than average % of individual investors who believe in Tesla quite a bit, and wouldn't sell their shares unless something REALLY bad happens. I can't help but think there is a very good possibility TSLA sees upward action coming up to earnings. 37% short float is nothing to sneeze at.

Has me thinking I should do something ridiculous like offer up my shares for the low low price of $100 - see if there are any takers :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.