Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No picture
March 2018 - A Tesla Model X crashed and caught fire near Mountain View, California. The crash involved two other cars resulting in the death of the 38-year-old Tesla driver at a nearby hospital shortly after the crash.

May 2018 - A 2014 Tesla Model S drove off the road and hit a concrete wall in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, immediately catching fire, and killing two teenagers and injuring another.
You do know that gas cars catch fire, too, right? At a rate significantly higher than Teslas.

Just ask Paul Walker. Oh, wait... you can't.

If you'd like to do more research on this topic, we've got a thread for you over here: ICE cars are dangerous.

Clearly a reader of a single word Nikola Tesla had ever left in his news writings, or the facts that are not changing just because you have a lack of comprehension. Oh stock is up, today, just as it was when Seeking Alpha wrote their last story. And was 100% with their findings.
You sound like you are concerned about the batteries that are burning up. I would be concerned for those who were in the vehicles and their lawsuits, as well as their property like garages/homes as they're burned down with people inside...
Fanboys love the facts, their facts that have nothing to do with fact or reality. As clearly shown. LOL "LOOK @ THE PRICE TODAY, SO WHAT ABOUT TOMORROW... LIKE LAST TIME SEEKING ALPHA WAS RIGHT... OH A WHIM."
@LifeUnderDaMic
Please learn how to spell
It’s “SleezeKing Ralphing” , having read them for 4-6 years

I take a different track. I believe Tesla will go a lot higher but dont seek to sell at the top or for that matter buy at the bottom. Will sell less than 1% of my position [through either sale of stock or selling covered calls) whenever it gets close to the next hundred In stock price. That cash can be used to buy more stock with a significant pull back (usually over some nonsense issue). If I sell covered calls will use the cash to buy some deep in the money calls to replace a portion of stock that might be called away. I never remove all my chips from the table or shove everything in at once and remember never to complain about a profit

Minimum 100 shares selling covered calls. The lower bound of your positions in TSLA can then be estimated to be roughly

(100*360)/(0.01) = 3.6M in TSLA holding. This is lower bound.

Wait, "exponential " for > 7K?

Source?
Well, I can't say for sure, one of the interviews, this topic came up several times and he used a bit of different wording, I think. After searching, I can't find supporting quotes, but my understanding was that it will become more difficult to find opportunities for incremental efficiency improvements once you've used up the obvious and quickest solutions to up the volume by a significant #. I.e. next iterations may give you smaller deltas.
But the quote from Q3 call is not exactly that.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript -- The Motley Fool
Yeah, very minimal to get to 7,000 a week. And then I mean that's really just basically solving improving our time of the existing lines, and we can do 7,000 a week. So and then it gets a little harder as you start to go above 7,000, it would need -- at least bringing lines down in Fremont for significant upgrades to get to 10k. But also just not -- we're not talking about massive amounts of CapEx. But I would say like long term it's -- again long-term, it's something -- if we are thinking these are quarter-by-quarter basis, it's very difficult because when you have an exponential growth rate like we do, I mean, if you look at Tesla's cumulative deliveries over time, just like the cleanest exponential curve that I've ever seen. So -- but small movements in calendar time can look like a very large hit or miss, one way the other, because it's such a steep curve, that's why it's very tricky to predict things on a quarterly basis, but a lot of user if you go out in a year or so. Yeah, I mean, probably long-term it's -- as we serve 7,000 to 10,000 cars from Fremont of Model 3 and then kind of 5,000 to 8,000 in rest of world something like that, this is a guess.
Note how in the bolded part of the sentence the max output sounds tentative - no explicit promises.

Reactions: neroden
tenor.gif

OT

To say that Orange created the problem of 40% and ridiculed him for taking the credit for solving the problem he created is such a gross simplification and distortion of the issue at hand.

The above talking point is just liberal's spin from FAKE NEWS!

To be frank, I find it hard to believe that I am starting to defend Orange more and more and adopt his wording now. Which has not been my style, to say the least.
Do you want to elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.