Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, what if I wanted a gap?

If you (as an artist) want a gap between two of the songs on your album, you can put it there. It's your album, you can make it sound however you want.

What you don't want is dumb crappy audio players sticking extra gaps between your songs when there was supposed to be no gap. Imagine a live album, where there's supposed to be continuous audience noise between the tracks with no sudden glitches or silence.

I clearly had adapted to the old way too well as the new method feels as if the car rapidly slowing back down to set speed when lifting from the accelerator - very noticeable when accelerating onto a fast road/motorway and engaging AP whilst still accelerating. You lift and the car immediately starts slowing back down to the speed you were doing when you engaged AP :eek:

There may be an override for this behaviour. Apparently, if you press lever down for TACC and hold down for one second, it sounds like you may revert to old functionality and set TACC to speed limit (plus any speed offset). I like the sound of that.

Has anyone tried? I'm probably not going to have a chance to try for quite some time.

Source: 2020.44.X

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1
There may be an override for this behaviour. Apparently, if you press lever down for TACC and hold down for one second, it sounds like you may revert to old functionality and set TACC to speed limit (plus any speed offset). I like the sound of that.

Has anyone tried? I'm probably not going to have a chance to try for quite some time.

Source: 2020.44.X
Yes it works. Also found a slow single down press through both positions gives the same result.

How many more updates! Now it wants to install 2020.44.10.1, this is about the 4th update in a month!

These were our updates from around this time last year leading up to new year 2020.4.1 release. We were on advanced at the time but have since reverted mostly to standard update schedule to reduce frequency and improve stability of the releases.

So expect plenty of releases between now and new year, especially with V11 seemingly still imminent.

Third column is days since first discovery, last column says since last install.

upload_2020-11-9_19-10-35.png

Last edited:
Back on the subject of the latest software update, I’ve just come back from my weekly supermarket shop and a couple of times the car suddenly decided that the speed limit had changed when it hadn’t. On the motorway it suddenly decided the speed limit was 40 instead of 70 and on an A road the speed limit was 20 instead of 50. I hadn’t passed any speed limit signs so no idea what it was doing and thankfully there wasn’t anyone around, but did feel borderline dangerous. I’ve sent a bug report to Tesla but one to watch out for.

How do you just put the headlights on manually? I figured out that pushing away turns auto-dip on and off again, pulling back just flashes the headlights, but not sure how to just turn them on myself?

EDIT: Looking online it seems you can only have either auto high beams, or manual, not both?

The stalk does main beam toggle, auto or otherwise off/continuous. Pull towards, you get flash. Just like most cars.

The screen (controls / lights etc) does headlights, but headlights usefully revert to auto at start of each drive.

Last edited:
Sorry, I mean high beams. Headlights being on auto is fine.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to be able to choose whether to have auto high beam (the one where its main beam unless it sees light), or to be able to manually put it on and leave it on. I guess I can't do this though. I'm sure in other cars I've been able to do that, but maybe I'm misremembering.