Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something really weird happened to me on my first drive after upgrading today: my car did the usual thing that every other freaking car I’ve owned has done when invoking cruise control and used my current speed!!!!

It didn’t feel unnatural at all. It felt comforting. A year’s worth of attempts to train my neural net to expect/love the bat-*sugar* crazy behaviour of setting the speed to an inaccurate limit based on an out-of-date map failed.

It’s just struck me tonight that with just over 2k miles on the clock and 2 months into ownership, I have a car that has seen several significant new features added by connecting to the internet - some of which I would consider no-brainers e.g. TACC speed setting - but also others that have genuinely added to the capability of the vehicle, for example improved speed sign detection and non-supercharger destination nav.

There are a few foibles with this car but it is a completely different proposition to anything I’ve encountered before.

The performance is also breathtaking, especially when usage pattern for the car is infrequent - it’s almost always a pleasure to get in and use it.

Looking forward to seeing what comes over the next few years .... wonder if we’ll see more efficiency improvements as the fleet is split between pre and post Q4 builds for the Model 3.

If they carry on like this and eventually start listening to customers - the model Y long range is a no-brainier next time around ....

The update to being able to set cruise to current speed and the percentage over makes this my most useful since getting the car in September.

I've set a 10% offset for the speed limit and then-put the setting to current speed when TACC is engaged so I can just hold the stock down for one second and it goes to 10% offset.

Last year, there was a long break (2019.16 to 2019.36.1) - between manual updates that resumed when V10 came out. So quite possibly, V11 will bring the resumption of manual updates, hopefully soon.

New manual isn’t far off...

upload_2020-11-10_19-37-26.png

Something really weird happened to me on my first drive after upgrading today: my car did the usual thing that every other freaking car I’ve owned has done when invoking cruise control and used my current speed!!!!

It didn’t feel unnatural at all. It felt comforting. A year’s worth of attempts to train my neural net to expect/love the bat-*sugar* crazy behaviour of setting the speed to an inaccurate limit based on an out-of-date map failed.

This. I simply didn't use it before, even for the 1 time in 200 miles that it would slam the brakes on for no reason.

Now they just need to make it less 'cautious' when overtaking on highways, ie car should start to bring itself up to full speed as soon as you indicate/start to change lanes, rather than holding distance until the lane change is complete.

Reactions: MacPaul
TeslaScope has just pinged in Georgia.

Rollout mystery continues to be random...

Twitter is going mad for the roll out. Seems to be a fair few FSD getting this update.

Interestingly Nikola bot spotted this 21 hours ago on a Model X

and now TeslaFi..