Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] ‘Highland’ order discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Highland M3 on 19th October with delivery Jan/February 2024. This changed within a few days to last 2 weeks in December and more recently to 29th and 30th December.

On the strength of this started advertising my car.

Go on the app this morning and it's now showing 9th January to 13th March.

Got a buyer for the car but if I accept could be without a car for over 4 months.

Is this normal with Tesla? Impossible to plan if they keep changing dates.
My order changed from and to the same dates, was expecting it to be Jan-Feb originally so not too concerned, if you can do without a car now I would sell as used prices will only fall more I would have thought but depends how much you need it, as I understand it when car is in transit from China some way through the journey a VIN will be allocated so that will them give a much firmer date to plan to, I sold my car last year which was a little excessive 🤣, what colour did you go for?

Reactions: Roger20
My order changed from and to the same dates, was expecting it to be Jan-Feb originally so not too concerned, if you can do without a car now I would sell as used prices will only fall more I would have thought but depends how much you need it, as I understand it when car is in transit from China some way through the journey a VIN will be allocated so that will them give a much firmer date to plan to, I sold my car last year which was a little excessive 🤣, what colour did you go for?
Stealth Grey LR with 19". Not quite brave enough for the red😊.

Just going in to Leeds to see if I can find out a bit more. Puzzled as to why delivery now extended to a wide window. If they had allocated a specific car to a 2 day slot why isn't that same allocation available in the immediate New Year? I understand all about Tesla manipulating year end deliveries to suit stock market expectations.

Is this normal with Tesla? Impossible to plan if they keep changing dates.

I recommend you don't assume anything until you've got a VIN. (and you might have to figure that out yourself delving into the HTML for the web page ... albeit the method is well documented).

That will at least (based on previous, and assuming it doesn't change!) indicate that the car is on a boat (and typically also means it is some around about Suez)

And also assuming the car comes from China ...

Stealth Grey LR with 19". Not quite brave enough for the red😊.

Just going in to Leeds to see if I can find out a bit more. Puzzled as to why delivery now extended to a wide window. If they had allocated a specific car to a 2 day slot why isn't that same allocation available in the immediate New Year? I understand all about Tesla manipulating year end deliveries to suit stock market expectations.
Nice choice, I do like the new grey, yes dates were weird, just think the 31st December date stayed the same and was always the first date that changed until Friday

I think, UK at least, Tesla will beat last years M3 delivery number especially if they put some good end of quarter deals on existing inventory in December so maybe they are not too worried on delivering Highland early

As much as I love my M3LR…I really envy you guys in line for a new Highland….not just the new car smell but softer suspension, quieter ride, more advanced cameras and chips…although I still don’t know what to make of the new grill🤷🏼‍♂️🤔

My worry with Highland is if there’s a significant non-retrofittable refresh early into its life (e.g. within 12 months). The UK car landed in mid 2019 and was changed in 2020 (modified console, dechrome, heatpump) and then twice in early 2021 (new console, matrix lights, etc) and late 2021 (Ryzen).

I guess that’s more to do with the fact that it was out in the States in 2018 so was already a year old when it landed here, so maybe this new car won’t see the same treatment.

I get that there’s never a perfect a time to buy tech stuff, it’s always evolving, but having bought my 2020 car at the “worst” time (when Tesla removed dimming wing mirrors, without any of the later significant upgrades) I’d like to try and avoid making the same mistake twice.

Anyone want to place any bets? Seems likely a front bumper camera will come along sooner than later, given it was apparently deleted for launch?

My worry with Highland is if there’s a significant non-retrofittable refresh early into its life (e.g. within 12 months). The UK car landed in mid 2019 and was changed in 2020 (modified console, dechrome, heatpump) and then twice in early 2021 (new console, matrix lights, etc) and late 2021 (Ryzen).

I guess that’s more to do with the fact that it was out in the States in 2018 so was already a year old when it landed here, so maybe this new car won’t see the same treatment.

I get that there’s never a perfect a time to buy tech stuff, it’s always evolving, but having bought my 2020 car at the “worst” time (when Tesla removed dimming wing mirrors, without any of the later significant upgrades) I’d like to try and avoid making the same mistake twice.

Anyone want to place any bets? Seems likely a front bumper camera will come along sooner than later, given it was apparently deleted for launch?
Ying and yang, history shows that newer revisions are just as likely to remove stuff. My guess for what Santa Elon will remove next ...

Drivers lumbar support as data shows people don't change it often so clearly don't benefit
TPMS replaced with AI that can guess tyre pressure from the grip
AutoHorn with 3 modes :- Polite, Assertive, Harass Female Pedestrians
Sunvisors replaced with dimming window glass that absolutely never gets it wrong
Wipers fully replaced with rainex coating and lasers
Frunk removed to make space for gaming computer
Airfilters replaced with AI air
-