Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im confused. Which update is supposed to have better regen in cold conditions? I thought the update I have has it but is it only in 2021.4.15?
739261AD-3927-4E2D-B7A8-7A6E2D7B061C.jpeg

Im confused. Which update is supposed to have better regen in cold conditions? I thought the update I have has it but is it only in 2021.4.15?

Tesla don't normally change the release notes between minor releases. So you can get a brand new release, nothing has much changed, yet you still see loads of changes in the release notes as you got them potentially several releases prior. Not that cold weather improvements is confirmation that it has better regen, but I certainly felt some differences in 2021.4.12 if not before. But then, it may just have been a bit warmer - the cars behave in a very organic way.

You can see the release notes relevant to your car from the car screen. That should tell you if your car got the cold weather improvements - it does vary from car to car, region to region, option to option.

I think I got the cold weather regen boost on both .12 and 12.2. Maybe they improved it twice? :)

Can you go back through old release notes? It occurs to me that there will be people who don't even know that their car has (or might not have) a charge port heater, etc and of course they'll be missing out on knowing that Fallout Shelter got some new skins.

I think I got the cold weather regen boost on both .12 and 12.2. Maybe they improved it twice? :)

Can you go back through old release notes? It occurs to me that there will be people who don't even know that their car has (or might not have) a charge port heater, etc and of course they'll be missing out on knowing that Fallout Shelter got some new skins.
The old release notes show up on Teslafi.

Lots of reasons why the cars do not update at the same time.

A major reason is that Tesla release their updates slowly at first presumably to catch issues before too many cars get affected, but regions, models and options all add variability. Tesla also run an early adopters program and currently running a very limited beta for FSD. Another thing that Tesla do is put some cars on a special release which allows them to do comparative testing.

Being on latest and so call greatest is not always the best plan. Releases often regress some functionality so you may end up getting broken functionality with latest, or even not so latest releases. Several high profile regressions over the years.

Reactions: SeanyG and *Adam
Mine downloaded the latest version and switched from % to miles (on the app) for no apparent reason.
That's strange, has the display from your car switched to miles after the update? I've updated just now via the app from version 2021.4.12 to 2021.4.15 and not noticed the change in the app or the display in the car. Could it be someone changed the setting in the car before the update?

Installed 2021.4.15 at around 2am today. Since udate car wont sleep :(
How do you know what mcu you have?
Paid £1400 to get it upgraded about 3 weeks ago ;) as I was having all sorts of emmc issues.
Otherwise in the information details on center screen, mcu1 would show 'Tegra' (old Nividia SOC) and MCU2 shows 'Intel / Atom' i believe.
Also, mcu1 doesnt have Theatre in the Entertainment section and a limited amount of games

MS85 2014 pano!

Reactions: Anfieldgaz