Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The claim that Elon is “Fact Checking” is ridiculous. Does he check the Forum? Now that’s another question altogether.
  1. How popular is TMC among people who follow the automotive industry, and among Auto News readers in particular? If "not much", why does Auto News ask this question?
  2. Did Auto News find anything remarkable in Fact Checking's posts? If so, what is it? If not, why do they ask the question, again?
Given the "not supportive" tone of Auto News (and their recent hires), I guess they're just trying to draw attention to what's being said here, so that the old guard does not grow old too quickly and get a chance to rebut our growth story.

Lol, I feel stupid. I was noticing that my stock ticker wasn't ticking, despite it being half an hour after the markets normally open.

Then I remembered that you guys just changed your clocks, didn't you? ;)

I was on holiday recently and my partner and me (She's also a Tesla investor). One day we were trying to check the price and it looked closed We checked the times, ok, looked to see if it was a holiday in the US, no. Was there an attack on the NYSE? Had there been a flash crash. Then it dawned on us, it was Saturday.

Is it just me or is the myth that wealthy people don’t pay taxes absolutely ridiculous?

I am sure many of us that own Tesla’s are in the “wealthy” category. Am I the only one of us that pays a large amount of taxes?

Also - if/when I do sell my TSLA shares at a healthy gain - Uncle Sam Will again get a healthy cut of my gains.

Apparently, not as wealthy as you think. Income tax is for losers like us. Imagine having your net worth make untaxed capital gains in perpetuity which are 10x as much as your consumption requirements/desires.

I'm loving the new FUD articles. "Tesla's hidden energy sales that helped profits". LOL. Way to try to spin profits as some nefarious scheme rather than acknowledging the huge upside to their non-car business.
RIGHT?! Like "ohhh these bastards are making money! It's a scam! Short this pig!" Delusional

Actual footage of Spiegel & Co this morning... It ain't pretty
original_143940658.png

The upper class isn't paying any taxes to speak of at this point anyway. I guess they could cut it below zero, they've done that before.

It's true, the Republicans and their bosses don't care. The market traders do care, though, and they do not like inflation.

On the off chance you really are just misinformed on US taxes, the opposite is true. Not only does the US upper class pay the overwhelming majority of the taxes, the US tax system is one of the most progressive in the world:

imrs.php

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-least/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ef8af537c0cf

American taxes are unusually progressive. Government spending is not

The fact that so many people think this isn't the case is testimony to the power of the media to control the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.