Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Last edited:
Reactions: Mr H
2021.12.4.2 seems to be the base release for Plaid Software on Plaid

I'm just surprised that its taken so long to be picked up by the software tracking apps - Nikola/TeslaFi etc. I wonder if that is an indication as to where the initial Plaid shipments went - those under NDA possibly?

I believe that Plaid is based on much more powerful hardware. How much of the UI will transfer over to MCU2 cars will be interesting (not games obvs.) - part of me wonders if we have started to see the limits of the MCU2 cars and part of the reason for V11 delays is resource limited.

They might decide to keep it to the S/X lines in order to differentiate. Or they might decide the lower development and support cost of a common code base has more merit. I hope we do get this because I like the idea of customising tiles to my preference.

First showing of 2021.12.x on anything other than a new Plaid? It was previously on another unicorn 2021.4.22 - coinciding with tonights FSD beta 9?

TeslaFi said:
Software version 2021.12.25 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Performance in California United States. The highest previous version was 2021.12.4.7. Follow the 2021.12.25 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Reactions: Mark-R and CMc1
I haven’t played a single game in the car.

Would be interested to know stats of usage. If I’m in my car I’ll also have my phone on me so I’d just use that if I wanted to play stuff.
Only time I’ve “played” any games is when my 9 yr old has been in the car when I’m parked up charging I have never personally played a game in my car, (must be my age, apologies to younger forum children)😂

I haven’t played a single game in the car.

Would be interested to know stats of usage. If I’m in my car I’ll also have my phone on me so I’d just use that if I wanted to play stuff.
Tried the Asteroids game once as it took me back to my youth, but didn't find it easy to control using the car. Or maybe I'm just a lot worse at it after a 40 year break.

Reactions: Durzel and Somex