Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] ‘Highland’ order discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if our Chinese aftermarket vendors will bring out a set of retrofit stalks.

I had hoped indicators would be on the voice command list but nothing shown in the manual under the current list of commands.
Voice commands are processed in the cloud so the delay and also needing good signal would ruin that.

Plus how good are they are filtering out a chatty wife that won’t shut up? 😂

Reactions: SiW80
Actually saw a Model 3 Highland on UK roads yesterday morning.
Was a LHD on French plates though.

I live near Castle Combe circuit and as I was returning from walking one of my dogs and was reversing into my drive a Highland stopped to let me do it.

Looked good. I think a lot of people are going to be very happy.

I think at least from the videos and pictures I've seen, it's a nice improvement in looks. I never did like the front too much. The changes to the rear also look nice also.

Of course the Model Y needs this treatment more as it's got a face only a mother could love ;)

I flip flop on the looks. Keep having this recurring thought that it doesn’t really have an unmistakable brand identity in the way other cars (e.g. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc) do. When you catch a glance at it, do you think “oh that’s a Tesla”?

But then again the current car is a departure from the legacy S/X, so I dunno. I also wonder whether if I even care.

new MS without stalks and no complaints
Not sure about US but in UK forums there is a general belief that lack of stalks on its own itself is not a selling point and customers will move away from Tesla because of lack of stalks. People refuse to consider no stalk/indicator switches on its own as a selling point/novelty factor AND Tesla can/will add stalk as extras (probably £1000 for a pair :) and name them Model 3S - heard it here first) in the future.

Not sure about US but in UK forums there is a general belief that lack of stalks on its own itself is not a selling point and customers will move away from Tesla because of lack of stalks. People refuse to consider no stalk/indicator switches on its own as a selling point/novelty factor AND Tesla can/will add stalk as extras (probably £1000 for a pair) in the future.
Watch closely, it could be an age and or mindset thing
I’m totally into minimalist design
Wonder of young people in rhe UK want buttons back, stalks back?

Btw rhe S3XY company are working on Stalk product for stalkless Ts

How did you find it on large and small roundabouts?
He's American ;)

Not sure about US but in UK forums there is a general belief that lack of stalks on its own itself is not a selling point and customers will move away from Tesla because of lack of stalks. People refuse to consider no stalk/indicator switches on its own as a selling point/novelty factor AND Tesla can/will add stalk as extras (probably £1000 for a pair :) and name them Model 3S - heard it here first) in the future.

Some will accept it, others won't. All would have accepted having stalks though so I think they've limited their market somewhat now. How much though is unknown. It's like marmite now, you'll either love it or hate it ;)

I’ve thought about it while driving and when it would be an issue and I could convince myself quite easily that most of the time it would be fine. The issue however is on the occasions when it would be difficult are the occasions when you I felt I most needed it as the situation was a little more complex.

I’d love to know what an institute of advanced motorists or a driving instructor make of it, ie someone that’s probably better qualified that most of us.

Reactions: SiW80
I’ve thought about it while driving and when it would be an issue and I could convince myself quite easily that most of the time it would be fine. The issue however is on the occasions when it would be difficult are the occasions when you I felt I most needed it as the situation was a little more complex.

I’d love to know what an institute of advanced motorists or a driving instructor make of it, ie someone that’s probably better qualified that most of us.
Agree - until those complex situations occur it’s hard to tell until having dealt with it.

Is the lack of stalks only an issue for Tesla drivers??? BMW and Audi drivers never indicate so lack of stalks wouldn't be an issue....
I'd put money that more BMW drivers will indicate than Model 3 Highland drivers. Tesla's made it a pain to do on roundabouts so I wouldn't be surprised if many just stop indicating when they want to take an exit.

The reason BMW got this reputation was their older models the indicator stalk didn't work like a regular car. People didn't like it and some stopped indicating because of it. Same is going to happen with Tesla's now I think as they've invented even worse ones.

Reactions: kpanda17 and Durzel