Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regen braking certainly seems a touch more agressive. I pulled off the duel carriageway at my usual turn at 70 and it slowed me well before the bend. It’s usually just before.
That said, I had a longer trip and the battery would have been warmer.
Also seems to brake for bends less aggressively and accelerates better from the apex in TACC or AP

And... since arriving home, I left sentry mode on and when I went to out this evening, I found 63 events. All inside my garage. Nothing at any of the dots. I came home, put it back in the garage and a couple of hours later there were another 57 events with no marker dots.
Turned sentry off and did a reset!

Last edited:
Reactions: davidmc
My rear left ultrasonic sensor was pinging intermittent false positives at 33 inches after the upgrade - nothing physical to trigger - a reset cleared it.

No point other than to say it’s weird what it gets in a funk about post upgrade.

Don't know if it's related to the update, but driving the car back home last night (first time driving at night) I was getting constant intermittent "Left door pillar blocked or blinded" warnings, and at one point "Multiple cameras blocked or blinded". I checked the door pillar camera when I got back and it wasn't misted up or looked in any way like it would've been obscured. Weird.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Don't know if it's related to the update, but driving the car back home last night (first time driving at night) I was getting constant intermittent "Left door pillar blocked or blinded" warnings, and at one point "Multiple cameras blocked or blinded". I checked the door pillar camera when I got back and it wasn't misted up or looked in any way like it would've been obscured. Weird.
I get that occasionally, but only when its pitch black and no lights around so the cameras can not see anything.

Reactions: Durzel
I was getting constant intermittent "Left door pillar blocked or blinded" warnings, and at one point "Multiple cameras blocked or blinded".

Its possibly the cars sixth sense. There one where you are in middle of nowhere in pitch black and have the feeling that something is right next to you. Likewise, the car is on a pitch black road, knows there is something at side of road, but cannot see it.

Another one is low evening (or morning) sun.

Me too about 2345 for about 10 miles first left then right, first drive after 28.6 update no misting visible .. too late in the year to have low sun here!!

Exact same thing for me when it was pitch-black out in the middle of the Cotwolds last weekend. Don't think it's an issue with the actual cameras, just lack of light.

Just updated to .6. Just to get a little bit consumerist for a moment. I've paid a lot of money for this car and while I'm still not regretting it, I am facing some facts:
It's an expensive car and when compared to others in the same price bracket, the overall finish leaves a little to be desired BUT the tech is supposed to outweigh that..
However:
The software tech does not work as advertised in the European market...smart summon (or any summon) doesn't work properly. FSD doesn't work properly. Voice doesn't work properly.
The last three or four updates have not addressed any of those issues and there is only so long that a games update or foreign language support will be mildly interesting.
I think Tesla have to up their customer support game and start proactively explaining to non-USA regions (it's not hard, an email will do) what we can expect and when.
All that said, acceleration boost will always bring a smile to my face...

Do remember Tesla can't fix the issues in Europe! It's the way it is due to restrictions the EU have placed on 'Advanced driver assist systems' such as Autopilot.

Tesla is constantly battling the EU to make them change their crazy regulations, but until then, nothing can change really!

Lane changes are forced to time out after 15 seconds, lane change confirmations must be active, 3 blinks of the indicator must happen before the lane change, lane changes must only happen on divided highways, the car can't corner sharply, it can't turn if the g-force is past a certain amount, smart summon must have the phone within 6 meters and only move up to 20 meters, etc.

Those are ALL regulations in the EU by the way, none of those apply in other markets such as the US. Hence 'FSD' is so screwed for us right now!

It's not Tesla we should be angry at for the lack of features. :(

Do remember Tesla can't fix the issues in Europe! It's the way it is due to restrictions the EU have placed on 'Advanced driver assist systems' such as Autopilot.

Tesla is constantly battling the EU to make them change their crazy regulations, but until then, nothing can change really!

Lane changes are forced to time out after 15 seconds, lane change confirmations must be active, 3 blinks of the indicator must happen before the lane change, lane changes must only happen on divided highways, the car can't corner sharply, it can't turn if the g-force is past a certain amount, smart summon must have the phone within 6 meters and only move up to 20 meters, etc.

Those are ALL regulations in the EU by the way, none of those apply in other markets such as the US. Hence 'FSD' is so screwed for us right now!

It's not Tesla we should be angry at for the lack of features. :(
Being a bit pedantic but they're not EU regulations rather the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe:

United Nations Economic Commission for Europe - Wikipedia

Reactions: DrivenRay
Being a bit pedantic but they're not EU regulations rather the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe:

United Nations Economic Commission for Europe - Wikipedia

Thanks for the clarification! I couldn't remember if it was EU or something from the UN that the EU was following.

Just hoping Tesla can bother them enough to get the regulations changed, they put you in more danger than they help avoid at the moment. Limiting g-forces and steering angle sounds like a good idea for safety but it'd run you off the road on a sharp bend.

Reactions: Medved_77
The car manufacturers and organisations are all working to turn the regulations into something workable. The regulations are there for a reason, but being a committee does not necessarily move as fast or in the direction that some may like. But thats not necessarily a bad thing when some don't even want to play by their own countries rules and would rather do things how it suits them rather than everyone else.

The car manufacturers and organisations are all working to turn the regulations into something workable. The regulations are there for a reason, but being a committee does not necessarily move as fast or in the direction that some may like. But thats not necessarily a bad thing when some don't even want to play by their own countries rules and would rather do things how it suits them rather than everyone else.

Oh yeah, totally. I get the idea behind the regulations, but I think companies should be able to prove that their system doesn't need to have the regulations imposed on it.

Think like getting a provisional license where you can drive in a limited capacity but proving you can drive in a driving test allows you to get a full license with no limitations.

Mmm.... I must have missed that bit in the advertising spec for the car. All I read was Full Self Driving: 6000€.
I believe they'll get there, I just am not that interested in Portuguese language support or a new game.

So, I pulled up at the front of the queue under the traffic lights. The car saw both sets my side and the single set the other side of the cross roads.
So far so good.
Until...
A pedestrian crossed and waited on the island in the middle.
The two closest traffic lights started to change repeated from red to green and back before disappearing entirely. The stationery pedestrian meanwhile, was practically breakdancing.
The lights proper remained at red and the car did see the furthest light turn green.
FSD a way off yet Elon!

Reactions: Durzel