Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Model 3 changes - Beginning of June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome Jeremy. My car is a 717 car too. Currently stuck in Chicago waiting for a truck to deliver to Dedham MA.

Fingers crossed for you.

Even though you can’t charge the phone sideways like I can with my TapTes version this Tesla one is more solid, nicer to the touch, faster, and only needs one cable instead of two. This I’ll be keeping it.

Interesting my other 2020 from Dec 23 (without this upgrades) is actually a 616 VIN.

Not sure I’ll be adding a TapTes (or Jeda) hub to this new one.

Fingers crossed for you.

Even though you can’t charge the phone sideways like I can with my TapTes version this Tesla one is more solid, nicer to the touch, faster, and only needs one cable instead of two. This I’ll be keeping it.

Interesting my other 2020 from Dec 23 (without this upgrades) is actually a 616 VIN.

Not sure I’ll be adding a TapTes (or Jeda) hub to this new one.
Thanks Jeremy. Looks like my 3 AWD will have wireless charging. My current car has the Nomad. I may just let it go with the car on trade in.

Thanks Jeremy. Looks like my 3 AWD will have wireless charging. My current car has the Nomad. I may just let it go with the car on trade in.
The Nomad has indicator lights, the Tesla one does not. I need to double check but my Pixel 3XL was draining faster than it was charging on the Tesla pad while running maps in the Y. Don't remember if that was the case with the Nomad in the 3

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
The Nomad has indicator lights, the Tesla one does not. I need to double check but my Pixel 3XL was draining faster than it was charging on the Tesla pad while running maps in the Y. Don't remember if that was the case with the Nomad in the 3

Helps to have a USB port meter. The lack of charging light on the Tesla doesn’t me and when you put an iPhone starts charging the screen comes on. In terms of absolute speed a cabled connection is almost always faster.

Helps to have a USB port meter. The lack of charging light on the Tesla doesn’t me and when you put an iPhone starts charging the screen comes on. In terms of absolute speed a cabled connection is almost always faster.

I haven't refreshed my USB gadgets, my USB power meters are not up to the current standards. Perhaps it is time to see what is out there.

Thanks Arnold. Between now and my delivery I’ll decide whether or not to keep the Nomad. It becomes a moot point if my new Model 3 LR AWD doesn’t have it. From what I’ve read my VIN does. Have a great day.

Man, sometimes the things tesla does makes zero ( and I mean ZERO) sense...

So previously, they:

1. Took away floor mats
2. made people purchase the homelink garage adapter separate, for $300
3. Took away baggage hooks from the front trunk (frunk)

yet now they are going to include a wireless charger, instead of putting baggage hooks in the frunk, or putting homelink back in each car?

makes perfect sense, yep.
I bet you're gonna get a lot of hate for posting that, but it's true regardless of what fanboys think. It would make a lot more sense for them to include the door pocket ambient lights, dead pedal, floor mats, and frunk hooks instead of this. Also removing auto dim side mirrors seems rather cheap in a $60,000 car. I didn't even use wireless charging until recently, and I have no problem paying $75 for the new pad. However, getting a new luxury car without floor mats or a garage door opener seemed rather cheap.

I bet you're gonna get a lot of hate for posting that, but it's true regardless of what fanboys think. It would make a lot more sense for them to include the door pocket ambient lights, dead pedal, floor mats, and frunk hooks instead of this. Also removing auto dim side mirrors seems rather cheap in a $60,000 car. I didn't even use wireless charging until recently, and I have no problem paying $75 for the new pad. However, getting a new luxury car without floor mats or a garage door opener seemed rather cheap.

I agree with your points, but I'm guessing switching to wireless charging and USB-C is actually a cost saving measure for them. Those parts are already used on the Y, so instead of producing / stocking two different parts, now they only have to make / keep one type. I haven't seen anything official from Tesla on the reason for the switch, but I'd put money on it being cost saving vs. change for the consumer benefit.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
I agree with your points, but I'm guessing switching to wireless charging and USB-C is actually a cost saving measure for them. Those parts are already used on the Y, so instead of producing / stocking two different parts, now they only have to make / keep one type. I haven't seen anything official from Tesla on the reason for the switch, but I'd put money on it being cost saving vs. change for the consumer benefit.
Yeah I get it from a business perspective, but from a customer satisfaction point it's kinda weak (which should be part of the equation, but seems to have been absent recently for Tesla).

One part set I hope they carry over from the Model Y would be the black trim, man that looks slick. The chrome is not my favorite.