Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not necessarily supporting his view, but Elon didn't actually say "proper" testing. He said all hardware configs in all conditions. I think hardware is key here, i.e. not simulated, and even he can't yet control the weather, for example.
What are the specifics of the FCW failure - then let's see if it's reasonable to test for that scenario
Musky remains cavalier in his promises and production techniques, I've cleaned up enough problems to know he cuts the wrong corners

What are the specifics of the FCW failure - then let's see if it's reasonable to test for that scenario

From what I can see, the FSW and later disablement of AP was pretty prolific. Certainly not edge case. It sounds very much like this was alpha software that should have remained firmly within the Tesla only test fleet and not released to public (or Tesla staff) beta. It seems so prolific that Tesla doing a couple of runs with their own test fleet would have spotted the issue.

Reactions: goRt
Unfortunately the release notes say nothing about improving phantom braking, which is the main thing I want!
Never experienced this on a motorway but it does get quite twitchy if you're on an A-road and an HGV cuts the corner at 60mph.

You're only supposed to use Autopilot on roads with a central reservation (and it doesn't happen on TACC) so I guess that's the price you pay. I have a 2021 M3 and haven't seen it phantom brake for bridges yet as other people describe.

Never experienced this on a motorway but it does get quite twitchy if you're on an A-road and an HGV cuts the corner at 60mph.

You're only supposed to use Autopilot on roads with a central reservation (and it doesn't happen on TACC) so I guess that's the price you pay. I have a 2021 M3 and haven't seen it phantom brake for bridges yet as other people describe.
It does do it on TACC, that’s the problem I have. Fine on motorways and dual carriageways but does it quite often on A & B roads, especially if the sun is out and low in the sky (which it is all day this time of year), so the long shadows must be confusing the car.

Not sure if it's different on newer cars but the only entry I had in the release notes was Mobile App Improvements. Nothing about vision based Autopark, etc (I have FSD). Ho hum.

I spotted yesterday that if you access release notes immediately after install you get a different set of release notes than if you access it from the software screen.

The latter will give intermediate sets of release notes for versions whether you discretely took that version or not or just got it as part of a cumulative rollup. So you will find the winter improvements from that screen even if you jumped direct from .32.x to .36.5.x and never took .36 direct.

Even though, no mention of vision based autopark - that apparently came in 2021.36.5 so clearly not for our region yet (backed up by my experience of not being offered autopark when traversing empty white lined parking spaces) even though some hints of different in autopark behaviour.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Musky remains cavalier in his promises and production techniques, I've cleaned up enough problems to know he cuts the wrong corners

As I said, I wasn't defending anything.

Elon isn't daft, he makes generic statements in a different way to most. I think it amuses him when people misquote him.

Picking up on the specifics is a far better argument.

I spotted yesterday that if you access release notes immediately after install you get a different set of release notes than if you access it from the software screen.

The latter will give intermediate sets of release notes for versions whether you discretely took that version or not or just got it as part of a cumulative rollup. So you will find the winter improvements from that screen even if you jumped direct from .32.x to .36.5.x and never took .36 direct.

Even though, no mention of vision based autopark - that apparently came in 2021.36.5 so clearly not for our region yet (backed up by my experience of not being offered autopark when traversing empty white lined parking spaces) even though some hints of different in autopark behaviour.
Thanks, I didn't know that.. seems a bit strange that if you skip an intermediate version (because you're not offered it in time) that you don't see the cumulative patch notes since the version you had.

Also weird how we aren't getting the Autopark update. Surely the parking spaces in the UK (Europe?) aren't anything special.. it's still just lines demarcating a space.

Reactions: MrBadger